Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Rotations are the most complicated they have ever been for all classes.
    This made me laugh. Hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, so I can easily find a page that will teach me how to maximize my dps rotation. Now I get to go down load swing timers, proc watchers, dot timers, and others just to clog up my screen. It's un-fun man that's my argument.
    Right, but its a part of the game. This may be your "argument" but what exactly are you arguing against? Are you looking for like minded people so you can all sit around and go "Yeah man, I completely agree with the way you see this topic!" or are you just biding your time until you hopefully move on and find another game to play?

We understand that it's your opinion, but since when has an opinion merited an entire thread? I'm sorry, I'm truly trying to be productive and respectful here but I'm failing miserably at grasping your point here.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 04:57 PM ----------

Last time I checked opinion along with reasoning is all you need to base a argument. Besides you are lacking evidence against my claims also. All you have is your opinion against mine. So there we are evenly matched.
    Also, come on man. Semantics? You're better than that, right?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny how you (OP) say rotation are harder than before,have you played kitty druid before mop? there were many other specs too that had insane rotations compare to now,clicking maybe 5 buttons in good time is not realy hard,and complaining about watching your cd and timers? well,thats what this game is about since start...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Right, but its a part of the game. This may be your "argument" but what exactly are you arguing against? Are you looking for like minded people so you can all sit around and go "Yeah man, I completely agree with the way you see this topic!" or are you just biding your time until you hopefully move on and find another game to play?

We understand that it's your opinion, but since when has an opinion merited an entire thread? I'm sorry, I'm truly trying to be productive and respectful here but I'm failing miserably at grasping your point here.

Since always lol. I refuse to argue with you.

You can't take one example and apply to every class during that time. Lot of other classes liked their rotations for that period.
    I think from late vanilla through BC, the cat rotation was considered the most complex. Most specs today have rotations that are similar.

I think we are talking about two different things though.. I think the devs have done a good job of keeping it simple for bad players. basically every spec can spam 3-4 keys and get to 80% dps... but there is definitely a huge separation to get to 100%, and that involves cds and keeping dots up perfectly. It is a good system. Easy to use, hard to master.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    High quality free to play games offering just as good game play as wow does.
    Oh if only this were true. I've tried practically all of them and "high quality" just doesn't even exist in that realm.

Anyways WoW rotations aren't that complex at all. Variable timings and sequences on like 6-9 buttons for damage, add on another 3-6 for unique utility abilities. C'mon now. That's really complex?

Deleted
    Last time I checked opinion along with reasoning is all you need to base a argument. Besides you are lacking evidence against my claims also. All you have is your opinion against mine. So there we are evenly matched.
    Want facts?

Feral dps, all Warlock specs, Survival/BM Hunter, Shadowpriest all have simpler rotations than they did in Cataclysm. I do not play any other class, so I wouldn't know about the rest.
    Tanking has become extremely easier than what it was in Classic/TBC due to changes in threat-generation
    Healing has become extremely easier than what it was in previous expansions due to healing addons

The game itself has become extremely easier in several other respects (most reagents scrapped, no need for ammo, no weapon specialization, no resistance gear, 000s of flight paths, flying mounts, heirlooms, no attunement, easy-to-acquire gold, LFG/LFR, etc).

Where are your facts?

Which class rotation has become harder than it was in Cataclysm?
    Which healer can honestly say he has a harder time healing in practice than he had in TBC?
    Which tank can honestly say he has a harder time tanking in practice than he had in Classic?
    Which player can honestly say it is currently harder to go around and play the game?

That's how you conduct a conversation. Not with baseless self-professed 'opinions'.

Why do I see a thread about wow being too complex and a thread about wow being too simple at the same time ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Not as easy as it sounds, my finger got very tired.
    I loved that demo destro build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Why do I see a thread about wow being too complex and a thread about wow being too simple at the same time ?
    The simplicity is mentioned here too, and doesn't apply to what the op actually meant with too complex.

Quote Originally Posted by FiL134 View Post
    Want facts?

