Poll: Which Expansion Was the Best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a tie between The Burning Crusade and Mists of Pandaria.
    What is worth fighting for?

TBC > Classic > MoP > WotLK > ... > Cataclysm.

Deleted
    going with MoP.
    Blizzard did not disappoint, and the dailies are not a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath for me, bit early to say MoP imo.

People are voting MoP because we're playing it right now.

Burning Crusade all the way for me. I suspect many were not around for it when it was current. I am surprised about MOP though, for me it has been the worst of all of them. MOP is the reason why I unsubscribed after 7 years of straight subscription. I also suspect people are voting that (MOP) in 2nd so far is because it is current and it justifies their now.

WotLK. Of course, there's still half of MOP left, it is very subject to change.

So TBC > Classic > Cataclysm > WotLK > > >>>> > .....>>>>>> MoP .

You should go look up most of the tbc talent trees tons of rng stuns and class could dip into other trees for more cc as well btw.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

tbc was the most fun in overall gameplay, pvp/pve/grinding, everything was just <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You must be new to WoW.
    The current expansion is always the worst one, according to players. Only after a new expansion has been released is it considered great, and the current expansion at that point becomes the worst.

Only exception is Cataclysm.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    Agree. If people could look past their personal preferences and be objective, it would be a much easier poll because the only thing on there would be TBC. c'est la vie, let the dregs of society remain in their cesspool of mediocrity and failure.
    What an ironic post, considering that the preference of TBC is purely subjective. You can't be objective in this case, it all depends on each person's preferences, if he likes his content easy or hard, if he likes it simple or complex, if he prefers quantity over quality, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I voted for it because I simply think it does everything better than the other expansions, with the exceptions of Heroic Dungeons. I've had my quarrels with past expansions while they were current, like Cata from 4.1-4.3, and I definitely didn't hold back on trashing WotLK either, and I still don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    You must be new to WoW.
    The current expansion is always the worst one, according to players. Only after a new expansion has been released is it considered great, and the current expansion at that point becomes the worst.

Only exception is Cataclysm.
    The only reason people aren't getting and won't be getting nostalgic over Cataclysm is because the loss of subs affect people's opinions so drastically. If subs had been going up people would already be talking about Firelands being one of the best raids ever, and how badass Deathwing was. That's why we probably won't see the typical "the expansion that was 2 times before the current one was the best" syndrome in the next expansion either, that and there weren't enough people who joined during Cataclysm to make it a big nostalgic act for the community.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-03-25 at 07:23 PM.

I liked cata pvp the most and mist of pandaria pve has been really fun. Tbc had server crashes, bugged boss, resistance gear farming, pot farming, rng talents in pvp that randomly frozen you in place or just stunned. Legendary weapons, pve gear abuse, some spec and class not even being useful in a raid. Some spec in pvp having no use at all tbc was meh honestly. Professions not rewarding points when you created something, awful respawn rates and some quest drops took forever to obtain.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-03-25 at 07:25 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

BC, had a nice balance, gave people a way to "KIND OF" catch up in progression without killing old raids and gave you multiple reasons to get out in the world, like going to instances

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    Agree. If people could look past their personal preferences and be objective, it would be a much easier poll because the only thing on there would be TBC. c'est la vie, let the dregs of society remain in their cesspool of mediocrity and failure.
    Objectivly each expantion was better than the previous one. The only thing that makes people think otherwise are personal preferences. I for once hated TBC because it was broken in so many aspects...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Objectivly each expantion was better than the previous one. The only thing that makes people think otherwise are personal preferences. I for once hated TBC because it was broken in so many aspects...
    may be a language barrier, but "newer = better" is false

sometimes newer = cheaper, better, worse, orange, etc

Deleted
    Who from here remenber when +1y ago there were threads like this and WotlK was largely considered the worst xpac ever? Amazing turn of events to see it now considered the best xpac.

Gotta love the internet

P.S vanilla an xpac? ok ...
    Last edited by mmoc349aaf9315; 2013-03-25 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    Who from here remenber when +1y ago there were threads like this and WotlK was largely considered the worst xpac ever? Amazing turn of events to see it now considered the best xpac.

Gotta love the internet
    Siege Weapons + Uldular + DK + Storyline of epic proportions + novel = best expansion that ever hit WoW.

Hard choice between WotLK and MoP for me.

WotLK had amazing background and scenery. The whole "Vrykul" lore and art design was just marvellous. Also, WotLK featured my favourite raid instance - you guessed it, Ulduar - favourite boss encounter - Malygos, and was very alt friendly. Besides, it was before the LFR era, and for me it was pugging at its finest.

MoP on the other hand is an amazing expansion just by the sheer amount of content. There is simply a lot to do, no way to get bored unless you choose to. The raid encounters are memorable and fun as well, the lore and story progression (besides the change of Garroshes character, hate that) is great, and the fact that Blizzard seems to be keeping the word of releasing content nicely and smoothly is amazing.

So, hard pick, but will go with MoP.