Must haves for Engineering

So I recently power leveled engineering and I just want to know which of these items I have too keep to use my engineering. Like alchemist have to have their philosopher stones which engineering items do I need to keep

Jeeves, Wall-E, Rocket Boots Xtreme, Blingtron 4000. Items that will be useful no matter what expansion we are in.

Make the Gnomish Army Knife and you're good, if anything.

Thanks for the fast replies

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah get a Jeeves at least, people will love you for it. Gnomish Army Knife is good too, saves you a lot of crap to lug around in your bags. I personally like the Wormhole generators, but their randomness is an aquired taste perhaps.

I made a Molly too, but have had little use of it, there's too many postboxes everywhere, so I'd put that lower on the list. Blingtron is excellent to have, but I find I only need to use mine about 1 day out of every 3 cause I'll run into someone having set theirs up on some toon during my play time.

Other then that, get all the tinkers on your gear and play around with them and get used to using them and thinking of them. Engineering is only as useful as how often you use the perks!

Don't forget the all the teleport items. And the loot-a-rang too!

If you can only pick one thing or want the one most important thing it would be Jeeves.

Well, it's most of the utility items that have been mentioned already: Teleporters, Jeeves, Lootarang for mobs that died in dangerous/out of reach places, gnomish army knife...

More circumstantial items are portable anvil, lockbox-bombs, moll-e, mote-drainer, mist-piercing goggles, i carry a toolbox full of assorted engineering stuff around, but i like the profession's quirky "Do stuff you usually can't do"-nature. ^_^

Thermal anvils are also useful for when you cant find an anvil or are somewhere where there isnt one and you need to make a tinker or something for a new piece of gear.

Loot-a-rang !

Deleted
    Army knife is a must, goblin glider is a must.

jeeves comes in really handy in raraids and if you got the mats I recommend making a blingtron 4000

Gnomish Army Knife is the end-all item for the various mechanical gizmos you'll need in your bag to make things condensed down into one thing. I forget about the jumper cables effect on it most of the time, but that can be handy in a pinch if you're a class without a rez. It's also fantastic for sending to alts with gathering professions.

Jeeves is a must. Go farm the mechanicals in Storm Peaks for the pattern, sometimes it can take a while but you should get it in a reasonable time. Repairs, bank access, and Tome of the Clear Mind for sale are the major attraction. Everybody expects an engineer to have a Jeeves.

MOLL-E is very useful if you're in a place without a mailbox, such as a raid. Not just for you, but for everybody else.

Put tinkers on everything you can. I can't use anything but Goblin Glider, as it's saved me numerous times and is useful simply as a travel mechanism. Got careless with the ghosts before Horridon and got punted, Goblin Glider activates and flies be back to the bridge, whee! It's also been helpful when camping rares on Isle of Thunder, standing up on Progenitus's spot you can leap off in saurok form, hit the glider, and fly across nearly the whole island.

Really, the simple advice? Get one of each of the miscellaneous devices. You won't regret it.

Deleted
    nitro boots always guud

Jeeves and MOLL-E for sure, as well as either Goblin Glider or parachute cloak; of those two, I prefer the former. Rocket belt tends to malfunction pretty often last time I used it. Other nice things include the wormhole/teleport items (especially the one for Northrend), frost grenades (not sure if they work at 90), the water walking tinker (for non water walking classes). Make at least one army knife for freeing up inventory space. Lastly, making the old mote extractor can make some decent gold, especially if you went back and collected the BC primals for old crafted gear (belt and boot patterns from T5 come to mind) to transmog.

some nice things i have forgotten!!

But why the 4000? It is quite expensive has it any use That i have missed?
    Last edited by roostah; 2013-03-31 at 04:49 PM.

Also explosive thingy to open lockboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    some nice things i have forgotten!!

But why the 4000? It is quite expensive has it any use That i have missed?
    Yeah, if you happen to have enough luck to win the lottery in 7 different countries every week, you'll also be lucky enough to get the Kyparium rocket from it.

Personally, being on a high pop server, I would never bother making a Blingatron, it's ridiculously expensive and there are like 2-3 of them down in SW all day every day, so I get my gift regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Yeah, if you happen to have enough luck to win the lottery in 7 different countries every week, you'll also be lucky enough to get the Kyparium rocket from it.

Personally, being on a high pop server, I would never bother making a Blingatron, it's ridiculously expensive and there are like 2-3 of them down in SW all day every day, so I get my gift regardless.
    LOL from Wowhead it has been looted 265829 times and only 4-9 of any of the 3 mounts has dropped. The percent is a little low since it didnt always contain mounts but still 19 mounts out of more than 100k packages is low. So the best reason to make it is probably convienince so you dont have to wait of look for one. Its made more sense when all your characters could use it when you could have them all in the same place, pop it down, and cycle between toons.

15+ Year Old Account
    reading this has reminded me how much I love engineering, neither of my current level 90's has it, this makes me sad =(

Jeeves, MOLL-E, Army knife, Blingtron and all portals