10+ Year Old Account

Corsair 600T (special white edition) and a H100i

Trying to read up about the Corsair 600T Special white edition. Comes with 200mm front intake fan, 120mm rear, and a 200mm top.
    If I wanted to put in a H100i, it seems that the top 200mm has to go. Read around and seems that many have had problems with the
    top mounted radiators, Some have to push the fans onto the top of the 600T.

Anyone out there have experience with the 600T? With the H100i? And still fumbling my way through deciding on my new system. I'm
    wondering is the H100i, the stock 200mm in the front, and the rear 120mm is plenty of cooling. Planned system is something like:

i7-3770k
    ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    H100i
    16GB DDR3
    gigabyte gtx 670
    256GB SSD
    1TB raid1
    850watt PS (room to grow 2nd gtx 670 if needed)

Not hard core gamer, but might indulge. But will be doing lots of video renedering and transcoding, so I'd expect the CPU to stay
    quite busy.

Is that reasonable cooling? I have no idea ..
    thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    good place to start unless someone knows first hand. They use a Corsair H70 instead in their Thermal Performance test.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Deleted
    http://www.corsair.com/blog/installi...graphite-600t/
    Same demensions so yea it will fit. Fans on top, rad in case.

Some people have been able to fit a proper push/pull (rad and push fans mounted inside the case and pull outside) system using the H100 and the 600T, but that all depends on the placement of your memory and your MoBo heatsinks. There are however many options you could look at.

Some people run a proper push pull set up with a slim fan pushing on the front half where the memory is for clearance. All fans blowing upwards, but you could reverse the fans and have them push/pull into the case (I would recommend modding your case if taking this route).

I've seen people put the rad on top (which required modding your case) and mounted the fans inside pushing out.

You could mount the rad inside and the fans outside (pushing into the case). This method does show advantage of pulling fresh cool air from outside into the case. I would still recommend that you mod the case getting rid of any of the mesh structure that may interfere with your airflow into the rad.

If none of these options satisfy you, I would suggest you look at the H80i instead if you still wish to take the closed loop route. You would then keep your 200mm fan on the top (200mm fans are nice since they move massive amounts of air at low RPM keeping them a lot quieter than 120mm.

There are still air coolers that perform just as well. Tests have shown them to be competitive to the H100 depending on settings sometimes performing better and sometimes worse, but always within minimal differences. Specifically the Noctua NH-D14 and the Phanteks PH-TC14PE (Phanteks is available in different colors).

One last note: If you plan on going the closed loop route, you should use SP (Static pressure) fans as they keep the airflow concentrated rather than spreading out in a cone shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Some people have been able to fit a proper push/pull (rad and push fans mounted inside the case and pull outside) system using the H100 and the 600T, but that all depends on the placement of your memory and your MoBo heatsinks. There are however many options you could look at.

Some people run a proper push pull set up with a slim fan pushing on the front half where the memory is for clearance. All fans blowing upwards, but you could reverse the fans and have them push/pull into the case (I would recommend modding your case if taking this route).

I've seen people put the rad on top (which required modding your case) and mounted the fans inside pushing out.

You could mount the rad inside and the fans outside (pushing into the case). This method does show advantage of pulling fresh cool air from outside into the case. I would still recommend that you mod the case getting rid of any of the mesh structure that may interfere with your airflow into the rad.

If none of these options satisfy you, I would suggest you look at the H80i instead if you still wish to take the closed loop route. You would then keep your 200mm fan on the top (200mm fans are nice since they move massive amounts of air at low RPM keeping them a lot quieter than 120mm.

There are still air coolers that perform just as well. Tests have shown them to be competitive to the H100 depending on settings sometimes performing better and sometimes worse, but always within minimal differences. Specifically the Noctua NH-D14 and the Phanteks PH-TC14PE (Phanteks is available in different colors).

One last note: If you plan on going the closed loop route, you should use SP (Static pressure) fans as they keep the airflow concentrated rather than spreading out in a cone shape.

Is was actually my plan to use the H100i. Not sure if they are SP or not, and frankly not 100% sure on the difference from the H100. Its just one of the options presented to me. (not sure im doing the initial build of this system)

That said after watching quite a few youtube video... if I thought that cooling was an issue. I could end up with this, which I've not
    ready about, but seems obvious. use the 200mm intake on the front. the 120mm exhaust in the back. the H100i intake (read comment about using it as intake or exhaust). And the 200mm that was on the top could be placed on the mesh side panel of the 600T. And that could be what ever was needed. Exhaust if the top was intake. or it could be intake if the H100i was exhaust. Do know how long the fan
    cables are, but I presume they could reach.

I've not read that much about cooling. I plan on the asus p8z77-v deluxe (maybe just the -v but deluxe is plan for now). Not what where or how to determine the heat levels throughout the case to know if the components are getting hot.
    Last edited by jetguat; 2013-03-25 at 01:55 PM.