Feral dps, all Warlock specs, Survival/BM Hunter, Shadowpriest all have simpler rotations than they did in Cataclysm. I do not play any other class, so I wouldn't know about the rest.
    Tanking has become extremely easier than what it was in Classic/TBC due to changes in threat-generation
    Healing has become extremely easier than what it was in previous expansions due to healing addons

The game itself has become extremely easier in several other respects (most reagents scrapped, no need for ammo, no weapon specialization, no resistance gear, 000s of flight paths, flying mounts, heirlooms, no attunement, easy-to-acquire gold, LFG/LFR, etc).

Where are your facts?

Which class rotation has become harder than it was in Cataclysm?
    Which healer can honestly say he has a harder time healing in practice than he had in TBC?
    Which tank can honestly say he has a harder time tanking in practice than he had in Classic?
    Which player can honestly say it is currently harder to go around and play the game?

That's how you conduct a conversation. Not with baseless self-professed 'opinions'.
    Everything you just posted is opinion also. You are stating things are easier simply based on your opinion. You are providing no more facts than I am. This is not an thread about facts. It is a thread about game feel and never ending spam abilities, short debuff timers, and proc abilities. You simply can't watch the content anymore.

Deleted
    Hmmm yeah I click, never used dBm or any of those "helper" add-ons. But seriously you don't need them: rotations aren't hard....you say you spend all your time looking for procs and shizzle, and never the environs. Erm... just use your periphery vision for all the proc/debuff stuff, it's what your eyes are for, and are really quite good at it. Wow isn't hard. Finding similarly enthusiastic people who give a shit about commiting to a common goal is the only difficult thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try and address the topic and write less about about one another's perceived skill levels. Don't be insulting.

That said, priority systems are undoubtedly more 'complex' (in a way) than strict rotations used to be which occasionally could be dumped into a macro. But I don't believe that the game is overly complicated in that respect. If you've got too much stuff to watch, you might be watching things that you don't really need to.

If you have more than a couple of dozen keybinds that you are using regularly, that's actually pretty complex. I don't know how true that is any longer. For spriests, MoP is somewhat simpler than previous expansions which some like and many don't. It's all a matter of opinion after all.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-23 at 10:28 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I stopped playing simply because I didn't "feel it" anymore, not that it was too hard.

There is nothing complicated or hard about WoW anymore. All it is, is very time consuming to get far.

Nah the gameplay of classes isn't too complex. It takes a while to get used to a new class, but then it's quite fun to play it because you have just the right amount of options and rotational complexity (not too simple, not too hard). So you can concentrate more on what's really important - the fight mechanics.
    Some classes have too many buttons that do almost the same though - Hunters for example.

What's complex is the size of the game, the many things to do, and many things to know. Can be very intimidating for new players.

The game is really complex in the sense that it has so many systems incorporated and so many alternatives to alternatives themselves. But the beauty of the game is that none of those systems are overly complex, meaning that if you manage to get a grasp of how these systems interact with one another, you'll have an easy time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post

Hi there! You must be new to these forums.

I feel that WoW is easier than ever before! Now, with rotations, which now are more like "priority rotations", are fairly simple. If you could specify which class/specs in particular.
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FiL134 View Post

None of these are based on difficulty. These are time consumption mechanics. All that's been done is stupid stuff has been made convenient. It was never difficult to get or maintain ammo. There was never any strategy to it for any sort of skill to have been removed from the game.

Heirlooms didn't make anything easier because leveling has always been incredibly easy (yes even in Vanilla). Does it make it faster? Sure. It's much more convenient to get to the content that people actually give a shit to pay for now. This is not a bad thing at all, as very very VERYfew people find any enjoyment in leveling, and afterall this is a video game, people want to have fun.

Similar "facts" can be said of basically everything else you listed.

Also disagreed on Hunter rotations being more complex in Cata. I've mained Hunter at a world top 100 progression level in both Cataclysm and MoP and they're honestly just about the same level of complexity at a top level. If anything I'd argue that getting the most out of MoPs cooldown management oriented Hunter playstyle is harder than any 'DoT finesse' previously required in Cata.