Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lets simplify. close the thread
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    too many actions per minute. just raping your poor keyboard for 5-10 minutes straight
    ^This guy understands what I was trying to say. Wow has moved from much slower paced rotations in vanilla and TBC to never ending spam fests in WOTLK and beyond. There is zero dead time to stop and think or look at the environment it's just spam spam spam, and constantly watching timers, cool downs, and procs.

There needs to be a medium place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Medium pace is boring imo. If I'm not watching something constantly, I get bored. It's like being a healer. And yes, I've healed raids before, including Horridon pre-nerf. It's awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just my skill, but I find most rotations to be extremely easy. In fact, on my hunter I end up just looking around to see if other people are avoiding stuff and call out for them to move. This is a hunter too, which Blizzard has stated on many occasions that hunters have too many buttons to press. I don't think rotations are too complex, I think you just need more practice.

As for the spamming thing, whenever I sit there waiting for energy or runes or w/e to regen I get bored. Also, you can look at the environment when the fight isn't in progress. It'd be pretty stupid if you're fighting a giant fucking dragon and you're looking at the flowers on the wall.

so your saying classes are complex and i randomly went on my rogue and tried the rotation once you get slice and dice up its a 3 button rotation (kinda 3 if you include dispatch proc at the 100%-35% range and once you get to 35% it is a 3 button rotation... SO COMPLEX, but ya my spirest has gotten more complex with the damn insanity thing so i have to change my rotation whenever i have DP on the target which is kind of annoying now (and that damn 2 set can go kill itself, i start to refresh my dots and a shadowy apparation hits the boss!!! oh look you just wasted a tick of your dot... fu blizzard...fu .

MoP was a step back towards easier rotations. Cata had the most "difficuly" rotations OVERALL.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Medium pace is boring imo. If I'm not watching something constantly, I get bored. It's like being a healer. And yes, I've healed raids before, including Horridon pre-nerf. It's awful.
    So you are on the far end of one spectrum, and prefer lighting fast paced rotations. I am actually the opposite because I enjoy very slow paced rotations. Basically we are both special cases, but most people will gravitate towards a middle ground.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-03-24 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look you know what was complex in WoW... Shamans in PvP in Vanilla, that was the most complex encounter you could face. Try beating a Shaman in Vanilla WoW and you have beaten the Lich King 5 times over from WoTLK.

EDIT: Honestly, I felt like WoW was actually kind of dumbed down in Cataclysm. Granted I can't have an opinion on MoP because I just resubbed and am currently level 86 but WoW did sort of feel dumber for the past few years minus Ragnaros and Lich King (Ulduar too) but that's all I can really think of considering all I did was PvE for the most part.
    Hey everyone

Honestly, after playing cata and MoP ( quit part way through WotLK ). I was a decently hardcore raider, maining a rogue in BC, cleared through everything except the last few of SW, and a ret pally up until near the end of ulduar... I'm glad the simple rotation are gone, I'm glad some stuff takes a brain to play. I can't even bring myself to play a rogue anymore because they have hardly changed and their rotation is just so damn boring and simple that I could barely make it through a full raid night without just stopping. I enjoy complex rotations, healing, and tanking far more. The more complex, the better IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    Honestly, after playing cata and MoP ( quit part way through WotLK ). I was a decently hardcore raider, maining a rogue in BC, cleared through everything except the last few of SW, and a ret pally up until near the end of ulduar... I'm glad the simple rotation are gone, I'm glad some stuff takes a brain to play. I can't even bring myself to play a rogue anymore because they have hardly changed and their rotation is just so damn boring and simple that I could barely make it through a full raid night without just stopping. I enjoy complex rotations, healing, and tanking far more. The more complex, the better IMO
    I've mained a rogue since I started playing WoW (early Vanilla) and might I say for the past 4+ years I think or so, the rotation really hasn't changed much at all.
    Hey everyone

On the contrary , they recognized that rotations had became too complex and remedied most of complexity in mists, the warlocks got a complete overhaul and even though they are a bit complex but are a mere shade of complexity they were in cata. Same with sub and enhance(one of the toughest melee dps spec to play) complexity of rotation was reduced, only hunters have been an exception and gained a bit of complexity from the new talents they received in cata.
    The subscriber drop in cata was due to lack of content, the reason why ppl had nothing do even after having 4-5 max level alts when it came to pve(sorry no idea about pvp, never been a pvper).

On the contrary , they recognized that rotations had became too complex and remedied most of complexity in mists, the warlocks got a complete overhaul and even though they are a bit complex but are a mere shade of complexity they were in cata. Same with sub and enhance(one of the toughest melee dps spec to play) complexity of rotation was reduced, only hunters have been an exception and gained a bit of complexity from the new talents they received in cata.
    The subscriber drop in cata was due to lack of content, the reason why ppl had nothing do even after having 4-5 max level alts when it came to pve(sorry no idea about pvp, never been a pvper).

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    ^This guy understands what I was trying to say. Wow has moved from much slower paced rotations in vanilla and TBC to never ending spam fests in WOTLK and beyond. There is zero dead time to stop and think or look at the environment it's just spam spam spam, and constantly watching timers, cool downs, and procs.

Well then probably you are playing wrong spec/class, there are specs with resource downtimes,switch to them and you might see your enjoyment of game improve (pro tip , none of those specs are ranged dps )
    Specs with downtime , starting with highest to lowest
    1)Assasination rogue
    2)Feral druid
    3)Retribution paladin
    4)Enhancement shaman.

If anything, classes are far simpler than they ever have been.

And is complexity a bad thing? I remember watching videos of raids from TBC before I started playing WoW and I thought, "Holy shit. This game looks complicated!" And then I played anyway and it felt super rewarding to actually KNOW what all of those buttons and numbers and icons meant.

Complexity is always going to be a wall that hits most new players to MMOs or WoW. That has always been the case. This isn't something "new" to MoP. If someone starts playing WoW or any MMO and finds it too complicated, then MMORPs are probably NOT the type of game they should be playing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Maybe it's just my skill, but I find most rotations to be extremely easy. In fact, on my hunter I end up just looking around to see if other people are avoiding stuff and call out for them to move. This is a hunter too, which Blizzard has stated on many occasions that hunters have too many buttons to press. I don't think rotations are too complex, I think you just need more practice.

As for the spamming thing, whenever I sit there waiting for energy or runes or w/e to regen I get bored. Also, you can look at the environment when the fight isn't in progress. It'd be pretty stupid if you're fighting a giant fucking dragon and you're looking at the flowers on the wall.
    Hunters having to many buttons is mostly a pvp thing in pve they don't use very many.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

I agree with the OP in two points:

-There's too much shit going on on my screen that's not my character and a boss getting beaten up by my character. Hard to appreciate great environment and monster design like that.

-Some classes are still nearly GCD locked. Pushing a button doesn't feel awesome, but failing to push one feels punishing. Rogues are the worst offenders here.

the game isn't complicated enough.

there needs to be challenging group content again. challenge modes are not the answer, and "heroic scenarios" will be just as easy as heroic dungeons.

until I see challenging 5man content again, I'm sticking with GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    There is time to watch environment when you get used to the rotation.

You want a medium pace? Go do some dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Maybe it's just my skill
    It's either that, or your modesty. Probably both!

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Hunters having to many buttons is mostly a pvp thing in pve they don't use very many.
    Bad hunters are all over.