Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Ain't you the guy that walks around these foruns saying how intelligent and genius you are? And then you go and complain that the game is too complex?
    yep this is the same guy always bragging about his superior intellect and how him having no friends allows him to further pursue his intellectual goals. yet 5 button rotations in wow are too much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    In TBC, our GM made all the class leaders talk to raiders about improving dps for Brutallus. Warlock class leader: "Warlocks, class meeting- Shadow Bolt. There's your fucking meeting."
    You can't take one example and apply to every class during that time. Lot of other classes liked their rotations for that period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, for some of my alts I've thought the very same thing. I think I'm just being lazy though.

Nothings changed, just raiders replaced with socials to put it in laymans terms

Also Vin pre add ons say hi

Even if WoW has become more complex, so what? The amount of information and how easy it is to find has also increased. So they go hand in hand...

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    yep this is the same guy always bragging about his superior intellect and how him having no friends allows him to further pursue his intellectual goals. yet 5 button rotations in wow are too much for him.
    5 buttons combined with proc abilities, cool down abilities, burst window abilities, utility abilities, etc. It's just not fun to me. I would actually like to see the content not watch a timer or proc bar.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    5 buttons combined with proc abilities, cool down abilities, burst window abilities, utility abilities, etc. It's just not fun to me. I would actually like to see the content not watch a timer or proc bar.
    Isn't that what LFR is for? Easier raid bosses means you can see the fight more than worry about your abilities?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'd recommend getting power auras and making the notifications large enough that you do not have to focus on them directly and can see them on the side of your screen. If that does not work then this game might simply be something you're not great at.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Even if WoW has become more complex, so what? The amount of information and how easy it is to find has also increased. So they go hand in hand...
    Yay, so I can easily find a page that will teach me how to maximize my dps rotation. Now I get to go down load swing timers, proc watchers, dot timers, and others just to clog up my screen. It's un-fun man that's my argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rotations are not so complex for most classes. In most cases, rotations are getting simpler and more polished for most specs. Talent specs and general class mechanics are always getting simpler since classic.
    On the other hand, raid encounters and the general how-to-play is much more complex than ever for sure.

I doubt pressing 1, then 2, then 3, then 1, then 1, then 2, then 3 is too complicated for the vast majority of people. It takes much less thought and brains to play the current state of the game than it did to play in BC or even Vanilla. And if your a healer it is even more brainless if you use any sort of healing addon (I use Vuhdu and can heal while mostly watching TV).

Deleted
    I kinda agree. Watching for procs, dots, procs from dots, procs from trinkets, abilities that can/can't be cast on move, while trying to spot graphics of boss's abilities among huge amount of spell animations. It did become too complex.

Its a single player game of numbers now instead of MMO adventure.

Therein lies your answer. The best players can do all that, while still having environmental awareness, watching what is going on around them etc. Counting things in their head even, or setting up custom sounds via weakauras or similar to notify them of things rather than watching bars.

However, the 'bad' players have to keep their eyes clued to the bars and therefore die to fire etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think wow has become too simple in certain ways and too complicated in others.
    Absolutely agreed with you.

Ladies....... Get your heads out of your geeky ass, and use the brain in that head for a moment. I hope there is some in there though

The OP does have a very valid point. You just have to stop looking at the game with your eyes. With the eyes of someone who plays it for some time. Then of course, you probably can't see what he is talking about. But, start counting the buttons you got out nowadays. the key binds, the macros. That adds up.
    And now try to see it with the eyes of a complete new player. Not another geek like you and most of us, because the game cannot survive with us. I am talking about the complete "innocent" casual player that knows nothing about the game at all. For them, the handling of the toons has become too complex.

The parts where people say WoW has become too easy, I am one of them who say that, are the parts that don't correspond with the character handling.

Hey!
    Aren't you that guy that hates spring breaks, hates bros, hates "whores", doesn't study but gets ahead in school cause of too much free time?

The guy that harbors disdain for people?

The same guy that starts pointless flamewar threads?

Your first sentence is "I am sure I will get flamed and yelled down."
    If that's the case, why don't you SHUT THE HELL UP?
    Son, you need to learn crochet or something!

Quote Originally Posted by naskien View Post
    Hey!
    Aren't you that guy that hates spring breaks, hates bros, hates "whores", doesn't study but gets ahead in school cause of too much free time?

The guy that harbors disdain for people?

The same guy that starts pointless flamewar threads?

Your first sentence is "I am sure I will get flamed and yelled down."
    If that's the case, why don't you SHUT THE HELL UP?
    Son, you need to learn crochet or something!
    Yes, we can all tell you are contributing so much to the thread.

Yes, we can all tell you are contributing so much to the thread.
    There's really not much TO contribute. You're reasoning for your argument is based on your opinion, no facts or evidence.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There's really not much TO contribute. You're reasoning for your argument is based on your opinion, no facts or evidence.
    Last time I checked opinion along with reasoning is all you need to base a argument. Besides you are lacking evidence against my claims also. All you have is your opinion against mine. So there we are evenly matched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Opinion is reason for discussion. Fact is a tool to validate opinion, and eliminates the reason and need for discussion. If everyone would only be allowed to post a fact, then the forums would turn into an encyclopedia, and not a communication platform.

WoW has become so easy Elitist Jerks died because it's not even necessary anymore.