Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Most Epic Heroic or Tragic Death in WOW

I freely admit I am a bit of a lore nerd and keep track of it even though I don't actively play anymore, but I do want to know what do you consider the most epic death for each faction whether it is Heroic or Tragic.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas, mostly cause his storyline was so awsome and epic, was kinda sad to see it end
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I'll have to agree with this. There was a lot of drama involved.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

I think Grom's death was pretty epic in WCIII, if that counts.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any of those deaths count as long as they happen in game or during the time period of the game. So any of the Warcraft rts games can apply since they have COT

Broxigar, by a magnitude. From Wowpedia:

At the final battle over the Well of Eternity, Brox realized that if the world and the future were to be saved, his companions needed more time. Brox leapt from the back of one of the red dragons also carrying Rhonin into the swirling portal that was opening at the bottom of the funnel. When he passed through, and arrived in the realm of the Burning Legion, he proceeded to slaughter multitudes of demons, blocking their advance towards the portal, slaying so many that he ended up standing atop a mountain of their corpses— mocking more to come challenge him. It was there that he eventually attracted the attention of Sargeras, who came personally to put an end to the orc's life. However, using the magical axe crafted for him by Malfurion, Brox did the impossible, and struck a small wound in Sargeras' leg. This wound would later be the focus of Krasus and his allies' spellwork, that for a second, tore Sargeras' attention away from his struggle to keep the portal open...allowing Malfurion and Illidan to close it upon him. Brox's life was ended by Sargeras, right before the demon entered the portal, by the jagged edge of Sargeras's broken sword, and Malfurion saw Brox's lifeless corpse impaled on its end. With this final act of loyalty, Broxigar the Red sealed his place in history as the only known mortal to have ever staged an assault upon the Burning Legion's leader.

Broxigar the Red died, not a mere honorable death, but was struck down in a blaze of glory nearly unheard of in the history of the orcs.

Against all odds, Brox's Axe of Cenaruis was found after the battle, having not been lost with his death on the other side of the Well, and washed up on the shore of the new Kalimdor. When Krasus returned to the present day, his first act was to take the Axe directly to Thrall. Disguised as an orc shaman, Krasus told his tale of how Brox helped stop another demon invasion, and implored the Warchief to sing songs of Broxigar the Red, his legendary life, and his glorious sacrifice.

The night elves raised up a statue to him, making him the the only orc to have ever been given homage by them. Tyrande and Malfurion honored him after the war and even after all these millenia, the mere mention of Brox's name is enough to remind Tyrande of how they lost him, causing tears to well up in her eyes

Bear in mind, Brox remains the only mortal, living or dead, to have physically engaged Sargeras and wounded him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWbpN6Rus4Llane Wrynn was Tragic. Garona Halforcen was a close friend of Llane, but also secretly an agent of the Horde. As the orcs besieged Stormwind itself, Garona (under mental control of the orc Shadow Council) sorrowfully assassinated the beloved king and took his heart to the head of the Council, the warlock Gul'dan. Garona knew from a vision she had seen in Karazhan that she was fated to kill one of the few men who accepted her for what she was, and thus it was King Llane's assassin who mourned him most of all. King Varian to this day still see Garona crying as she killed his father and doesnt understand it.
    Last edited by winterfox72; 2013-03-24 at 12:50 AM.

Deleted
    I'd probably say Cairne Bloodhoof, he was such a great ruler and a true hero until Garrosh killed him in the duel.

Also, for fun. Socks the racoon in the alliance quest in jade forest. Jumping in front of his friend in order to save him from being turned into a jade statue.... RIP SOCKS!

Arthas Menethil, easily...

If I'm going to die, I'd like to hold the hands of my relatives aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas (along with Thalorien Dawnseeker, actually) had a pretty great death the first time. She knew she couldn't take down Arthas, but she threw everything she had at him and went down fighting. Uther and Anasterian too; a lot of Arthas's more notable victims were pretty resilient opponents.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My personal favorite Epic Deaths for both factions would be Durotan's and Terenas because both are equally tragic, but nothing could be more epic than literally fighting until you are literally disarmed or Realizing your about to die just as the sword pierced your chest when it is in fact the person you trust most in the world killing you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anveena. I don't care what anyone says. That was tragic, to discover you technically don't exist (you're just a vessel) and then to die after finally professing your love? Or rather, sacrificing yourself to save the entire world, leaving behind someone (the only person) who loved you? Kalecgos, who you initially think is going to rescue the girl and save the world, ends up having to watch Anveena save HIM (desperately begging her not to) and the rest of the world at the cost of her own young life. A life, that wasn't supposed to exist, and there is NO afterlife for her because of that. Anveena just ends, she disappears, having finally learned who she was, what love was, and she dies for all of Azeroth and what is left of Outland.

Anveena, and I really wish Blizzard would do a retcon and bring her back to life for Kalec.

I hate that no one remembers what a tragic bittersweet character she was.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-03-24 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas definitely, if i had the option of joining the scourge i totally would have
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas definitely! Still the best story line to come out of wow...

Deleted
    My old guild Shadow Priest soloing Ragnaros 40man at 1%. We almost believe that it was possible... Indeed a heroic and tragic death...

Lorewise, Lothar. His death changed the battlefield, with the Alliance winning the Second War that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    I'm gona have to agree with Harazi on this one and say Broxigar. There are plenty of epic deaths in the Warcraft Universe, but none too date rival the shear amount of awesome that was Broxigar's. Only mortal to have wounded Sargeras, and he did it with a wooden axe! Granted that axe was made from mystical wood, it's still pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Nbcall; 2013-03-24 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

I have to say that after finishing Lord of the Clans that Taretha Foxton's death is pretty tragic, but the rage that Thrall shows from what Blackmoore does is just epic. Most Heroic death would go too Grom.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

Lorewise, Lothar. His death changed the battlefield, with the Alliance winning the Second War that day.
    I would have gone with this one except Blizzard has been vague on how it actually happened for story reasons, but I do kind of like the idea of him killing a large number of orc warriors before Doomhammer arrived for an epic battle. Though I don't like the idea of him getting killed by multiple orcs anymore than I like the idea that Doomhammer, who never needed help killing anyone in his life, having to resort to that.
    Last edited by AnnoyingRight; 2013-03-24 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mankrik's wife of course.

I guess for real I would go with Broxigar

Mankriks wife.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