View Poll Results: Which Expansion Was the Best?

Voters
657. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vanilla

43 6.54%
  • The Burning Crusade

226 34.40%
  • Wrath of The Lich King

282 42.92%
  • Cataclysm

26 3.96%
  • Mists of Pandaria

246 37.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WotLK. I have played just in WotLK, cata and MoP and WotLK was by far the best, then MoP which is slightly better than cata. In WotLK the game was new for me, had good raids and instances imo, a lot of miscellaneous stuff to do and brilliant PvP compared to cata and MoP at least.

Cata was just boring, had little content, bad to mediocre raids and horrible PvP, this made take a break a few times, the only time I took a break during WotLK was when the pre-cata shit occurred, and imo the game is always at it's worst during the pre-expansion stuff.

MoP is just slightly better than Cata, it has made me take a break already and the PvP is even worse now than what it was during cata. However, there is some other content which gives me something to do now and then so it keeps me playing as I lack other games to play. I give MoP a give minus for the asian theme as well, I just don't like it at all.

Stood in the Fire
    I loved the feel of Wrath. There were a lot of quest lines that were meaningfully building up to some major event. My character felt like the hero he was supposed to be. Plus, I just like the undead as a villain.

It's a tie between The Burning Crusade and Mists of Pandaria.
    What is worth fighting for?

TBC > Classic > MoP > WotLK > ... > Cataclysm.

going with MoP.
    Blizzard did not disappoint, and the dailies are not a bad thing.
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk - Orc Hunter - Troll Druid

Wrath for me, bit early to say MoP imo.

People are voting MoP because we're playing it right now.

Burning Crusade all the way for me. I suspect many were not around for it when it was current. I am surprised about MOP though, for me it has been the worst of all of them. MOP is the reason why I unsubscribed after 7 years of straight subscription. I also suspect people are voting that (MOP) in 2nd so far is because it is current and it justifies their now.

WotLK. Of course, there's still half of MOP left, it is very subject to change.

So TBC > Classic > Cataclysm > WotLK > > >>>> > .....>>>>>> MoP .

You should go look up most of the tbc talent trees tons of rng stuns and class could dip into other trees for more cc as well btw.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

tbc was the most fun in overall gameplay, pvp/pve/grinding, everything was just <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You must be new to WoW.
    The current expansion is always the worst one, according to players. Only after a new expansion has been released is it considered great, and the current expansion at that point becomes the worst.

Only exception is Cataclysm.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    Agree. If people could look past their personal preferences and be objective, it would be a much easier poll because the only thing on there would be TBC. c'est la vie, let the dregs of society remain in their cesspool of mediocrity and failure.
    What an ironic post, considering that the preference of TBC is purely subjective. You can't be objective in this case, it all depends on each person's preferences, if he likes his content easy or hard, if he likes it simple or complex, if he prefers quantity over quality, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I voted for it because I simply think it does everything better than the other expansions, with the exceptions of Heroic Dungeons. I've had my quarrels with past expansions while they were current, like Cata from 4.1-4.3, and I definitely didn't hold back on trashing WotLK either, and I still don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    You must be new to WoW.
    The current expansion is always the worst one, according to players. Only after a new expansion has been released is it considered great, and the current expansion at that point becomes the worst.

Only exception is Cataclysm.
    The only reason people aren't getting and won't be getting nostalgic over Cataclysm is because the loss of subs affect people's opinions so drastically. If subs had been going up people would already be talking about Firelands being one of the best raids ever, and how badass Deathwing was. That's why we probably won't see the typical "the expansion that was 2 times before the current one was the best" syndrome in the next expansion either, that and there weren't enough people who joined during Cataclysm to make it a big nostalgic act for the community.
    Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2013-03-25 at 07:23 PM.

I liked cata pvp the most and mist of pandaria pve has been really fun. Tbc had server crashes, bugged boss, resistance gear farming, pot farming, rng talents in pvp that randomly frozen you in place or just stunned. Legendary weapons, pve gear abuse, some spec and class not even being useful in a raid. Some spec in pvp having no use at all tbc was meh honestly. Professions not rewarding points when you created something, awful respawn rates and some quest drops took forever to obtain.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-03-25 at 07:25 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

BC, had a nice balance, gave people a way to "KIND OF" catch up in progression without killing old raids and gave you multiple reasons to get out in the world, like going to instances

I voted for The Burning Crusade. I've always loved the lore of Warcraft. Although I was introduced to the Warcraft series by Warcraft 3, this game inspired me to play the other two. Warcraft 3 and especially its expansion, The Frozen Throne, gave me an epic story which I still love to this very day. I still play Warcraft 3 from time to time, and I still love these stories.
    Needless to say, these stories made me want to play World of Warcraft. The Burning Crusade gave me many of the answers I thought of when I played The Frozen Throne and I found a true pleasure in helping downing The Betrayer, Kael'thas and Vasj. I also loved the way Blizzard introduced Kil'jaeden into Sunwell Plateu.

Now. I gotta admit that the other expansions, especially Wrath of The Lich King, has some epic stories as well. I love how we've finally seen the fall of Deathwing, the demise of Arthas Menethil and Ner'zhul, and the homeland of Chen Stormstout. But these stories do not, to me atleast, stand any chance of being as epic as the ones of Illidan Stormrage and the fall of the Blood Elves and Kael'thas.

Other than that, I loved the system of blacksmithing, tailoring and leatherworking having their specializations. Leveling blacksmithing to 375 on my rogue only to acquire Dragonstrike was something I, for some odd reason, enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    Agree. If people could look past their personal preferences and be objective, it would be a much easier poll because the only thing on there would be TBC. c'est la vie, let the dregs of society remain in their cesspool of mediocrity and failure.
    Objectivly each expantion was better than the previous one. The only thing that makes people think otherwise are personal preferences. I for once hated TBC because it was broken in so many aspects...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Objectivly each expantion was better than the previous one. The only thing that makes people think otherwise are personal preferences. I for once hated TBC because it was broken in so many aspects...
    may be a language barrier, but "newer = better" is false

sometimes newer = cheaper, better, worse, orange, etc

The Lightbringer Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Vanilla and WotLK