Deleted

Balance Problems.

So, im Posting this for someone from our Guild.

It seems that he is having EXTREMELY problems to compete with our other Players, falling behind alot and is on par with the Tank.

As Example(sadly no logs right now) Jinrokh, all of our DPS´s are pulling 160-180/200k(stable), and he is only on 100-120k
    His Armory (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kopie/advanced)

He is telling me that he looks at EJ, Streams, Guides and all the other resources and knows how to play.

when i ask him why his DPS is so low, he told me it was because of his Gear.

Rotation, as he told me, is this:

Start with Cooldowns, then Moonfire, then Starfire until Solar Eclipse, then Moon+Sunfire, then Wrath until Lunar Eclipse, then Starfall+dots+starfire.
    Starsurge on procc.

Is something in his Rotation, CD management or Gear wrong?

Well first off you need to call him a liar. He doesn't know his class and it's obvious he doesn't know how to play it. First off his talents are wrong. He shouldn't be using soul of the forest and he shouldn't be using nature's vigil except for a few fights. He should be using heart of the wild and incarnation. He also doesn't have a meta gem in his helm which is a big issue. He also is 17 haste away from his first break point which 5273. He is also under hit cap something which if he messed with his gear correctly for 5 minutes he could achieve relatively easily. And that was just me looking at his armory for all of 5 seconds.

You need a new boomkin.

P. S. I made an account just to comment.
    Last edited by LasersLB; 2013-03-23 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is 17 points under his haste break point. His cloak should be enchanted with Int, not crit. He also has no Meta gem, and isn't matching his belt green socket, while being under hit cap (Although this is minor, he could be reforged a bit better because of it). Skinning is not a raiding profession. He is using the wrong tier 4 and tier 6 talents. He should be using Incarnation/Force of Nature in tier 4, and Heart of the Wild in tier 6. That and his rotation is horribly wrong. It also sounds like he has no idea what Astral Communion is. Every single Moonkin can be 1 Wrath cast away from Lunar, before combat with Astral Communion. If he says he reads EJ, Stream, Guides he hasn't read a current one before MoP was released, maybe even before Cata was mid way through its expansion . . . Or didn't understand the current ones, at all. (Seems LasersLB got to it before I did! Sorry for a repeat of Info!)

He should be at 75 Energy towards Lunar, with Starfall not on CD, BEFORE the fight even starts.

Start of combat opener: Pot, 1st Starfall. Wrath, hit Lunar, use Incarnation, apply Sunfire then Moonfire.

Start of rotation during CDs: Cast Starsurge/Starfire whichever is isn't on CD after they have done the above. Cast 2nd Starfall after the 1st is over and he is still in Lunar. Hit Astral Alignment at 0 Energy. Use Moonfire to apply both dots. Starsurge/Starfire until 2nd Starfall is done, cast 3rd Starfall. Reapply Moonfire during Astral Alignment when it is at 1-2 seconds with Nature's Grace active.

Start of Normal Rotation After CDs: Cast Starsurge/Starafire until Solar. Cast Wrath or your 1st Starsurge until Moonfire and Sunfire need to be reppalied 0-1 second remaning + nature's grace currently active. Continue to cast Wrath until you are at 0-5 Solar energy, if at 5 and Starsurge is up cast that instead of Wrath. Cast Starsurge/Wrath until Lunar. Enter Lunar and cast Starfall, Starsurge/Starfire until dots need to be reapplied + Nature's grace is active. Starsurge/Starfire until Solar. Repeat and reread "Start of Normal Rotation After CDs.

Usage of CDs mid fight: If Incarnation is going to be off CD within your next Lunar cycle, do not use Starfall for the current Lunar cycle, hold it until 1 cast away from Lunar when Incarnation will be up. When at 1 cast from Lunar, with Incarnation is coming of CD in 1-2 seconds, use Starfall, then Wrath. Enter Lunar, repeat "Start of rotation during CDs". And then "Start of Normal Rotation After CDs".

As a side note: His trinkets are pretty bad, and it would be good if he had T14 4 set. But overall his gear isn't that bad. I'm 4 ilevel (equipped) above him and he has better bracers, weapon/oh, ring, and legs then me. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uxlya/advanced (I have better gear by a long shot, but my point his, he doesn't have god awful gear.)
    Last edited by Souxlya; 2013-03-23 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Minor typing corrections

Deleted
    It would be nice if you could actually provide a log, i found a wipe log on jinrokh but no kill. His problem seem to be his talents, and his rotation. On your 2:25 wipe his sec in dmg was wrath and 5th was starfire, wich seems to be very odd.

I was in similar gear to his when we killed jinrokh this week, maybe show him the link and he can analyze it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...e/?s=735&e=917

Deleted
    Yeah WoL bugged for us and only recorded megaera and ji-kun kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Yeah WoL bugged for us and only recorded megaera and ji-kun kills.
    Still the logs from these fights could provide crucial data and insight to his/her rotation and the way in which they pop their CDs (often the main reason for low dps)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mj40jyfox8cxsu3d/

From Today, his Damage is again very Low.

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mj40jyfox8cxsu3d/

From Today, his Damage is again very Low.
    His dot uptime could be abit better, but he uses his cd's wrong. And his nature's grace uptime is horrendous, almost halve of what mine is during durumu, 40% vs 80%. Wich practically means he stays in eclipse to long.

Tell him to read up or look for a new one. It doesn't seem he knows what hes doing, and the info he needs is everywhere.

From what I can see his opener is wrong, consult the Moonkin Guide.
    He has NV talented atm, which is kinda lame on all but Jin'rokh.
    Cloak gem should be int/crit
    May be possible to shuffle the reforges around to get a better result

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    From what I can see his opener is wrong, consult the Moonkin Guide.
    He has NV talented atm, which is kinda lame on all but Jin'rokh.
    Cloak gem should be int/crit
    May be possible to shuffle the reforges around to get a better result
    Not so sure about NV on jinrokh either. I have much better results without it. It is just really poor talent atm, it relied heavily on stacking cd's.

Deleted
    Oh well...his gear is good, i just dont know anymore.

I told him about the rotations, posted him what people say here, showed him how to use his CD´s properly and stuff but he still isnt doing ANY damage. I guess thats it for him.

Deleted
    Oh well...his gear is good, i just dont know anymore.

I told him about the rotations, posted him what people say here, showed him how to use his CD´s properly and stuff but he still isnt doing ANY damage. I guess thats it for him.
    Be careful with good gear vs good gear, i find someone who takes care of their sec stats alot better performing then someone that just takes whatever he can get. Crit is very important for a boomkin. For example i am also in 509 itemlvl, although i have 3000 more crit then your boomkin. Those numbers make a significant difference in the amount of dps one can push.

Also i see he only has 1 kill on every boss exept for the first. It is very important he gets a feel of all the fights, a boomkin needs to know where to pop cd's and how to move while still maintaining dps. I doubt many players will max dps on their first kill. Just in his defence.

Most was already said above.. he had a lot of gear issues, wrong enchants, under haste breakpoints by a little, was under hit capped. But gameplay issues aswell, wrong use of CDs, horrendous uptime on the dots and nature's grace... etc.

Suggest he should read a bit more info on the class, that's the most you can do honestly.

Other then that, already said aswell, balance is one of the worst class in terms of perfecting dps to each fight, as we're highly dependant on circumstances. Lust\CDs upon entering lunar... just reaching solar for AoE bits for best shroom\hurricane use, renew dots on new eclipse+forced movement, so on so forth. It's one of the hardest classes to play in that regards, as others just follow their rotation and have no concern on the fight mechanics. Makes it more fun for me

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    any sub par boomy would have more knowledge than your guy :/ direct him to the forums and get him to sharpen up
    ps: always other boomkins out there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Most was already said above.. he had a lot of gear issues, wrong enchants, under haste breakpoints by a little, was under hit capped. But gameplay issues aswell, wrong use of CDs, horrendous uptime on the dots and nature's grace... etc.

Suggest he should read a bit more info on the class, that's the most you can do honestly.

Other then that, already said aswell, balance is one of the worst class in terms of perfecting dps to each fight, as we're highly dependant on circumstances. Lust\CDs upon entering lunar... just reaching solar for AoE bits for best shroom\hurricane use, renew dots on new eclipse+forced movement, so on so forth. It's one of the hardest classes to play in that regards, as others just follow their rotation and have no concern on the fight mechanics. Makes it more fun for me
    Indeed, every new fight we do is learning the fight and then learning how to max your dps. We practically get twice the fun

Looking at the posted logs for Primordious he only had Moonkin form active for 30.2% of the time? I may be reading that wrong but...
    He also only had 88.1% Moonkin form uptime on Durumu...

Did he die on the Primordious fight? A little more than 3 min in his DPS flat-lined...

He seems rather prone to standing around.

Did Jinrokh for the first time on my boomkin this week... about 110k DPS, I dont have logs(Forgot >.<) but my gear is no where near as good as his...

I have to agree with every one else here... Look for a new boomkin...

What are your raid times again? ;}
    Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...feroz/advanced
    Druid: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lhorn/advanced
    When going from a druid to a monk... You have to remember what a mount is... and how to use them...
    And, when going back to a Druid from a monk, you relish in the awesomeness that is Swift Flight Form!

Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    Not so sure about NV on jinrokh either. I have much better results without it. It is just really poor talent atm, it relied heavily on stacking cd's.
    From personal experience theres very little between them, just makes me go "yay" when i peak at something stupid like 400k+ on jinrokh :P)