Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Yes and the horde are not more powerful then the alliance either ....that's why ALL of the top world guilds are horde ...mirrors ..LOL...ok
    Come on guys don't feed it...I'm just waiting for The Three Billy Goats Gruff to come trip-trap over the bridge.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sith is way more power then my jedi toons ....sorry but it's true
    You keep using that word. I dunna think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    You keep using that word. I dunna think it means what you think it means.
    +100 internets for the Inigo Montoya xD

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Like hiding your head slot. Especially the fact that they locked that particular feature annoyed me greatly; it was evidence of childishness, if you ask me.
    Its only evidence of them being bussiness company, not charity one. They want ppl to subscribe, so they can earn money, nothing wrong with that.
    They gave ftp players to get to max level, thats more than enough. I would never give ftpers to come to max lvl for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Its only evidence of them being bussiness company, not charity one. They want ppl to subscribe, so they can earn money, nothing wrong with that.
    They gave ftp players to get to max level, thats more than enough. I would never give ftpers to come to max lvl for free.
    I think you miss the point of a F2P game...like...the definition. The revenue from F2P comes from Cash Shop purchases that are *usually* cosmetic in nature. The goal is to provide a fun environment for the player. By doing this a player becomes more likely to toss cash to the game in order to look pretty. League of Legends would be the quintessential example of a F2P game done right, and has been MASSIVELY successful by simply releasing skins for Champions (which you can fairly easily mod on your local machine without HAVING to spend a dime). Tera would be another more recent MMO-specific example of the "correct" way to impliment a F2P game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    The Horde has more powerful racials. Rocket Barrage, Berserking, Regeneration, Endurance, and Blood Fury are better racials than anything the Alliance has. Considering there are no racials in TOR, all classes are carbon copies. Also, your argument is fallacious. It's equivalent to "50,000 Elvis fans can't be wrong." The number of people who play a specific faction is little proof to your "power" argument.
    pretty sure they used to have racials but they got changed to social crap like the cyborgs get a scan that doesnt do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    pretty sure they used to have racials but they got changed to social crap like the cyborgs get a scan that doesnt do anything
    Only if it was in beta. There haven't been any racials in the game since the game launched. Trust me, I looked. It was always just social.

If you want viability in both tanking and dpsing, I would go with the Knight/Warrior tank or the Trooper/BH. Assassins are good tanks but I've always felt their dps specs were lacking compared to the others.

As far as the stories of each, I'd probably rank them as Jedi Knight > BH > Sith Warrior > Assassin/Shadow > Trooper.

And as someone who also played at launch and stopped shortly after, I'll tell you that it's quite a different game now. There's been a lot of endgame content added that I have yet to touch, but so far my friends and I are enjoying it.
    Last edited by threads; 2013-03-29 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    I didnt finish my bounty hunter story, think my char is 48 or so, but it sure was epic. Now, even back when it was subfee travelling time took a long time, and now I heard they increased traveling time for f2p players it must be a horror =(

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave it a try again myself, and they didnt really improve any of the combat, or class designs and I found myself frustrated at the same garbage I was at launch. Play it for the story first.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Juggernaut tanks will play great in the expansion. You get a very nice defensive saber reflect cooldown that reflects ranged damage for x seconds. very desireable in FPs and raids! On top of that juggs are already inherently very tanky. They received huge buffs to their ability to aoe tank due to crushing blow as well hitting 5 total targets instead of 3. Assasin tanks play about the same though there is a more complex optimal rotation now for them. They have a neat ability that places a ward on the ground and teleports you to it upon activation. if you dont activate this ability and leave the ward on the ground, anyone who stands on it will receive mroe healing as well as DO more healing (this only applies to sin tanks). can't say much for PT tanks since i do not have one.

I'd say jugg tanks have a great ability and sin tanks have a more passive tanking ability but the utility of the on demand teleport will let you do daring and creative things in game.

Yes and the horde are not more powerful then the alliance either ....that's why ALL of the top world guilds are horde ...mirrors ..LOL...ok
    Because wow has racials that affect gameplay, TOR doesn't. They are exact mirrors with a few differences that they fixed in the past like death from above hitting faster than mortar volley.
    Bane