Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    I dont think u get it.. Eles lightning on the move ALWAYS, spiritwalker grace.. warlock got kil'jeaden cunning ALWAYS and ofc the portals..
    Spriest have none, and cant do much while kiting.

Utility is something different and if u read my previous post u will notice i took that in aswell. It doesn't seem u are playing 1 atm. Even without the mobility they are strong. So my best bet would be to nerf some utility in pvp and buff mobility.

It's clear now that people have no idea what Spriest is all about.
    I wrote sloppy, I mean mobility as when coupled with the rest of the toolbox. I simply dont see why any sane person would label mobilty simple as being able to cast castime spells on the move and nothing else.
    So now when that is clear you are also able to spot that in the very post you quoted I also state what I would want to see nerfed, their utility.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Is the Priest the only class remaining in this game that has no snare?

There's mindflay, which is very nice (lol), it snares the target but roots yourself and is only active while channelling. Great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Is the Priest the only class remaining in this game that has no snare?

There's mindflay, which is very nice (lol), it snares the target but roots yourself and is only active while channelling. Great.
    Are warlocks the only class without a root? ;(
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    If it's true, then they should FIX it asap!

There's no difference whether 10 or 11 classes have snares/roots, but it's a difference for the one who doesn't have it.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-27 at 02:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

There's no difference whether 10 or 11 classes have snares/roots, but it's a difference for the one who doesn't have it.
    That made little sense but okey
    If there is one thing PvP dont need regardless of class or specs its homogenization.

Deleted
    What exactly didn't make much sense?

We don't need homogenization, but we are already there, as I said with my 10/11 example above (referring to snares).

A few years ago there were more classes without snares. If I remember it correctly, it was Priests, Warlocks, Druids (long ago) and Paladins. 75% of these got homogenized, one is still excluded from the party.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-27 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    You're joking but you really shouldn't tempt Blizzard, giving classes everything which they don't have is one of the biggest problems with WoW class design and balance at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    You're joking but you really shouldn't tempt Blizzard, giving classes everything which they don't have is one of the biggest problems with WoW class design and balance at the moment.
    But you can see in which direction they (Blizzard) move? They say no to homogenization but each expansion moves one step closer on completing and perfecting the homogenization. Almost every class got snares, roots, stuns and heals meanwhile.

Deleted
    But you can see in which direction they (Blizzard) move? They say no to homogenization but each expansion moves one step closer on completing and perfecting the homogenization. Almost every class got snares, roots, stuns and heals meanwhile.
    Sometimes I think that might just be best. It's obvious that the current design team see any differences between classes as a bad thing and their current solution is just filling in the gaps (ranged abilities for melee, defensive tanky CDs for casters, CC for everybody all the time). I wouldn't be too surprised if Ghostcrawler's latest crusade became "classes are bad" and the big feature two xpacs down the line was a complete removal of classes with replacements being generic tank, generic DPS and generic healer. All things for everybody is just flat out lazy design in my opinion, and contributes severely to the present clusterfuck state of PvP.
    Last edited by mmoc6765cb3ae1; 2013-03-27 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    As far as i'm aware, affliction has Curse of Exhaustion, and destruction has Conflagrate, in ways to slow the opponent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    As far as i'm aware, affliction has Curse of Exhaustion, and destruction has Conflagrate, in ways to slow the opponent.
    That is not a root.

Deleted
    That is not a root.
    Yes i saw that it was root you wrote now, i read "snare" as the discussion was about snare before. It wouldn't let me delete the post in time either.

As for root i believe paladins don't have a root...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Yes i saw that it was root you wrote now, i read "snare" as the discussion was about snare before. It wouldn't let me delete the post in time either.

As for root i believe paladins don't have a root...
    Ah oki, yea lots of specs even classes dont have access to all like stuns, silences, roots, disorients, fears etc etc which is just how it should be.
    If I had to choose from:
    Balanced game where classes have access to almost all and Balanced game where classes have access to some I would pick the latter.
    PvP was more fun in my view in TBC than it is now where half the time is spent figuring out which cd's you and the opponents got left and how long before the cooldown resets on the rest.

