10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Power shot or Barrage for PvP?

I've been trying to get back into PvP after a 9-month break, and I'm trying to get back into PvP on my BM hunter.
    So i'm kinda clueless as to what is good in PvP and what isen't(be it classes or talents).

But my biggest problem at the moment is that I just can't figure out whether powershot or barrage is better for (random) BG's. They seem to do the same amount of damage.
    So which one is better? and more importantly, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Glaive Toss because it's cheap, cast and forget (unlike the other two which are channeled) and causes a slow. But if I had to pick between those two I'd prolly say Power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    I prefer Glaive Toss because it's cheap, cast and forget (unlike the other two which are channeled) and causes a slow. But if I had to pick between those two I'd prolly say Power.
    What is it that makes powershot better than barrage? especially since it has a longer cooldown.

Powershot deals more burst damage than barrage. The knockback is amazing, especially for random bgs. I would look at either powershot for the damage/knockback or glaive toss for the damage/snare. Barrage just doesn't have a "niche" that the other two do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Powershot, since its a simple cast time, and always hits the main target in one burst of damage, is the main one to use. Why? A) It deals all its damage at once. In PvP, your ability to kill an opponent before he can properly react is key B) It knocks the target back, and C) it costs 20 focus, allowing for more follow up burst on the target.

Barrage is inferior to even Glaive Toss due to a) it takes a bit of time to do its damage, and b) it has no secondary affect, but is rather an AoE spread, which the other 2 talents also have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I like powershot. It has lovely damage when it crits (150kish) and its fun to knockback not just one, but multiple people.

Ive even started using it as an opener..

Scatter > powershot > web then just lay into them xD they are like 30% hp by the time they even get to me..

It's very useful aswell in capture games, like on the BS flag, if somebody is trying to cap.. knock back everyone in the area.

for bonus fun?

Glyph Explosive trap.
    spec BM. get a Rhino
    spec powershot.

3 knockbacks!

50 points for a rhino toss back.
    150 points if you can make them land on a trap and go back further
    1000 points if you can then powershot them back even further.
    1 million points and 3 internets if you can readiness and repeat 2/3 again.

5 knockbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I like powershot. It has lovely damage when it crits (150kish) and its fun to knockback not just one, but multiple people.

Ive even started using it as an opener..

Scatter > powershot > web then just lay into them xD they are like 30% hp by the time they even get to me..

It's very useful aswell in capture games, like on the BS flag, if somebody is trying to cap.. knock back everyone in the area.

for bonus fun?

Glyph Explosive trap.
    spec BM. get a Rhino
    spec powershot.

3 knockbacks!

50 points for a rhino toss back.
    150 points if you can make them land on a trap and go back further
    1000 points if you can then powershot them back even further.
    1 million points and 3 internets if you can readiness and repeat 2/3 again.

5 knockbacks.
    All off LM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Powershot for sure. PvP is all about burst and powershot gives you, by far, the most burst. Barrage should never be used in PvP, it really is not viable, especially when compared to both powershot and glaive toss. Though powershot has a longer cast time, it makes up for it with a massive damage output, knockback, and also when you pop rapid fire it makes it much more manageable.