Page 1 of 13
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767

    Exclamation Wow has become far too complex.

    I am sure I will get flamed and yelled down, but wow has become too complex and that is why it is losing subs. Rotations are the most complicated they have ever been for all classes, there are more utility abilities than ever before, even encounters are are the most complicated they have ever been.

    The beauty of past wow expansions was that they were difficult, but not complicated.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-03-23 at 09:28 PM.

  2. #2
    Opinions with no facts or evidence make for a great trollbait thread.

  3. #3
    Yeah, it was so difficult as a warlock in TBC spamming shadow bolt.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  4. #4
    Is it really? And if it is, there has never been any more easy resource to find to play at a decent level.

    www.noxxic.com has simple-to-read guides on every class and spec. There are many other sites like it.

  5. #5
    On the flip side of the coin, there's far too much information available to people who just simply choose to turn a blind eye to it.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

  6. #6
    I... what? Nothing about these rotations are complicated, maybe to younger players or gamers with less experience/coordination they can be a challenge but I know a 14 year old girl who plays resto/balance fairly well. Out of the many specs only a few are complicated (at least in my view)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    I would not say this game is very complex, but that comes from someone who have been gaming for a good bit over a decade so my opinion is probably a bit off here.

  8. #8
    I miss the old days 30 second heals ticks 1 min curses 30 sec dots 1 min sunders 5 min fires now its all 4 second debuffs spamming left and right timers all over the screen diminishing debuffs and so on for 1 mob. Wow turned out to be World Of Headache

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah, it was so difficult as a warlock in TBC spamming shadow bolt.
    Not as easy as it sounds, my finger got very tired.

  10. #10
    Must admit I became bored with WoW around the time someone decided more complicated rotations were required.

    Don't get me wrong, the rotations aren't exactly hard to master but at some point the fun died and I think that was part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion Hazzikostas
    LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.
    So Hardcore elitest raiders trying to get LFR removed are in fact essentially trying to kill off their own content!

  11. #11
    I agree somewhat, i would like to see a middle ground between vanila and tbc not the total dross we have now.
    I dont want 10 keybinds and crazy rotation with procs, but i dont wanna spam frostbolt or holy light only either.
    At the same time i want to manage the mana, wand a bit if i have to ..and manage threat
    My lines are so potent that in this segment i made all of the ladies in the first 3 comments pregnant!

  12. #12
    Ain't you the guy that walks around these foruns saying how intelligent and genius you are? And then you go and complain that the game is too complex?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I am sure I will get flamed and yelled down, but wow has become to complex and that is why it is losing subs. Rotations are the most complicated they have ever been for all classes, there are more utility abilities than ever before, even encounters are are the most complicated they have ever been.

    The beauty of past wow expansions was that they were difficult, but not complicated.
    I'm assuming you didn't play WoTLK or Cata?

  14. #14
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    I miss the old days 30 second heals ticks 1 min curses 30 sec dots 1 min sunders 5 min fires now its all 4 second debuffs spamming left and right timers all over the screen diminishing debuffs and so on for 1 mob. Wow turned out to be World Of Headache
    Exactly, I can't even look up anymore. It's all about spam spam spam.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I am sure I will get flamed and yelled down, but wow has become to complex and that is why it is losing subs. Rotations are the most complicated they have ever been for all classes, there are more utility abilities than ever before, even encounters are are the most complicated they have ever been.

    The beauty of past wow expansions was that they were difficult, but not complicated.
    Difficult rotations are why the game is bleeding subs? I disagree.

    Dead realms resulting in poor economy and aspects of the game being unavailable due to no other players to play with.
    Too long between content resulting in stale play and boredom for those players that require new and engaging content on a shorter time frame.
    Extremely poor PvP balance every single season/patch/expansion
    The age of the game resulting in many of the original player base just growing up - having a family can stop people playing entirely as they go from early 20s into their 30s
    High quality free to play games offering just as good game play as wow does.

    These are just some of the main reasons I would argue wow would struggle to keep players, and even with all this they still have a very healthy player base as the largest MMO.

  16. #16
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by lmc View Post
    I'm assuming you didn't play WoTLK or Cata?
    I have played vanilla and every expansion.

  17. #17
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    74
    Sandmoth do you click? I personally cannot see a reason to have to look down to execute a rotation. All my keybinds are done through muscle memory...
    That one retired mage.
    http://dotabuff.com/players/75546158 Main DotA account
    http://dotabuff.com/players/135984949 Secondary DotA account

  18. #18
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,162
    You'll find a dozen threads on this forum alone saying WoW has become too simple.


    Funny, isn't it?
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  19. #19
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by fhenrer View Post
    Sandmoth do you click? I personally cannot see a reason to have to look down to execute a rotation. All my keybinds are done through muscle memory...
    All my stuff is bound. It's just a tiring exercise constantly watching, timers, lit up abilities, and cool downs rather than the actual content.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 02:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You'll find a dozen threads on this forum alone saying WoW has become too simple.


    Funny, isn't it?
    I think wow has become too simple in certain ways and too complicated in others.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah, it was so difficult as a warlock in TBC spamming shadow bolt.
    In TBC, our GM made all the class leaders talk to raiders about improving dps for Brutallus. Warlock class leader: "Warlocks, class meeting- Shadow Bolt. There's your fucking meeting."
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •