Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I think the ravamp of Azeroth was a neccisary evil, and ultimately good for the game in the long run, though in the short term the amount of resources it took hurt the end game in Cata. Leveling is much improved imo by this, and I think blizzard has learned from the experience so that if they ever decide to update a continent again or zone again, they'll know what they're getting into and plan accordingly and be prepared for it.
    THat's what I said earlier. Revaping 1-60 zones was a good idea. Vanilla content was unberable for leveling. But revaping ZA and ZG, thus removing legendary Zul'jin and Hakkar (despite driving the plot forward to current events in MOP) was a bad one.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    My wishes for the next expansion:

• 2 "new" races -> High Elves for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde
    Not going to happen. And even if HElves went to the Alliance as a cheap race, the Horde wouldn't get Ogres; they'd get an Alliance crossover race as well....likely NElfs.

A new hero class -> Demon Hunter
    Not going to happen as a standalone class.

3 new levels
    Likely 5.

Outland revamped with 3 new unreleased zones
    Again....unlikely. A revamp didn't go down too well in Cataclysm, Outland doesn't need it as much as Vanilla did, 3 levels is too few by itself and risks the disconnect feel of cataclysm.

EJL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Wouldn't that be a downgrade though considering the final boss of tbc was K'J and dread lords are beneath him on the power scale? :P Also isn't K'J still alive and well?
    Not if Tichondrius finds the legendary spleen that Aman'thul transplanted to save the life of a baby titan no one knows about, but happens to be sleeping in the attic of a shrewd Ogre that loves apple-cider, wich Tichondrius accidentally manages to get a very large shipment of, and trading it for said baby, proceeds to transplant its spleen unto himself with the help of Bud.
    Through the liver, he obtains the achievement "Wasn't me!", causing players inside his new fortress to inhale the foul *censored* substance, represented by a -99% debuff on all stats of characters, making him the strongest Boss so far.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2013-03-25 at 05:42 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5hOlayOll4 - SPOILERS

Very interesting tidbit about the Burning Legion.

I know it's not Tichondrius but I thought this would be a decent thread for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    You do know that Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden are both EREDAR, right?
    I do know that, but those 2 were specially chosen by Sargeras and given power by the former titan. The Eredar aren't even naturally evil anymore since the retcon, so I cant just believe they are worse. As for Pitlords versus Dreadlords, I think the Pitlords size gives them a disadvantage versus strong smaller opponents 1v1. Pitlords are great leaders with minions, but a Dreadlord is more deadly by itself.

I think a lot of demons we have fought and "killed" will be back again though seeing as they just return home when defeated elsewhere. I also would be surprised to see Mal'Ganis as a final boss in one of the starting tiers seeing as how hes been build up so much. He started the plague that destroyed Lordaeron, could fight Arthas fairly evenly 1v1, and might even possibly have Frostmourne fragments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yingyang View Post
    I do know that, but those 2 were specially chosen by Sargeras and given power by the former titan. The Eredar aren't even naturally evil anymore since the retcon, so I cant just believe they are worse. As for Pitlords versus Dreadlords, I think the Pitlords size gives them a disadvantage versus strong smaller opponents 1v1. Pitlords are great leaders with minions, but a Dreadlord is more deadly by itself.

I think a lot of demons we have fought and "killed" will be back again though seeing as they just return home when defeated elsewhere. I also would be surprised to see Mal'Ganis as a final boss in one of the starting tiers seeing as how hes been build up so much. He started the plague that destroyed Lordaeron, could fight Arthas fairly evenly 1v1, and might even possibly have Frostmourne fragments.
    The lore states that ALL the Man'ari Eredar were bestowed power on them by Sargeras, only that Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden were already the strongest so they became even stronger as all the Man'ari were transformed into demons.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

I bet the next expansion will be burning legion and I wouldn't bet against me...

I'm always on the winning side.

i think we should go for Sageras directly when he manifests at Argus, between him and us should stand not only the burning legion and Kil'jaeden but all of the TITANS. Why not do it, every following xpack after mop could be the last one as wow is so old. Sageras was confronted quite some times and beaten, and somehow, the story is still going on! duh!

Sargeras will make an appearance, level 100 will be cap. Def going to be Burning Legion, maybe even a new "continent" like outlands. Realistically the expansion might be about rebuilding the Horde. Havent been much hints towards the story line going towards any specific plot points.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Wouldn't that be a downgrade though considering the final boss of tbc was K'J and dread lords are beneath him on the power scale? :P Also isn't K'J still alive and well?
    Do remember we didn't kill KJ, just banish him back to the nether.

KJ, acting leader of the Burning Legion, is probably going to be our level 100 boss. Because let's face it, we will never be strong enough to kill someone who's armor can blind us (Sargeras).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'jaeden wouldn't make a bad expansion boss.

I don't know that Xoroth could provide a full expansion alone - not that a world couldn't be large enough, but Xoroth is a Legion world, and they tend to be barren wastelands scorched clean of all life - it would get same-y after a while. Although they could opt to create a sort've Legion-ized ecosystem instead of making it blasted clean of life.

The Dreadlords' citadel we saw in WC3, described as 'somewhere in the Twisting Nether', could be on Xoroth and would make an excellent raid, possibly where we'll see Mal'Ganis.

Quote Originally Posted by ajc291 View Post
    Sargeras will make an appearance, level 100 will be cap. Def going to be Burning Legion, maybe even a new "continent" like outlands. Realistically the expansion might be about rebuilding the Horde. Havent been much hints towards the story line going towards any specific plot points.
    If and when sargeras shows up it wont be until the end of wow really. His the main antagonist to azeroth, the only planet he could not conquer.

Next xpac will center around one of his lt's and finally nzoth and azhara.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Do remember we didn't kill KJ, just banish him back to the nether.

KJ, acting leader of the Burning Legion, is probably going to be our level 100 boss. Because let's face it, we will never be strong enough to kill someone who's armor can blind us (Sargeras).

Yeah, but consider:

KJ the second time as an expansion Boss? He was allready the Endboss in TBC. How about Sargeras? I do not see the slightest problem with it. Sargeras was "killed" a few times allready. His Avatar was destroyed on Azeroth by Aegwynn, and next, he was destroyed while possessing Medivh. There is no reasion to believe we might face him in his full armor at his full power...i mean why you think this? If we face him next time, he will just be recovered and weakened, or use someone else. KJ should just be a "Boss", as well as Mal Ganis just of higher Raid Tier.

AND, we could face the Lich King again. Would be awesome, too. Bolvar could be consumed by the lichking powers and the lichking will be on the move once again. If you know diabloIIs story line in act2 you know what happens if a good man seals the evil away, the evil will overcome it at some time. Or should we believe Bolvar will just aid the forces on azeroth to fight the legion? Conquering azeroth first is still on the menue, i believe.

However, i hope the story will finally make great steps again with next xpack. Pandaria was kinda a dead end and major distraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nathrezim are the Lts of KJ so he would be the final boss. And they did not join so willingly. And as far as power they are powerful enough to have been conquering planets before the BL got to them.

The main bad guys would be Mephistroth and KJ. The Deceiver faction would be who we are fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Considering azshara had extremely strong links to the legion, I don't see why the two would even be in separate expansions.
    Yes, she did have links. And those links were broken when the Burning Legion betrayed her. Azshara is with N'zoth/Old Gods. She no longer wants anything to do with the Burning Legion, expect for maybe revenge.

IMO, there's not enough naga stuff to make a whole expansion on. It would get old extremely quickly. Considering we killed so many naga throughout the previous expacs.
    We've killed so many demons also, so why have another Burning Legion expansion? And by your logic dragons got old extremely quickly, as did undead, demons, and just about anything.
    Even with that being said, Azshara is one of the last powerful being on Azeroth, she could even be more powerful than KJ.

There's all sorts of potential with the legion. Considering they go to planets and basically enslave the races they encounter.
    And there's the complete ocean floor that has yet to be discovered. There's just as much stuff they could create for a Naga expansion that they could for a Legion expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think that the best lead in to the next expansion would be to have Garrosh, defeated by the forces at Orgrimmar, turn to the demons for aid (with the help of a warlock advisor perhaps) and renew the orc pact with the demons, becoming a fearsome Fel Orc general. Garrosh would then escape to Xoroth and we would spend the time between expansions preparing to follow him. He would be the first raid boss (and the first immeadiate threat would be his Kok'ron Fel Orc horde) but when he was defeated we would turn our attention to the Dread Lords and, later, Kiljadean.

I'm hoping next expac is about a war between the titans and the legion.

More specifically, the war has been ongoing amongst the cosmos, but the titans are losing.

They are forced to come to azeroth, both to help us and for us to help them.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yes, she did have links. And those links were broken when the Burning Legion betrayed her. Azshara is with N'zoth/Old Gods. She no longer wants anything to do with the Burning Legion, expect for maybe revenge.
    Every expansion is arguably an old god expansion, and there always seem to be naga.

I could see her as a secondary story amongst the legions, but it's seem quite frankly boring to have a sea based/old god expansion considering we sorta just had one.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-06-08 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oppressionix805 View Post
    maybe, also mal'ganis is back there in his homeworld again, but it seems like he is more on a grudge against the lich king and not azeroth itself, since the lich king betrayed him and he has yet to have his true revenge
    Would you be able to explain why Mal'ganis never had his reckoning with Arthas in Northrend like he promised at the end of Culling of Stratholme? I didn't play much during ICC but afaik he didn't play any role in the end of WotLK. Has that ever been explained?

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ajc291 View Post
    That's a good point about rebuilding the Horde. In a devchat or somewhere it was said that Alliance would end up a juggernaut over a weakened Horde. Maybe the next expansion is about rebuilding the Horde and the villain or at least culminating scenario is the Alliance overreaching in the wake of the Horde's defeat, leaving both factions weakened and paving the way for the Burning Legion invasion or whatever may come.

Wrathion planted the seed for a Burning Legion expansion, but I for one am not convinced yet that the next expansion will necessarily be the one. It may be the one after or even further down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    i think we should go for Sageras directly when he manifests at Argus, between him and us should stand not only the burning legion and Kil'jaeden but all of the TITANS. Why not do it, every following xpack after mop could be the last one as wow is so old. Sageras was confronted quite some times and beaten, and somehow, the story is still going on! duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    My wishes for the next expansion:

• 2 "new" races -> High Elves for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde
    • A new hero class -> Demon Hunter
    • 3 new levels
    • Outland revamped with 3 new unreleased zones
    • and many more things ...
    That might even pull me back into WoW.

Haha WoW stopped doing badass things ages ago. Don't count on cool names that the large public can't even pronounce.
    It will be some fluffy new panda island.

Mark my words.