Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone actually force themselves to finish this video? I did.

The fact she somehow turned this into some religious rant makes me hate her even that much more. I play games to get away from my real life that is repetitive day after day. Sure, I love my life but its nice to get away and spend time on games. Of course, I put A LOT of time into these games but it won't destroy my social life. Its not like we just sit around gaming and don't talk to anyone or do anything. If I did that I would be evicted from lack of payments.

Anyways, apparently we're rebelling against God for playing 'computer games'.

Zerg rush her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    please do not use heavy swear words ....
    what about light ones?

p.s stopped video at about 1:20
    Last edited by Alski; 2013-03-24 at 04:26 AM.

*Sigh* It's sad to see how everyone ends up generalizing one thing just because of a negative experience THEY had. That's all I'll say.

"computer games destroy your social life"

I never needed a social life, good riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    *Sigh* It's sad to see how everyone ends up generalizing one thing just because of a negative experience THEY had. That's all I'll say.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOL8k9o2wGU

She also has a video about how the Wizard of Oz is a form of a mindcontrol method which supposedly creates alter egos inside of its viewers.

I don't think she had a bad experience with anything... I just think shes a genuine idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so this dumbass thinks that we believe that real life has a respawn system?

I wish real life had a respawn system, a save/load system and a better user interface . . .

Then again, people like Bin Laden would just respawn . . . Maybe bin Laden is a boss mob. Boss mobs don't respawn.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah ok, computer games were the basis for several of my social relationships.

so, sure.

Before I even watched that I knew she would bring religion into it

10+ Year Old Account
    we see this all the time with video games

there are plenty of people out there who play video games and have social lives

for those of them that don't, it's either a personal choice or they have their own problems that prevent them from having a social life

Stopped watching once she moved into the religion zone.

She's a bit off-base with quite a few points, especially the one about younger folks not being able to discern reality from what happens in video games. We heard the same thing about violent cartoons years back (older T&J, older Warner Bros), and it's nothing more than over-reactive bullshit.

Do video games destroy your social life? Any hobby can impair your social life. So yes, they most certainly can.

10+ Year Old Account
    From personal experience, yes it is.

So many people in this thread denying they have a problem. Personally, I am a gamer and I agree with the lady.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Given my reclusive and introverted nature, video games and digital-social interactions have done wonders to expand my social life.
    I have the same sort of nature, and find that for me, games actually make things worse.... it's even easier to disassociate yourself from other people via games (or simply not play ones that require group efforts), since there's no face to face interaction. Everyone's different though

Guns don't kill people, people do (although guns make it much more easier to do so).

Yes... it's an analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Given my reclusive and introverted nature, video games and digital-social interactions have done wonders to expand my social life.
    Basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Religious woman stating that computer games are dangerous and a waste of time.

Irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annalife View Post
    Religious woman stating that computer games are dangerous and a waste of time.

Irony.
    Yeah. I'm amused by the whole "inability to discern between fact and fiction" and "brainwashing/indoctrination" arguments she puts out.
    Putin khuliyo

She sounded stupid right at the start, then she went retarded with the whole "god" thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    So many people in this thread denying they have a problem. Personally, I am a gamer and I agree with the lady.
    You agree with a a Woman who believes in an Afterlife but telling others they cannot tell the difference between Reality and Fantasy

Eh .. ok

well then

Edit: this looks like a tim and eric skit