You do not want to use the 200mm on your radiator. You need to have as much of the fan focused directly through your radiator as possible which is where SP fans come into play (the ones provided with the H100i are). You also do not want to be simply pulling air through your radiator. If you only go with 2 fans then they need to be blowing into the radiator regardless of if it's into the case or out of it (out is better, but that's not saying it's a must).

The H100i is simply the new version of the H100. The H100i has better tubing, a better pump, better fan and power connections and has built in Corsair Link.

If you go the H100i route the only fans you need to worry about are the ones in the top of the case. The 200mm in front and the 120mm in the rear will be left alone. You shouldn't have any heating issues with this setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    You do not want to use the 200mm on your radiator. You need to have as much of the fan focused directly through your radiator as possible which is where SP fans come into play (the ones provided with the H100i are). You also do not want to be simply pulling air through your radiator. If you only go with 2 fans then they need to be blowing into the radiator regardless of if it's into the case or out of it (out is better, but that's not saying it's a must).
    Great info! thanks. I am a darker shad of green after watching a ton of youtube install video, or maybe I"ll just say I stayed at a holiday in.
    As I 've see vid's with both the 2x120mm fans pulling air through the H100i radiator (like you suggest not to) and I've seen them where they take
    outside air and blow into the case through the radiator.. into the case. I'm a software engineer, didnt have to take all the fluid power type of classes.
    so if i considered air flow from 2x120mm in through the top into the radiator, and the front 200mm pulling outside air also in. That does seem like a lot of
    air if the 1x120mm exhaust of the back handles all that. cool! but I know I dont know but the fallback is that that side window could be swapped
    with the mesh (not my initial config as I like the looks of the window).

Thanks for the input googz!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the exact same set up in push/pull. Its honestly a nightmare, if you look through my post history you can find the pics in the mega thread. I ended up cutting the hell out of the case and just leaving some fans sticking up the top which isnt the most aesthetically pleasing thing, though someday i might make a custom top piece if i get around to it to hide the fans.

edit: i have 2 fans in the front bottom pulling in, 1 on the side pulling in and the top and h100i exhausting. if you hook up 4 sp120s to your h100i it is going to be a very loud system. Mine was annoyingly loud so i ended up swapping to noctua fans and i lost some cooling but the noise is very low now.
    Last edited by Maruka; 2013-03-25 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I have the exact same set up in push/pull. Its honestly a nightmare, if you look through my post history you can find the pics in the mega thread. I ended up cutting the hell out of the case and just leaving some fans sticking up the top which isnt the most aesthetically pleasing thing, though someday i might make a custom top piece if i get around to it to hide the fans.

edit: i have 2 fans in the front bottom pulling in, 1 on the side pulling in and the top and h100i exhausting. if you hook up 4 sp120s to your h100i it is going to be a very loud system. Mine was annoyingly loud so i ended up swapping to noctua fans and i lost some cooling but the noise is very low now.
    Sorry. exact same setup? smile. There were a few setups discussed above. Start with stock (200mm front/bottom), 200mm top, 120mm rear.
    I believe my setup would be to replace the 200mm top with a H100i (intake). so I'd have the H110i+200mm as intake. the 120mm rear as exhaust.
    not sure with with an i7-3770+single gtx670 I would generate enough heat for push/pull on the h100i (though I thought I read there are some slim
    fans that could do that), or additional intake/exhaust.

So what's you setup? why did you need some much cooler? whats in that box needing that much cooling?

thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    For my money, I would go air cooling. The two listed above are top notch when considering quality, and don't have the issues of where to place the rad.

That or get a different case. There are plenty that have an offset at the top so that a rad will not hit the RAM heatsinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
    Sorry. exact same setup? smile. There were a few setups discussed above. Start with stock (200mm front/bottom), 200mm top, 120mm rear.
    I believe my setup would be to replace the 200mm top with a H100i (intake). so I'd have the H110i+200mm as intake. the 120mm rear as exhaust.
    not sure with with an i7-3770+single gtx670 I would generate enough heat for push/pull on the h100i (though I thought I read there are some slim
    fans that could do that), or additional intake/exhaust.

So what's you setup? why did you need some much cooler? whats in that box needing that much cooling?

thanks!
    Realistically speaking nothing needs the cooling. You would be more than fine leaving the stock 200mm fan in the front for intake and leaving the plastic panel on the side. After that you could easily just hook up the h100i rad in the case on the top with the 2 fans from it pulling air as exhaust(they would fit under the plastic top panel that comes off). You can hook up 12 mm fans inside on the bottom of the rad for push/pull with a bit of effort, i also tried that and it didnt give a massive temp drop for what it was worth.