Deleted
    I'm just insisting on snares for everyone as I think it's a good thing to be able to force a fight until death in world PvP, or any other form of PvP. Forcing a fight >> running away.

I'm doing world PvP with my Hunter, a lot, and one of the most frustrating things is seeing others just run away successfully from the fight. Granted, as Hunter I have a lot of tools to counter this and not many of my opponents can get away (apart from rogues).

But, I couldn't imagine being there with my SP, where like 80% of the guys I attack will eventually just run away successfully, if I don't nuke them in 5 - 10 sec.

In fact what I'm asking for is not snares, but the possibility for every class to have a realistic chance to force a fight. Don't get me wrong, escaping should not be impossible, but it should take skill and not rely only on the deficits of the attacking class.

It takes a lot of skill to get away from a hunter, it's almost a zero skill issue to get away from a SP.

Unfortunately, a snare is the most straight forward tool to achieve this, to not let someone get away.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-27 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    Ah oki, yea lots of specs even classes dont have access to all like stuns, silences, roots, disorients, fears etc etc which is just how it should be.
    If I had to choose from:
    Balanced game where classes have access to almost all and Balanced game where classes have access to some I would pick the latter.
    PvP was more fun in my view in TBC than it is now where half the time is spent figuring out which cd's you and the opponents got left and how long before the cooldown resets on the rest.
    I agree. Now that i've come to think of it, priest is accually the only class without an interrupt, or a stun too

Deleted
    SPs have silence = interrupt, and any form of CC is also an interrupt.
    Horror acts as a stun basically, you can damage your opponent while CCed without breaking the CC (that's more or less the definition of stun).

Healer are healers... that's a different story.

Deleted
    SPs have silence = interrupt, and any form of CC is also an interrupt.
    This is wrong. An interrupt is a school lockout. You can stop a paly from bubbling, a priest from dispersing with a school lockout, but not with a silence. The silence can also be trinketed/dispelled.

Horror acts as a stun basically, you can damage your opponent while CCed without breaking the CC (that's more or less the definition of stun).

Healer are healers... that's a different story.
    It's diffrent DRs, if you dispelled VT your Pshycic Horror will last shorter. So officially it's not a stun.

Not getting the fuss tbh, but then I play a healer and I've never had any issue healing against them. Dispell whenever they use DP and everything works out well (and you can dispel their PI too).

And what is the issue with a class having a bubble burster (MD)? There should be counters to invulnerabilities, and without the glyph it's a pretty long cast.

It just seems whatever sits ontop of the class pile (which something always will) then they have to be nerfed :|

Honestly shadow priests are in a pretty fair position. Sitting at a midway point where mages could be brought down to their level and locks and boom chickens could be brought up a bit to that level. They have obvious strengths and enough relevant utility to reward a high skill-cap, while still having a glaring counter (Melee train of any sort). Maybe we don't need to hop in to the nerf mob, but instead accept that spriests can serve as a model for the power level of caster dps in arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrono666 View Post
    Honestly shadow priests are in a pretty fair position. Sitting at a midway point where mages could be brought down to their level and locks and boom chickens could be brought up a bit to that level. They have obvious strengths and enough relevant utility to reward a high skill-cap, while still having a glaring counter (Melee train of any sort). Maybe we don't need to hop in to the nerf mob, but instead accept that spriests can serve as a model for the power level of caster dps in arena.
    You must be playing at the very low end to think that shadow priests have a glaring counter. Or that Melee train even works well right now. It doesnt, largely because of shadow priests bringing 70% of the effectiveness of a 2nd healer while still bringing 100% of a DPS; meaning when fighting a shadow priest team it is very hard to kill the healer, which is what Melee Train does well, and its hard to kill anyone else because the shadow priest can dispel their healer, and you know instantly full heal them or grip them across the map, or just straight up shield and spam heals; let alone killing the priest with their guaranteed out in Dispersion.

From my perspective at 2.2k right now (im on a warrior you try it!) I fight Shadow Priests more often then any other dps; but then again they are the best class to play with for pretty much everyone except like hunters.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.