Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Why do I see a thread about wow being too complex and a thread about wow being too simple at the same time ?
    Because fuck logic... Thats why.
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FiL134 View Post
    Which healer can honestly say he has a harder time healing in practice than he had in TBC?
    Can't speak for anyone else buy my Resto Shaman (my main spec that raided sunwell in TBC) but she would like to say hi!

I was healing with add-ons then in almost exactly the same way.

Except then I used 1 healing spell (maybe 2) now I use 5-6 healing spells and 2-4 cooldowns.

Sorry you really do not have a clue what you are talking about.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-03-23 at 10:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Everything you just posted is opinion also. You are stating things are easier simply based on your opinion. You are providing no more facts than I am. This is not an thread about facts. It is a thread about game feel and never ending spam abilities, short debuff timers, and proc abilities. You simply can't watch the content anymore.
    No, its not an opinion.

For instance, the rotation of feral dps IS easier now than it was in Cataclysm. This is an objective conclusion.

You can't get away with your so-called "view" (it isnt a 'view' properly so called at all, since it aint based on anything) by labelling objective facts as others' 'opinions'. I m sorry, you have to face the facts.

Well, I agree to a certain extend, but it all comes down to what class you play. For example, Feral Druid DPS in Cata was just insanely complicated and not as rewarding as it should be, where as Fury Warrior has always been pretty easy, and still is. The moment I begin to think it becomes a little too complicated is when you get additional resources, like Balance Druids having the Sun/Moon meter. Things can also get too simple, as people have pointed out during Vanilla ranged DPS often just spammed one attack, it's very common to see Frostbolts everywhere in Vanilla raid videos (until AQ40 where Fireball replaced Frostbolt). Overall I don't think that it's too much of a problem, and boss encounter-wise it benefits raiding a lot, it sure is more fun actually having to do stuff other than walk out of the fire Molten Core-style.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else buy my Resto Shaman (my main spec that raided sunwell in TBC) but she would like to say hi!

I was healing with add-ons then in almost exactly way.

Except then I used 1 healing spell (maybe 2) now I use 5-6 healing spells and 2-4 cooldowns.

Sorry you really do not have a clue what you are talking about.
    yay for BT Chain-heal-spam!

Yet Another Sandmoth Thread.jpeg

Seriously, he opens one every second day. I don't mean this as hyperbole; look at his threads started. He's started 243 damn threads. And they're all as vacuous as this one.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I'd rather have the old feral pvp back. No CC other than roots, just mobility and shifting and damage. Every single spec doesn't have to have one of each type of ability. Healing for DKs, rogues and warriors? To hell with that new crap.

5 buttons combined with proc abilities, cool down abilities, burst window abilities, utility abilities, etc. It's just not fun to me. I would actually like to see the content not watch a timer or proc bar.
    I'll concede that lots of classes have fairly complex rotations now, but by the time where you reach the point at which it actually matters if you preform your rotation optimally or not, you (unless you're rerolling or something, and are dropped instantly right into demanding content) will have learned how to take care of your spell priorities without needing to actually pay attention to or think about it. If you have trouble doing this, then you're probably playing at the wrong level for you.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

5 buttons combined with proc abilities, cool down abilities, burst window abilities, utility abilities, etc. It's just not fun to me. I would actually like to see the content not watch a timer or proc bar.
    You're naming things to make your list look bigger. Seriously. Utility abilities? CD's and Procs have always been around. And if you aren't "Seeing the content" because you're watching a timer, then you've never seen content. Stop using hyperbole.

I will agree. I remember only using really 1 action bar for important stuff that i needed. now im up to 3 action bars. More than half the abilities we dont even need. So I will agree with you on that. And the only reason why WoW is losing subs is because its in the middle of an expansion now, people grow old of the same stuff all the time and take breaks, etc.

