Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Warcraft vs WOW. How do you see yourself as a player

Ever since the beginning of WOW players have gone back and forward on which faction was better for different reasons. I personally have enjoyed both factions since Warcraft 2 and always felt that Warcraft even though it was the root of WOW doesn't have the same player base. I have meet alot of WOW players who never played Warcraft and people who will never play WOW because they say it isn't really Warcraft. Now I have played both sides of all three Warcraft games and both sides in WOW with my favorite Alliance heroes still being Lothar and Turalyn while on Horde side I love Doomhammer and Thrall.

I consider myself a Warcraft player not a WOW player because I just see no need to play and support only half a story, but I do want to Know do you consider yourself more a Warcraft player or a WOW player.

I guess I am Warcraft player. I played WC3 and WoW. I have never played WC1 and WC2 when they were popular. WC3 was a great game but I think it was right decision for Blizzard to bring WC franchise to MMORPG. SC/SC2 have always been superior to WC in general as RTS games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im both. I enjoyed all of the warcrafts and world of warcraft.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

Played both sides since Warcraft 1. I always considered myself more Alliance than Horde, but in WoW the people I started playing with were Horde on a Horde dominated realm so now I'm mostly Horde. I have a toon of every race though. Eventually I'll have one of every class for each faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I guess I am Warcraft player. I played WC3 and WoW. I have never played WC1 and WC2 when they were popular. WC3 was a great game but I think it was right decision for Blizzard to bring WC franchise to MMORPG. SC/SC2 have always been superior to WC in general as RTS games.
    Warcraft 2 is the classic rts and Warcraft 1 is literally one of the earliest games of the genre coming out with the original C&C. As for the Starcrafts being better they are designed for large armies and warcraft is more squad based combat, but both are worth whiled experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnoyingRight View Post
    Warcraft 2 is the classic rts and Warcraft 1 is literally one of the earliest games of the genre coming out with the original C&C. As for the Starcrafts being better they are designed for large armies and warcraft is more squad based combat, but both are worth whiled experiences.
    Although they are different but they are both RTS game and Starcraft has more depth strategy wise.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Although they are different but they are both RTS game and Starcraft has more depth strategy wise.
    This is true Warcraft is more of a hero stomps the attacking army rts than a full strategy rts though

Starcraft is a direct outgrowth of Warcraft II, thus it was more sophisticated. Both are pure RTS. Warcraft III was a fusion of traditional Warcraft/Warcraft II and a hero based strategy game like Heroes of Might & Magic.

Personally while I liked Warcraft III, it never reached that zenith of perfection that Starcraft and the other Warcraft titles did, mostly because its compromised gameplay between the two genres meant it could do well at both but never truly excel at either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Warcraft. It was even the reason why I started following WoW back in 2003 and started playing during US Open Beta (even being European).

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 01:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AnnoyingRight View Post
    Second RTS ever made. An amazing evolution compared to Dune 2, we could select more than one unit at the time!