Any tips/guides on how to beat a hunter as a rogue?

In 1 v 1 situations I often have difficulty with hunters. First of all, if they're camo'd in the middle of a flare, I don't really know how to approach them. Do I use CoS and go into the flare and cheapshot them? I can't sap them when they're camo'd so it's a real bitch.

Once they're cheapshotted and I domy opener on them, they usually just disengage web me, and I never know whether to smoke bomb or vanish. I usually have some kind of dot/hunters mark on me instantly, so vanishing is usually pretty difficult. Once smokebomb falls and I'm done with ST'ing them from inside it, I'm usually pretty lost on what to do.

You can sprint and cheap shot them and i am pretty sure camping flare is bad duel ettiquette but w/e. When he disengages root or stun him he will drop to the floor. Smoke bomb reduces damage taken by 20% now I think use it when he pop stampede.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

For arguments sake let's say it's a 1 v 1 in world PvP, so no duel etiquette. Whenever a hunter disengages I get webbed (due to the glyph/talent, forget which one it is). So I pretty much stand there Shuriken throwing. I always try to save my vanish for stampede.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the web, while its still glitched(its supposed to break) just pop evasion and ST spam him and use CP on recupe. AS you said, vanish > stampede.
    Save Shadowstep for after disengage, especially if he has root he can't disengage for 25 seconds afterwards. And while you are on him, lock him down with stuns. It's really just a dance of you two answering each other's cooldowns.

I don't understand this... duel ettiquette. there is no such thing. there is a winner and a loser. using every single one of your abilities to win is perfectly fine.

That is ridiculous. asking a hunter not to use one of his BEST abilities vs your class. it would be like saying to the rogue.. you cant use cripp poison vs me because its quite effective at beating me..

(and I say this as a rogue and a hunter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I don't understand this... duel ettiquette. there is no such thing. there is a winner and a loser. using every single one of your abilities to win is perfectly fine.
    I guess it comes down to what the purpose of your duel is. Most people seem to follow your line of thinking and do everything they can just to win because they think it reflects well on them. That's fine I guess, but I'll personally never duel someone I've seen bloodlust or LoH to win. The main thing I've never liked about duels is that it's an artificial encounter. These tryhards will blizzard, flare, hug his position, aoe spam, etc. only because they just saw where the rogue was mere seconds ago, which doesn't happen in any other instance of PvP. I don't really get the point either. Congratulations, you knocked the rogue out of stealth and ruined his opener or made him waste a cooldown. If you end up winning because of that, your win is a result of the structured and compact environment of the duel--something that would be a complete fluke in any real PvP.

Camping flare in camo is a weird call, though. I don't feel it's really cheating per se, but what it comes down to is that you're trying to mimic a realistic situation (or at least I am). In a battleground or arena, you'd end up opening on a different target rather than sitting like that forever. In world PvP, if you knew a rogue was about (obviously the only reason you'd sit like that), it would be easier to just mount up and leave. I'm of the opinion that rogues should get openers in duels because 90% of the time (outside of duels) that's just how it goes. It's the same thing as those warriors that sit on top of someone as a duel starts so they can save a gap closer--no PvP spawns enemies on top of each other like that.

The game lets you do whatever you want, so you're not really doing anything wrong by using OP CDs, potions, scummy tactics, etc., but what that means is you're using the duel as its own form of competition rather than basic practice for something that's actually balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I guess it comes down to what the purpose of your duel is. Most people seem to follow your line of thinking and do everything they can just to win because they think it reflects well on them. That's fine I guess, but I'll personally never duel someone I've seen bloodlust or LoH to win. The main thing I've never liked about duels is that it's an artificial encounter. These tryhards will blizzard, flare, hug his position, aoe spam, etc. only because they just saw where the rogue was mere seconds ago, which doesn't happen in any other instance of PvP. I don't really get the point either. Congratulations, you knocked the rogue out of stealth and ruined his opener or made him waste a cooldown. If you end up winning because of that, your win is a result of the structured and compact environment of the duel--something that would be a complete fluke in any real PvP.

Camping flare in camo is a weird call, though. I don't feel it's really cheating per se, but what it comes down to is that you're trying to mimic a realistic situation (or at least I am). In a battleground or arena, you'd end up opening on a different target rather than sitting like that forever. In world PvP, if you knew a rogue was about (obviously the only reason you'd sit like that), it would be easier to just mount up and leave. I'm of the opinion that rogues should get openers in duels because 90% of the time (outside of duels) that's just how it goes. It's the same thing as those warriors that sit on top of someone as a duel starts so they can save a gap closer--no PvP spawns enemies on top of each other like that.

The game lets you do whatever you want, so you're not really doing anything wrong by using OP CDs, potions, scummy tactics, etc., but what that means is you're using the duel as its own form of competition rather than basic practice for something that's actually balanced.
    I try to approach duels like I would arena. So no Bloodlust/Heroism, no lay on hands etc. If I entered an arena and saw two stealthers I'd definitely camp in a camo. It's part of my toolset, why not use it.

It never happens in a 1v1 open world or in a BG, but those are never balanced anyway. The rogue's target is almost inevitably caught with no CDs or in a bad position.