Everything you just posted is opinion also. You are stating things are easier simply based on your opinion. You are providing no more facts than I am. This is not an thread about facts. It is a thread about game feel and never ending spam abilities, short debuff timers, and proc abilities. You simply can't watch the content anymore.
    No, it's the truth. Except it's convenient for you to say it's "opinion". Look at Wrath feral vs MoP feral. And*demonology is total faceroll compared to wrath. Same with afflic and destro. I've seen the content more now than ever. You just want to find a reason that isn't there.

Deleted
    The beauty of past wow expansions was that they were difficult, but not complicated.
    I think that this is true. Think of it like Pong. First it was just you, your opponent and the ball, now think of it that they added additional factors every few years, "powerups" that would speed up/slow down the ball, make your bumper wider/your opponents bumper smaller. Sure this would make the game alittle more interesting but this would also add complexity, the complexity would stack up with the years and shift the game from the clean and simple mechanics that anyone could pickup in matter of seconds to something else.

Back in WotLK I used to roll a Hunter, as a endgame marksman Hunter my rotation consisted of 3 abilities, steady shot, aimed shot and chimera shot. Yet this was the expansion I enjoyed the most, today I got hundreds of balls in the air no matter what class I play (unless I play arcane Mage of course). This is actually what I miss, worrying more about the next wave of adds during a boss encounter than execututing a rotation perfectly...

Well its just me, keep the discussion up guys

You can't take one example and apply to every class during that time. Lot of other classes liked their rotations for that period.
    I played enh shaman and if I recall correctly my rotation consisted of mostly ... earth shock and stormstrike. Yay! Then wotlk hit and I didn't understand how the fuck the spec played out. Anyway

No, I don't think the abilites themselves are too complicated. I'll give you that cata sub rogue wasn't for anyone (certainly not me, I played rogue and assa was my love <3). On the other hand, I feel the boss mechanics might've gotten out of hand, as there's a shitton to look out for now - I think. Haven''t done any real MoP raiding, but I was fairly active in Cata and there's much stuff going on, but you do adapt after a while, so really, not really a big problem.

Deleted
    I kinda agree with you, In cata I played an Ele shaman, which had a dead easy rotation, and it was great fun. Having an easy rotation means you can concentrate on what is happening around you, I find that when playing a more complex class I feel like I missed the whole fight whilst getting my rotation right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    yep this is the same guy always bragging about his superior intellect and how him having no friends allows him to further pursue his intellectual goals. yet 5 button rotations in wow are too much for him.
    It likely has something to do with his cold-heartedness and because his parents were losers. (to highlight some of his more "popular" threads)

Just a guess.

LFR awaits such a person of your skill level OP.

dungeon fights are a bit more complex now days. i don't even do dungeons anymore because every boss is just a gigantic clusterfuck of things going on constantly, and i really hate it. they're also trying to bring that out into the world, and make dailies tougher, so they're pretty much driving me away from the game entirely.

We have threads saying the games to easy, its been dumbed down, it's too hard, it's too complex, it's for the lazy etc etc. I can't keep up, I mean really, which one is it! lol.

Personally I don't think it's became too complex, I do think there are alot of spells in my spellbook that are very situational, and tend to not get used in day to day playing of the game, but it's been over 8 years, alot more stuffs is gonna make things look overstuffed a tad.

If anything I think the games been streamlined alot more, barring the amount of spells we have. I don't think it's overly complex, nor is it dumbed down, I think it's in a decent place right now, and just needs a little fine tuning here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree on the utility abilities. Every dps class has a way of healing themselves, and has an infinite amount of gap closers, speed increasers and CCs. But I wouldn't say rotations have become complex or anything alike. Most of them are quite straight forward actually :/

Rotations have more or less died out, in the last couple of expanisons and most classes run with a so-called "priority-list" these days. I can't imagine it being too damn complex to quickly go through available abilities and press the one that is highest on said list.

I also raided on a hunter in Vanilla raids... It was really rewarding gameplay and felt very engaging.