Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Guys... I just realized something... Kel'thuzad's phylactery isn't MIA... you can buy it on the blizzard store. He isn't comming back ad a raid or 5 man boss becausr Blizzard has already brought him back as a battle pet!

Some people dont know anything about Kel'thuzad. Really? He is supposed to be servant of Bolvar? Kel'thuzad is free-willed and has certain opinion on undeath that he propably doesnt share with idealistic paladin currently on throne.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    The scary thing? I am only slightly kidding about that... I would love to see more of the Scourge, I was so disappointed when we killed the Lich King.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No.

we never got his phylactery in wrath.
    he can still return.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Some people dont know anything about Kel'thuzad. Really? He is supposed to be servant of Bolvar? Kel'thuzad is free-willed and has certain opinion on undeath that he propably doesnt share with idealistic paladin currently on throne.
    I dunno about Bolvar's situation, but if you read that one short story about Kel'Thuzad (Road to Damnation), it pretty clearly illustrated that while he was essentially his majordomo, he would always be subservient to the Lich King or else pretty much would be made into one of his normal mindless servants. Now that there's a new one, who really knows, but odds are Bolivar LK could probably command him if he found out how or something if the helm is truly what gives him power over the scourge.

Also Fel Lich lol...that could actually be a fun option, after all he did help Arthas summon Archimonde back in WC3, so they likely do know of him...

With Arthas' and Ner'zhul's story done, I doubt Kel'thuzad has much relevance for Blizzard. My guess is we wont ever see him again.

Deleted
    Maybe, just maybe, he will join Bolvar against Kil'jaeden. After all, he is responsible for what they have become, in the end

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, he will join Bolvar against Kil'jaeden. After all, he is responsible for what they have become, in the end
    Problem with that statement is that Kel'thuzad thinks of undeath as superior existence, he wouldnt hold grudge against Kil'jaeden because of that.

We got his phylactery in classic and handed it to a dude who turned out to be evil hence his return in Wrath
    Blizzard nodded to this in a quest in Dragonblight so they obviously remembered that he had one, question is what happened to it the second time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Bolvar is no longer an idealistic paladin, Bolvar is dead, it's now the Lich King, the same which was bound to Arthas body.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-24 at 10:38 AM.

I still think Kel'Thuzad is pretty unlikely to follow someone who became the Lich King specifically because he hated the undead and wanted to make sure they stopped doing what they were built for

Deleted
    He's not dead. We'll prolly see more of him in the future.

Maybe someone should bring it up during the Q&A at the next blizzcon or something.

By all accounts he should have revived by now due to his phylactery not being destroyed.

Gotta admit, as much as I love KT's character, it'd be pretty overkill to bring him back again, again, again. He has been killed 3 times, this guy holds the record (lore-wise, game-wise he shares it with Onyxia), if he were to return again and get a streak of 4, well even Kael'thas and Anub'arak would be jealous.

Still, I wouldn't mind him returning, simply because I love the character so much, and his potential was wasted big time in WotLK, with him doing nothing. If he is to return, just please bring McConnohie back as his voice actor, the new voice sucked hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I still think Kel'Thuzad is pretty unlikely to follow someone who became the Lich King specifically because he hated the undead and wanted to make sure they stopped doing what they were built for
    Bolvar hated the Undead, but so was Arthas. When he came in touch with the Lich King he got poisoned with it and became evil. That fate will happen to Bolvar as well I am afraid.

10+ Year Old Account
    He will come back as a congealment of kaelthas, the black night , arthas, kelthuzad and onyxia :S

Warcraft is a universe with Resurrection, possession and time travel. NOBODY ever dies. If you absolutely destroyed someone´s entire being in the present, they could always just time travel forward and kill you and that is if they haven´t been ressurected by someone, or were able to use their spirit to possess someone nearby.. etc etc etc.

Kel'thuzad is my second favorite Warcraft character, only behind Arthas. I wished they had more of a role for him in WotLK, like with Anub'arak. The Kel'thuzad in WoW looked almost little to nothing like the one from WC3, who was just brilliant.

When I heard Scholomance was getting revamped in MoP, I speculated that Kel'thuzad's phylactery would play a role in that dungeon, trying to ressurect him back while the adventurers have to stop him. As the headquarters of the Cult of the Damned, ruled by Kel'thuzad, it does make sence for him to be there.

I hope he'll come back someday, with the badassness he has in WC3. He should have become the new Lich King instead of Bolvar, it could still happen trough.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    This shard, seen on Kel'thuzad's first defeat, was never seen after his second defeat, and the Lich King made no effort to bring him back or mentioned him (presumably for his failure).

What happened to him?
    We defeated Kel'thuzad the first time and delivered his phylactery to Inigo Montoy. He was a double agent for the Scourge and took the phylactery to Northrend where KT would have enough time to regenerate.

When we defeated him again in Wrath of the Lich King, the phylactery was no where to be found, so we couldn't destroy it. As the lore stands, it is very likely that KT will regenerate a physical form and rise again.

.... Unless they retcon it and say that after his defeat, the Argent Crusade stormed Naxxramas, found the phylactery and destroyed it.

Why does everyone think Bolvar is still a good guy? Once Ner'zhul gets to him, he'll be just like the Lich King we killed. Arthas was a good guy too.