Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

So, it looks like once 5.3 hit, world PvP will officially be dead

Top level PvP gear will be at a disadvantage to top level PvE gear, and PvE'rs literally all run past eachother so they can get their quests dont quicker.

Looks like world PvP is done.

Also, if they normalize gear is certain PvP locations, things will get even more ridiculous. It's Blizzard pretty much saying "you must world PvP here". Some of the best world PvP encounters I've had have been out in the world. I was levelling my mining once in Burning Steppes, and came across a pally who was doing the same. We kept fighting that spanned over two zones, he called a few of his friends, I called a few of mine. It was a fight that lasted like 2 hours.

He was a super geared PvE pally and I was a mediocre geared PvP player. If this encounter were to happen in 5.3, I'd have no chance at killing him and he'd wreck me.

Mod edit: There's no need for flaming.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-03-27 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolvy View Post
    Top level PvP gear will be at a disadvantage to top level PvE gear, and PvE'rs are carebears who literally all run past eachother so they can get their quests dont quicker.

Looks like world PvP is done.

Also, if they normalize gear is certain PvP locations, things will get even more ridiculous. It's Blizzard pretty much saying "you must world PvP here". Some of the best world PvP encounters I've had have been out in the world. I was levelling my mining once in Burning Steppes, and came across a pally who was doing the same. We kept fighting that spanned over two zones, he called a few of his friends, I called a few of mine. It was a fight that lasted like 2 hours.

He was a super geared PvE pally and I was a mediocre geared PvP player. If this encounter were to happen in 5.3, I'd have no chance at killing him and he'd wreck me.
    Good cause the best days of world pvp was when pve gear was dominating

10+ Year Old Account
    I say we just wait and hear what they say in the blog
    Last edited by Joeygiggles; 2013-03-25 at 01:53 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    *ganking will be dead

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    *ganking will be dead
    Ganking was part of the game, just saying.

But that's beside the point. PvE gear will dominate PvP gear in world PvP. That sentence alone just makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it ever alive? I mean since like BC?
    I like sandwiches

But that's beside the point. PvE gear will dominate PvP gear in world PvP. That sentence alone just makes no sense.
    You dont really know that yet. Dont assume.

World pvp has been dead since Wotlk came out. It is a good thing that ganking will diminish, nobody likes being ganked and the ppl who like doing it are a minority, nobody cares about minorities. Pvp in general is dying the game hasnt been this bad ever, so honestly it wouldnt hurt if theres less ppl ganking out there.

not rly. Cuz pvp gear will most likely still have resilience on it but not on all pices. "Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear."
    And pvp gear has pvp power so if you face a pve player in the world you will blow him up much faster than he will blow you up.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

yes, but glad's running around killing pve geared people is no more fun that level 90's killing level 10's, and no more challenging either. now if im in my pve gear (which makes questing considerably quicker) i can at least hold my own when i get jumped by a rogue. will i still die? yeah probably. im not that great at pvp and even if i was getting jumped rarely ends well. but at least i get to have my say

I don't get it, PVP Power will still trump PVE stats so in equivalent gear a PVP player will do more damage. Not to mention you'll actually have a PVP trink equipped which makes far more of a difference (seriously, just bake the CC breaker into classes baseline and stop with this trinket hanky panky already).

That's awesome, pity that in all the years I've played this game I've never had an experience like that. I just get ganked by someone I can't possibly beat and then poof! they're gone before I can get an alt there to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Oh definitely. It was at it's peak in vanilla/BC, though. But at the same time, a lot of people seem to think world PvP has to be a large group of people attacking a city or some big epic battle. I don't see it like that. I just see it as a fight starting out in the world, and back in those xpacs, being out in the world was much more common than it is now.

On my rogue I stealthed into the Deeprun Trams though SW once. I ganked an 85 (this was in cata) waiting for a tram. When he rez'd he went for me. I got onto a tram to Ironforge and ran. Long story short, we ended up outside Ironforge in Dun Morogh fighting. I got my friend to come help, then alliance came to help him, and it turned out to be pretty big.

It doesn't always have to be some organised raid of a city or something, it can just be something small. As long as there are people keeping it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you normalize gear in specific areas, that levels the playing field for people who normally don't participate in world PvP much. That means they will be winning once in a while when they get attacked, and at least hanging in there if they are willing to put up a fight. Thus introducing them to the feel of competition with other players instead of just against the game itself. The result will be more people interested in world PvP, not less.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Yeah, I mean i hate it when I get killed by people in PvE gear.... wait, that never happens.

stop with these 'sky is falling' threads, it's not.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't get it, PVP Power will still trump PVE stats so in equivalent gear a PVP player will do more damage. Not to mention you'll actually have a PVP trink equipped which makes far more of a difference (seriously, just bake the CC breaker into classes baseline and stop with this trinket hanky panky already).

