Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Broxigar. Legendary Orc yet very few have heard of him.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Molst heroic death, Broxigar. Most tragic death, Alexandros "Ashbringer" Mograine. I'm surprised no one remembers him, and his death would have been the most heroic one if it did not involve his own son's betrayal.

Easily Broxigar, wounding sargares? Making a mountain out of demon corpses? Yea, lets see arthas do that.

For me, it's a tie between Arthas, Broxxigar and Grom Hellscream.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

kingslayer Orkus. first time meeting him he is a quintessential elite douche thats turns out to be nothing but a dungeon running nitwit. but over the course of the quests you do with him he proves to be courageous and even goes up against Ivar Bloodfang and Vanndar Stormpike, but dies trying to make sure you get away with the plans they have to attack Terren mill, and ultimately aids in the hordes victory in Hillsbrad.

Deleted
    Zuni, no contest!

Putress, his skills could have been used for better benefactors than demons.

Everyone else was just a dumb oaf.

ARTHAS by faaaar.

I wanted to kick his ass for so long as I SLOW leveled to 80... Then when he died, I felt sorry for him.
    Just .... badass.

I still remember yelling when he one shot us, thinking we wiped.
    Then happy he died by Ashbringer instead of a huntard bow.

Deleted
    Three Orcs win this price all together.

Grom Hellscream:

"Thrall, the blood haze has lifted. The demons fire burned out in my veins! I ... have freed myself..."
    "No old friend, you freed us all."

Tears were shed at the ending of the Warcraft 3 Orc campaign.

Broxigar the red, the only Orc whoms death causes Tyrande to cry. The only mortal being to ever fight Sargeras and wound him, his glory unending for all eternity etched into the history of the world, no one ever again will bath in such a blaze of heroism and honor.

And lastly Orkus the Kingslayer, an Orc who proved that everyone can be a hero. He did what no one of our characters have done, he died for our sake, for the completion of our quest. He changed his attitude and died a heroes death, facing odds not many could have stand against alone.

Of course there are several non Orc's who deserved mentioning here... I should make a list thinking about it. : /

heroic: grom. id have given it to broxigar but im just not a fan of outside game charachters, never have been, so i default to grom. having played with grom from all of WC2 and then Wc3, his death really hit me in the feels. he was one of the few living orcs that had survived multiple wars.

'epic':such an overused term. how is one's death truly epic? what does epic truly mean? but to say if i had to, it would be uther. he was only brought down by arthas and a zerg rush of ghouls.

tragic: arthas. he went from prince to paladin to antihero to darth vader. i was really dissapointed in the direction they took with arthas when he killed off nerzhul's spirit just because he was 'evil'.

just a setback/tragic: illidan. i refuse to believe he is dead. multiple threads have been discussed thoroughly about illidan's "death". illidan wasnt even truly evil. all he wanted to was to reconcile with his brother and tyrande, instead he was shunned away and then consumed guldans skull in a last ditch effort to earn his brother's respect. instead he was banished. raising the naga, using the eye of sargeras, recruiting kaelthas and attacking icecrown, it was all to destroy the lich king. illidan was forever trying to redeem himself in the eyes of his brother and tyrande. instead of trying to aid him to destroy the legion (which was illidan's goal, since kil'jaeden was threatening him with an eternity of torture), we just assumed that "he commands demons, he must be evil" so we invaded his fortress, killed all of his subjects and followers, then stabbed him in the face. we even turned his allies against him. illidan's entire life consisted of him being fucked over again and again, and every time he tried to reestablish himself, he just got brought down again.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Putress, his skills could have been used for better benefactors than demons.

Everyone else was just a dumb oaf.
    Would that death be tragic because he was stupid enough to reveal his involvement with the demons instead of pretend to be innocent blaming a shapeshifting Demon?

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post

'epic':such an overused term. how is one's death truly epic? what does epic truly mean? but to say if i had to, it would be uther. he was only brought down by arthas and a zerg rush of ghouls.
    Epic from a story telling stand point would be an event that leaves the reader or gamer emotionally shaken. A death that strikes an emotional cord with you and gives you a WTF moment where you have to go back and see or read it again. It almost always has a drastic effect on the way the story goes from that moment on.

Most tragic death: Kael'thas. Because he was given the most brutal character assassination of any lore figure in WoW and then dispatched in an almost comical way, all so players could farm him for epics.

Outside of Arthas, also mention to:

Terenas Menethil. After having ruled his kingdom for 70 years with pride, only to be killed at the hands of his own son. That has to be the worst death a father can possibly have getting killed by your own son. Atleast he didn't saw his wife and daughter getting murdered aswell.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

Terenas Menethil. After having ruled his kingdom for 70 years with pride, only to be killed at the hands of his own son. That has to be the worst death a father can possibly have getting killed by your own son. Atleast he didn't saw his wife and daughter getting murdered aswell.
    We aren't sure about Arthas' sister Blizzard has been purposely vague when it comes to her much like they have been with most of the remaining clans of orcs from Warcraft 2. Though you do have to love how Blizzard builds in their own safety nets in case they ruin a storyline.

Most heroic would probably be Anduin Lothar. His death rallied the humans to victory over the orcs. Most tragic would probably be Terneas Menethil, Daelin Proudmore or Llane Wrynn.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AnnoyingRight View Post
    We aren't sure about Arthas' sister Blizzard has been purposely vague when it comes to her much like they have been with most of the remaining clans of orcs from Warcraft 2. Though you do have to love how Blizzard builds in their own safety nets in case they ruin a storyline.
    They have but we do know that Callia is cannon by the references in game. It seems they are keeping her locked away for a big lore moment, otherwise they would just come out and say that she died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taretha. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18887#comments Shed a tear when she died

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

Terenas Menethil. After having ruled his kingdom for 70 years with pride, only to be killed at the hands of his own son.
    I still can't fathom why people keep saying Terenas was tragic. Yes, being killed by your own son is tragic, but Terenas brought that misfortune upon himself when he deliberately brushed aside Medivh's warning about the legion returning (of course he sucked at explaining it properly, but thats debatable).

Ultimately, it was Terenas's pride in his own kingdom that damned him the most.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I still can't fathom why people keep saying Terenas was tragic. Yes, being killed by your own son is tragic, but Terenas brought that misfortune upon himself when he deliberately brushed aside Medivh's warning about the legion returning (of course he sucked at explaining it properly, but thats debatable).

It was not him dying itself that makes it tragic. It was the fact that he died to the hands of his own son whom he trusted and loved. Circumstances have a lot to do with the emotional impact of the situation.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post

That is actually what makes it tragic you know from the beginning of Arthas turn what will happen to his father, but he like all the old Alliance leaders can't see their own doom looming over them because they think the Horde was the only threat of merit.

Wtf, nobody has said Rheastrasza? You all forget so easily.