Poll: Which Expansion Was the Best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    i wonder if all those who voted for MoP have even played longer than a year to KNOW what the others were like in their own time.???
    I'm fine with MoP in a lot of ways: class changes, rotations, I can even live with the pandas. The dailies were overdone but they seem to have learned their lesson. I just have a problem with the normal mode raids which seem...extreme for normal. Can't see how that is helping people graduate past LFR. I'd go back to LFR or leave the game if I walked into a normal now.

Mop has the potential to be the best expansion yet they just need to bring back 10/25 man separate lockouts and remove some instant cc from pvp. Ranged need to cast more and so do healers then this will be the best expansion so far. They have already scrapped most of the rng out of pvp as well as almost completely removed pve gear from pvp.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

How shocking. Another "best WoW expansion" thread where Wrath is on top, despite all the people with rose colored glasses crying to bring back BC and the laughable Vanilla

If you go by subscription numbers, Wrath was the best with 12 million players playing by the end. Even with the 1 year lapse in new content after ICC was released, Wrath still grew to 12 million players.

Subs have been shedding (and will continue to do so) because Blizzard continues to fail to duplicate what made Wrath a success.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you had asked me this question some time ago, I would have answered Wrath based on the lore. After seeing two patches from Mists and small amounts of datamined 5.3 info, I have to say I changed my mind. Of course I'm not judging based on lore alone, but lore was what gave Wrath the edge back in 5.0 and 5.1 for me. That has changed, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath > MoP > Cata > TBC

I have found myself overwhelmed during MoP and haven't played 5.2 for more than a day. Maybe I've just run out of fun things to do.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In order least to best: Cata < MoP < BC < Wrath

And yes, that's my final answer.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

TBC but I think all the people who love it forget one thing about it.

THE FUCKING LAUGHING IN SHATTRATH. It made me so insecure

BC >slightly> MoP > WotLK >>>>>>>>>>>> Cata
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

For raiding: BC > Wrath > Cata = MoP

MoP isn't done yet, but overall I didn't think Tier 14 was that good.... but then again, tier 13 was completely awful and tier 12 was garbage outside of heroic Rag, which is unfortunate considering how fun tier 11 was (albeit too long).

For PvP: BC >> Wrath >>>>>>>>> Cata >> MoP

IMO the longer the game has been out, the worse PvP has gotten. I understand it wasn't balanced much at all for most of BC and Wotlk, but unbalanced PvP is still a ton better than what we have today.

Since all I really care about it raiding and PvP, my opinion ends there. I am sure there are tons of people who care about lore and questing and achievements and _____ that will disagree with me.... and I am sure there are even more people who never actually played (or raided or PvPed... despite what they say) during BC who will disagree with me.

For me personally it was TBC, but that's just because I had an awesome guild with awesome people to play with back then.
    Now I can't commit to raiding anymore because of my work.

Deleted
    WotLK is on top, as it should be. Great landscapes and fitting atmosphere. But how the hell is MoP second??

Vanilla isn't an expansion.....

Wrath > BC > Cata > MoP. Just my two cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    i was never an "elite" player, and never aspired to such.
    i stand by my viewpoint though, that imo the game has gone far too casual.

again, if its something you want, you're willing to put in the work to get it. you made my whole point for me: if a recruit is not up to par on gear/attunement, then you already know they arent worth your time.

see? i just saved you a lockout period with a failed recruit.
    Not having an attunment doesn't mean someone is a bad player. Not having the gear doesn't mean someone is a bad player. Most of those with gear and attunments were a huge failures. Having time to play or switching guilds didn't mean someone had skill or was valuable for the guild. Therefor it's better to not have any artifitial blockers for the raid spot and let ONLY your skill decide - this is how it works nowadays.

Also, I see you prolly never really touched recruitment process. I was a guild leader and TBC model was the biggest guild leading nightmare ever.

Wrath of the Lich King, no doubt.

That expansion was almost perfect, Huge raids, very well tuned dungeons, great environment, excelent lore, catch up dungeons when needed, excelent execution of hard modes, non-raiders content, everything.

Blizzard lost their compass after that, Cata was terribly tuned at the begginning and was dull at the end, they made the same mistake that they are doing now in MoP, they are focusing on one aspect of the game and ignoring the others.
    MoP is as bad as Cata and i would say its even worse. MoP effectively killed World of Wacraft and turned into World of Dailycraft.

TBC was good, but not as perfect as Wrath.

Wrath>>>TBC>>>>>>>>>Cata>>MoP

TBC > MoP > WoTLK >> Cata.

Both PvE and PvP was so much better/fun in TBC than it was in WoTLK.
    Feels like the raiding aspect of MoP is almost on par with TBC but the dungeons are not as difficult and fun as in TBC, but challenge mode made up for that.

Deleted
    Classic was the best period, not for its features nor for its content. It was the best because the game was new to us all, an unexplored world of massive scale, the first MMO for many of us. That feeling will never return in subsequent expansions.

As for the best expansion, I would have to say Cataclysm. It blew new life into an entire segment of the world (1-60) making alts more fun than ever. Not to mention Raid finder and Transmog are the best thing since sliced bread for those of us playing WoW for our casual gaming fix.

I can agree that the raids in TBC or WoTLK may have been more intense, and my favourite moments were spent downing Yogg-saron in Ulduar. I do not have time for guild raid shenannigans however, so Cata's features all in all steal the cake.

WOTLK for me.

MOP is cool, but it doesn't feel like an expansion to me. Nobody really hangs out in the MOP zones, and we are almost done with the MOP continent already.

Not to mention, I feel the raids are awful. There is little to no lore, you can't explore the areas, the art isn't good, there is no really cool unique audio work, there is no epic intro or cut scenes. It is boss, boss, trash, boss and repeat. All pretty cookie cutter. Even Lei Shen, who is the last boss of the MOP continent. Is that Ulduar quality, the second to last raid in WOTLK? Is it ICC quality? The answer to both is no, yet it's the best raid in this expansion.

What about the "main city" or area of the expansion. Does it compare to Dalaran?

Don't get me wrong, I like MOP a lot, I just feel WOTLK is in a tier of it's own. Ulduar alone gets it the title.
    Last edited by Titan; 2013-03-26 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Permanent Ex-WoW player as of 3/25/2013.
    Cause: Tri-Spec
    Really?
    This must be the funniest reason i have read to justify quiting WoW

Why dont you just say your are bored of it ..it makes much more sense then "Tri-spec".

MoP i have nothing more to add.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like all expansions except cata. Cata was a disappointment but I enjoyed every other part of wow so far.