That's awesome, pity that in all the years I've played this game I've never had an experience like that. I just get ganked by someone I can't possibly beat and then poof! they're gone before I can get an alt there to help.
    Without a doubt the best PvP was during vanilla (and possibly BC). My friends and I spent countless hours at Crossroads (we were alliance at the time) PvPing. I don't think we were even 60. People would ALWAYS come to defend. And when a 60 turned up we'd freak out and have to all work together to kill them.

Even once we were all 60, world PvP was still great. You could go to any zone and there would be fights happening. Zones you probably forget are even there, like Eastern Plaguelands, Winterspring, Tanaris etc. There would always be PvP happening outside instance entrances, as you couldn't just port in, you had to physically walk into it. Guards were nowhere near as powerful as they are now, so you could realistically go into Ironforge as horde and hold your own for a while. A lot of it was ganking, but ganking can be fun. Ganking a level 20 as a level 90 over and over is boring (unless they bring their main). But sneaking into Ironforge as a rogue with my rogue friend, and timing an opener on a guy inside the bank and then vanishing and bailing, only to see everyone freaking out, yelling shit out and spamming AoE everywhere. It was really fun.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    If you normalize gear in specific areas, that levels the playing field for people who normally don't participate in world PvP much. That means they will be winning once in a while when they get attacked, and at least hanging in there if they are willing to put up a fight. Thus introducing them to the feel of competition with other players instead of just against the game itself. The result will be more people interested in world PvP, not less.
    Yeah, but did you read the rest of my post? I just don't like Blizzard pretty much telling me where I have to world PvP. It should be spontaneous. I should be able to go out to STV and start attacking a city, and if a super geared PvE player turns up, I don't want to be at disadvantage due to my PvP gear. No one's ever looking for world PvP anymore anyway, it's p crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Good cause the best days of world pvp was when pve gear was dominating
    Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    *ganking will be dead
    No it wont, people will merely use PvE gear and roflstomp people in PvP gear because they outgear them by !50! ilevels.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Yes, around here it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    PvE players will have the same resilience PvP players do overall with miniscule differences. PvE players will have VASTLY higher stats because they have 30-50 ilevels over PvP players and an insignia is easy to get. That means if you want to participate in world PvP you'll need PvE gear something that should never happen.

Someone is getting ganked and asking for help, you see some PvE players raid a city, you see some PvE player ganking or engaging in world pvp? If you wear PvP armor, run, just run. You're going to be stomped by them. Great design.

That's awesome, pity that in all the years I've played this game I've never had an experience like that. I just get ganked by someone I can't possibly beat and then poof! they're gone before I can get an alt there to help.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it isn't bad as people think :

1. People with heroic raid gears are really, really tiny minority
    2. Among 1, the percentage of people interested in PVP is smaller (People who don't do PVP will not be able to kill you just because they have heroic raid gears - Many of them are keyboard turners, use 1234567890-= and mouseclicks the rest, don't use skills that are not related with increasing DPS, and doesn't know the existance of medallions)
    3. Even less people gem/enchant heroic raid gears in PVP stuff are minority
    4. People who do all of that probably have no real life, which is probably fair trade for WPvP dominance

Only real serious problem I see is invincible blood DKs.

I do hope they fix the problem, but I won't be angry if they don't because the patch solves bigger problem; and furthermore, the PvE gear will dominate anyway even without the patch.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-03-25 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    World PvP died with the introduction of Battlegrounds.
    No wait, with best gear coming from arenas.
    No wait, with flying mounts.
    No wait, with resilience.
    No wait, with mass summons.
    No wait, with base resilience.

People are just mad that they can't own someone with 0 skill just because they have no PvP gear.

A shit part of the game.

When I rolled on a PVP server I wanted to do some Player versus Player. Not Player versus Impenetrable Wall of Gear and/or Levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    World PvP died with the introduction of Battlegrounds.
    No wait, with best gear coming from arenas.
    No wait, with flying mounts.
    No wait, with resilience.
    No wait, with mass summons.
    No wait, with base resilience.

People are just mad that they can't own someone with 0 skill just because they have no PvP gear.
    Thank god, someone finally said it. These so called "definitive death of x" threads are as stupid as they are ignorant.