How far do you zoom out your camera in wow?

I don't like to zoom it out at max because I like to see my character when fighting against enemy's,
    but it bothers me a lot because I cannot see much as everything is covering up my screen.
    I was wondering do you zoom out at max distance? (New to mmo champion )

Welcome to MMO-Champion!

i have my characters feet about 6-8cm from my top action bar if that makes sense haha

All the way out. Melee has to constantly watch where they stand, chase targets, and dodge the 5.2 linear fire.

Id say it depends on what i do. If i play on my laptop i zoom out max and if i play on my 50 inch pana ill zoom in.

Also if i fly i like to zoom out max to enjoy the wiev. I always zoom in max when im fisging etc..

Mine's at max distance 100% of the time after doing the cameramaxdistancefactor thing. As a tank I do not feel comfortable unless I can have my eyes on the entire room and raid.

Though while I'm questing I do like to play in first person sometimes for immersion. I just wish they implemented some kind of head bob when your character attacks/casts like EverQuest used to while you were in first person.

England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    all the way out to maximum (ranged player)

as far away as I can so I can see as much as possible of what's going on in the room/area.

I zoom out as much as I can pretty much.

pretty far, but not too far out so i don't miss the small things

i like to be able to see stuff
    http://www.heroicstrike.org/ - Goodnight, sweet prince

Melee isn't awful for Challenge Modes; you are. Melee players are a liability for the windows of time in which a tank keeps an enemy mob faced towards them, resulting in an exorbitant loss of damage or death. Melee players are a liability for people who keep rooting mobs next to them. Melee are a liability to a healer that cannot heal.

When I'm just questing or plowing random battlegrounds I have it at about 50%, when I raid I go between 80-100%.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

(ranged player) I'm an hunter and I feel as if it is very important to see my character close by when fighting.

max distance, heroic raiding ele shaman, i hate things like iron qon tornados where it auto zooms you in the first time, and i have to be spamming zoom out again.

Is there anyway to know what percent you are zoomed out? So I can go back to the distance i was zoomed in and dont lose track

Shadow priest max zoom always, feels like u got so mutch better control of whats happening, and encounters where u cant move with the camera at max distance falls behind those who you can for me personally.

Shadow priest: Not as far out as I probably should but out a ways. When stuff gets too small it's hard for me to see what's really going on around the boss. So it's a little of everything. I've tried zooming all the way out but I can't get comfortable with it and environmental stuff gets in the way often and blocks the view.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekayrouz View Post
    I don't like to zoom it out at max because I like to see my character when fighting against enemy's,
    Pretty much this.

about halfway the camera can go so that I can still monitor my invironment, while still managing to strafe correctly/get behind my enemy.