Thread: New To MoP

  1. #1
    Field Marshal Blackwing-Lairz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Look behind u *Pedo smile*
    Posts
    97

    New To MoP

    What would you tell a player who has played wow since release but quit just before MoP release and is about to come back to WoW, to do first, and anything new about the game, including upcoming content :P
    Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!*Gundam Wing (Duo)*

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,989
    Dailies. Dailies. Dailies. Dailies. Dailies. - PvE

    Bots. Bots. Bots. Wintraders Wintraders. - PvP

    Ahem* Since 5-mans will no longer be developed for the duration of Pandailia, dailies have become mandatory if you wish to raid. So get your grinding hat on, it's gunna be a long one.

    As for PvP, bots and wintraders are out in force, causing people that play normally to work extremely hard for something like a title (Hero) that would've normally been easy to get for an experienced player. See for yourself http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/ look at number 4, the prime example.

    Also, CRZ is a feature implemented in 5.0.4 that completely ruined low pop servers, so if you are on one, better save up for a transfer.

    On the brighter side...well... maybe another poster can help me out here...

    Words to live by.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Also, CRZ is a feature implemented in 5.0.4 that completely brought to life low pop servers, so if you are on one, better save up for a transfer.
    Fixed.

    If you want to play without other players try to play something else than a MMO.

  4. #4
    Top ten servers or go home. Bring transfer money.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Fixed.

    If you want to play without other players try to play something else than a MMO.
    You know absolutely nothing of the changes made to low pop servers due to CRZ, I can tell by your post. Please don't refute with nonsense you know nothing about, it makes you look incredibly dumb. CRZ ruined low pop server's auction houses. Grinding mats is a hassle. Lowbies get ganked much more often due to zone overcrowding, forcing you to grind dungeons to level productively.

    If they wanted more people in their zones, then maybe they should have just made questing a little more appetizing instead of putting a band aid on it.

    Words to live by.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Dailies. Dailies. Dailies. Dailies. Dailies. - PvE

    Bots. Bots. Bots. Wintraders Wintraders. - PvP
    Cynical post is cynical.

    There is far more to do in Mists, PvE-wise, than dailies (and contrary to what was said, you can raid without doing a single daily). Scenarios, pet battles, tons of raid content ( currently 4 full raids and 4 outdoor raid bosses), challenge modes, scenarios and dungeons, tons of rare mobs and hidden/rare items to collect. If you're into mounts and pets, Mists added heaps upon heaps of both. There's a farm you can work on (and eventually, own), too, as well as a Brawler's guild that lets you kind of test yourself in progressively more difficult fights.

    Yes there are a lot of reputations to 'grind' in Mists but its quite easy to do now. Between things like the commendations and BOA rep tokens from rares, to being able to champion a rep once daily inside dungeons and scenarios, rep isn't nearly as painful/tedious as it was at Mists' launch. My only staunch criticism of Mists has been the relative pain of maintaining alts but that's also become progressively easier with each patch.

    I don't PvP so I can't speak as thoroughly for that, but botting and such has always been a problem because as soon as Blizz breaks a popular bot, people make a new one. And there's always going to be douchebags doing things like wintrading - many people are just lazyasses, plain and simple, and want reward without the effort. Ironically its often the same people bitching on forums about how 'ezmode' the game is.

    And there is a lot (and I mean, a lot) of great new lore/questlines, if you're into that kind of thing.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-03-24 at 05:45 PM.

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Cynical post is cynical.

    There is far more to do in Mists, PvE-wise, than dailies (and contrary to what was said, you can raid without doing a single daily). Scenarios, pet battles, tons of raid content ( currently 4 full raids and 4 outdoor raid bosses), challenge modes, scenarios and dungeons, tons of rare mobs and hidden/rare items to collect. If you're into mounts and pets, Mists added heaps upon heaps of both. There's a farm you can work on (and eventually, own), too, as well as a Brawler's guild that lets you kind of test yourself in progressively more difficult fights.

    Yes there are a lot of reputations to 'grind' in Mists but its quite easy to do now. Between things like the commendations and BOA rep tokens from rares, to being able to champion a rep once daily inside dungeons and scenarios, rep isn't nearly as painful/tedious as it was at Mists' launch. My only staunch criticism of Mists has been the relative pain of maintaining alts but that's become progressively easier with each patch.

    I don't PvP so I can't speak as thoroughly for that, but botting and such has always been a problem because as soon as Blizz breaks a popular bot, people make a new one. And there's always going to be douchebags doing things like wintrading - many people are just lazyasses, plain and simple, and want reward without the effort. Ironically its often the same people bitching on forums about how 'ezmode' the game is.
    Ah yes, I love hunting rares. For some godforsaken reason I could only think of negatives... Probably because they stick out more than the good things.

    Words to live by.

  8. #8
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

    On the brighter side...well... maybe another poster can help me out here...
    Why so negative ?

    OP, if you have played past expansions but find that you were just hanging around SW/ORG etc then MOP does something to offer more things to do.

    The game launched with some great 5 man content to go through, I find them a lot more story focussed than the past, plus these serve as the conclusion to the end of the zone in some cases.

    Scenarios act as way to present story across better, think dungeons but story mode. The 5.1 scenarios are probably the best as they deal with the Horde vs Alliance conflict which (after you complete the Pandaria experience) becomes the main focus, there is a lot of back stabbing and conflict going on.

    It seems that a lot of hate has been thrown about dailies but lets get real, you DO NOT need to do them if you don't want to, you can easily progress your character in the new 5.2 content by just raiding while the daily quest hub offers less than valor rewards in comparison.

    Can't speak for PvP as I have not touched it this expansion, check the 5.3 notes for some interesting stuff.

    Honestly, hop in and try it out most of the stuff can be seen in the behind the scenes DVD/Blu Ray that comes with the CE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •