Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    High Overlord Vynrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hutto, Tx (US - Zulu'hed - Horde)
    Posts
    157
    Nothing. It means nothing. 5.3 was just announced. There's no telling what they plan on adding/adjusting/removing. Nothing is set in stone until the patch is live.
    Main Rig:
    CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.6GHz w/ Corsiar H100i in push/pull
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    GPU: EVGA 780ti SC
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 16GB (8x2)
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB w/ WD Caviar Black 2TB

  2. #62
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,680
    I sense temperatures rising a bit so I'll weigh in with my usual 'spirited debates are well and good. Just try to keep it from turning into something personal and insulting.'

    Otherwise, carry on.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  3. #63
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    I sense temperatures rising a bit so I'll weigh in with my usual 'spirited debates are well and good. Just try to keep it from turning into something personal and insulting.'

    Otherwise, carry on.
    WHY Y U NO FUN /sarcasm
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  4. #64
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Case and point. You're using every chance you get to try and twist something into an insult. You're taking this crap too seriously.
    Wait what insult? In my opinion the argument you present is absurd. That doesn't mean I think you are, it just means I disagree with what you posted. Man honestly I can't call a duck a duck anymore? Your being a tad bit sensitive and protesting a bit to much. I'm not upset, clearly you are though and you should probably ask yourself why that is.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  5. #65
    haha, i love the wow community. pre-ptr patch notes have no info on quests and that apparently means they are re-evaluating their stance on something and they are going to drastically change the way the quest system works.

    Grasping at straws much?

    Warender - Orc Elemental Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Man I must be some kind of emperor or something. I denied you the ability to have an opinion without actually doing it. It's great. Call me Glorious Leader.. in fact that's not a bad idea.

    All kidding aside of course you can have your own opinion, I just don't happen to agree with it especially about RNG. RNG to me doesn't make for compelling game play. It didn't in vanilla and it doesn't now. It just makes for frustration and you know what happens when theirs to much frustration.
    RNG exists in pretty every game, especially MMO's and RPG's, that is how those games work. People don't like it, may not agree with it, but that's the system in place and I see no game changing it anytime soon. They are time fillers, a reason to continue playing, your not forced to play any games using the system, but feel free to disagree with it.

    Blizzard added gold bags, so you can kill bosses and actually be slightly required opposed to before where if your stuff didn't drop and you did not win the roll, you got nothing but another boss kill. The system might be frustrating but it gives more reward then any other system has done before hand, bonus rolls are also 'bonus'

    You cannot keep everyone in an MMO constantly engaged, if they don't want to do the systems that are available (aka PvP, scenario's) Content gating increases life expectancy and making people play. No one says it's a fun system, but it's a system that does work to a certain extent.

    Perhaps Call of Duty is more your cup of tea? Or would you like to actually suggest alternatives to the MMO/RPG method?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    No offense but if you recruited someone SOLELY on the basis of gear and Ilvl then your doing it wrong. Do you honestly use GS or ILVL as a measure? Even if you did would you take somebody to a raid and take them without a try out? Of course you try people out REGARDLESS of their ilvl. I'm sorry but that argument is ridiculous. In fact I can still make an equally ridiculous argument now. What about that 9 player raid that want's to recruit one more guy but can't find someone geared up enough for ToT?
    You obviously don't try people out regardless of ilvl, i'm not sure what raiding guild you've been in before, but good gear is the first step in spiking interest into a guild/raid leader. You'd get put as a trial, then tested out where you'll either pass the trial or fail. Anyone who isn't in half decent gear doesn't care about their character and probably just expects a boost for purples.
    Last edited by Vixene; 2013-03-23 at 07:42 PM.

  7. #67
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    RNG exists in pretty every game, especially MMO's and RPG's, that is how those games work. People don't like it, may not agree with it, but that's the system in place and I see no game changing it anytime soon. They are time fillers, a reason to continue playing, your not forced to play any games using the system, but feel free to disagree with it.

    Blizzard added gold bags, so you can kill bosses and actually be slightly required opposed to before where if your stuff didn't drop and you did not win the roll, you got nothing but another boss kill. The system might be frustrating but it gives more reward then any other system has done before hand, bonus rolls are also 'bonus'

    You cannot keep everyone in an MMO constantly engaged, if they don't want to do the systems that are available (aka PvP, scenario's) Content gating increases life expectancy and making people play. No one says it's a fun system, but it's a system that does work to a certain extent.

    Perhaps Call of Duty is more your cup of tea? Or would you like to actually suggest alternatives to the MMO/RPG method?

    Improving the system is better then just having bad luck. 5.3 is helping that to a degree. It's not like it's a bad thing. When bad luck happens consistently it gets soul crushing and doesn't make for *fun*.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  8. #68
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    RNG exists in pretty every game, especially MMO's and RPG's, that is how those games work. People don't like it, may not agree with it, but that's the system in place and I see no game changing it anytime soon. They are time fillers, a reason to continue playing, your not forced to play any games using the system, but feel free to disagree with it.

    Blizzard added gold bags, so you can kill bosses and actually be slightly required opposed to before where if your stuff didn't drop and you did not win the roll, you got nothing but another boss kill. The system might be frustrating but it gives more reward then any other system has done before hand, bonus rolls are also 'bonus'

    You cannot keep everyone in an MMO constantly engaged, if they don't want to do the systems that are available (aka PvP, scenario's) Content gating increases life expectancy and making people play. No one says it's a fun system, but it's a system that does work to a certain extent.

    Perhaps Call of Duty is more your cup of tea? Or would you like to actually suggest alternatives to the MMO/RPG method?
    *sigh* Theirs tonnes of rpgs that really don't feature rng. Skyrim is probably one of the best rpgs of recent memory and rng was nill. Mass effect and dragon age same thing.

    Adding gold bags was the best thign they did. Their was a stunning lack of gold bags and I'm so glad the developers moved to correct this huge and obvious defect in the game. Let me tell you during the height of 4.3 I was screaming on forums and in guild and twittering the developers about how the game was just missing gold bags and needed more gold bags.

    The system doesn't give more reward than any other system. In overall it's designed to give less. When valor rewards weren't gated behind rep I got WAY more out of raids because valor was WAY more worth it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    haha, i love the wow community. pre-ptr patch notes have no info on quests and that apparently means they are re-evaluating their stance on something and they are going to drastically change the way the quest system works.

    Grasping at straws much?
    I can dream, can't I?

  10. #70
    The Isle of Thunder and Dominance Offensive dailies are fine, imo. The only ones I had issue with are Golden Lotus, because it took so long to get anywhere.

  11. #71
    Hopefully they will put in some interesting lore quest-lines like they did with 5.1. Just no dailies pl0x...
    "Use the force harry." -Gandalf

  12. #72
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post
    Hopefully they will put in some interesting lore quest-lines like they did with 5.1. Just no dailies pl0x...
    What if people like dailies. *GASP*
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  13. #73
    if the faction they add will be like the sunreavers/kirintor (completly useless to any1). Then they might aswell not add new dailies at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •