Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Some Elemental questions

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cious/advanced

    Have i reached the point where EOTE is superiour to EM? My overall DPS seems low. Acording to Simcraft, Crit is the most usefull, should i reforge most my gear to crit then?

    I got booted from a Megaera Pug because my DPS was 82k-87k
    Last edited by Dotmore; 2013-03-20 at 12:43 AM.

  2. #2
    Ok so i simmed your toon and the stat weights i got was 4 intellect 1.5 mastery 1.44 crit and 1 on haste, so i think reforging a little bit out of haste should bring them a bit closer to each other which is a good thing. Other then that i would recommend gemming for intellect unless the socket bonus is intellect. Also about the kick on the pug group your theoretical max dps is 104k dps so you were not that far off. To finish this off the only way i can tell you on how to increase your dps is gem more intellect and after that sim your character with your new secondary stats because you will be losing a lot of them which will result in new stat weights.

  3. #3
    Where can I get the sim craft that you are using?

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthari View Post
    Ok so i simmed your toon and the stat weights i got was 4 intellect 1.5 mastery 1.44 crit and 1 on haste, so i think reforging a little bit out of haste should bring them a bit closer to each other which is a good thing. Other then that i would recommend gemming for intellect unless the socket bonus is intellect. Also about the kick on the pug group your theoretical max dps is 104k dps so you were not that far off. To finish this off the only way i can tell you on how to increase your dps is gem more intellect and after that sim your character with your new secondary stats because you will be losing a lot of them which will result in new stat weights.
    Thanks alot, i will do that.

    Reforge some Haste to Crit, and Gem more Intellect. But will Gemming Intellect really benefit my DPS more then a 160 Secondary stat + Socket bonus?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Thanks alot, i will do that.

    Reforge some Haste to Crit, and Gem more Intellect. But will Gemming Intellect really benefit my DPS more then a 160 Secondary stat + Socket bonus?

    That's what the stat weights Velthari mentioned mean. For your current gear, int is 4 times stronger than haste, so as long as you replace less than 4 times the amount of haste by int, you're good (e.g. in your chest piece).
    The value of secondaries change depending on how much of each you have, though. So if you start reforging/gemming out of haste, it will likely become stronger. That's why you should always sim those stat weights for yourself - there's no general rule of haste > mastery > crit or whatever.

  7. #7
    Question for you simcraft users, I use to like to run simcraft while eating my lunch but my office updated their webblocking software and i cant access the armory or Chardev. Rawr is able to access the armory for some reason and download data but isnt getting my trinkets and does not have them in its database for me to add them manually. So my question is do any of you know a way i could still run simcraft on my lunch break or am i stuck running it at home?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthari View Post
    Ok so i simmed your toon and the stat weights i got was 4 intellect 1.5 mastery 1.44 crit and 1 on haste, so i think reforging a little bit out of haste should bring them a bit closer to each other which is a good thing. Other then that i would recommend gemming for intellect unless the socket bonus is intellect. Also about the kick on the pug group your theoretical max dps is 104k dps so you were not that far off. To finish this off the only way i can tell you on how to increase your dps is gem more intellect and after that sim your character with your new secondary stats because you will be losing a lot of them which will result in new stat weights.
    How did you Simcraft me?

    I ran it myself and i got different stat weights:

    Int 3.82
    SP 3.13
    Hit 3.26
    Crit 1.43
    Haste 1.17
    Mastery 1.39

    I used :

    Iterations : 25000
    Fight Style: Patchwerk
    Length 450 Sec.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Dotmore; 2013-03-21 at 12:52 PM.

  9. #9
    Do you need to select Analyze Spirit? Or is Hit good enough"?

  10. #10
    I only analyze int crit haste mastery.

    Soon enough you'll be over hit capped even if you reforge everything away from spirit/hit.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chango99 View Post
    I only analyze int crit haste mastery.

    Soon enough you'll be over hit capped even if you reforge everything away from spirit/hit.
    thats the reason i aim at rings/neck/back & mail without any spirit, even if it has crit its better than hit over the cap, and crit is actually quite good now.

  12. #12
    So in order to ''play'' with Simcraft, i import my char, then change (for example) the gems on a item and then sim it? Is there a way to speed the process up, as it takes me about 5-10 minutes to do one Sim.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    So in order to ''play'' with Simcraft, i import my char, then change (for example) the gems on a item and then sim it? Is there a way to speed the process up, as it takes me about 5-10 minutes to do one Sim.
    I think you can change your char on MR.robot and export it as a text file you can copy paste to the simulate tab.

    If it takes too much time, don't always sim everything (check options). if it's only to see if changing gems is dps upgrade, don't scale every stat and also don't make reforge plots.

    Another thing that may help is the number of threads, the number of threads should equal the number of cores your CPU has.
    If you run a dual quad core, put it on 8 eg. (so all cores of your CPU get used).

    You can also just do fewer iterations if all above didnt help (but won't be as accurate).

  14. #14
    I've only got a Dual core processor. I select Analyze Intel,Spirit,Hit,Crit,Haste,Mastery which seem to take along time to process

  15. #15
    If Crit is ahead of haste/mastery on Simcraft, is it okay to gem Crit+Intel on Yellow sockets? (Instead of Mastery/Haste + Intel )

  16. #16
    So.. We are 2 weeks further then my OP, and i Simmed myself tonight again, and to my surprise, my DPS got lowered to 93k, down from the 104k that Velthari mentioned.. What am i doing wrong? Why did my DPS got lowered on Simcraft? I Got upgrades on gear, not downgrades..

    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Shamlicious/advanced

    Can anyone please help out?

  17. #17
    Your main issue is the fact that you are reforging into crit. Even tho simcraft gives crit a higher then normal rating its often times a dps loss due to lava burst. Further more With PE Crits rating is much further down since you do not have access to EB. I would tell you to go EB with EOE with a primary mastery build due to the fact that its a lot more even burst and helps a lot in most of the fights in TOT. I know I have not done much but here is my character. us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightninghoof/Butterfaces/simple

  18. #18
    Crit isn't a bad stat though, and as soon as you add one more target crit becomes your best stat. Even beyond that, AS/PE is a perfectly fine build.

  19. #19
    Yeah, but even if i reforge everything like i had 2 weeks ago, my DPS is still 10k lower.


    Putting Haste > Mastery > Crit in Reforge Lite gives me 103k DPS. Still lower then what it was.
    Last edited by Dotmore; 2013-04-05 at 08:35 AM.

  20. #20
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Yeah, but even if i reforge everything like i had 2 weeks ago, my DPS is still 10k lower.


    Putting Haste > Mastery > Crit in Reforge Lite gives me 103k DPS. Still lower then what it was.
    Dont worry about the actual DPS number simcraft generates, just try and use it for stat weights.

    Im going to put it out there although I will probably get shot down for saying it, but I dont have a lot of faith in simcraft at the moment. I simmed myself with PE on a patchwerk fight and it said i should do 113k DPS, I then did 119k DPS on Durumu.....go figure

    Sepha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •