an idea to help aff/demo single target dps

glyph of corrupted power, boosts corruptions damage on a single target by 25% but if its applied to more than one target the boost is gone.

so thoughts?

Hmmm interesting. How about instead of a glyph they do something similar to earth wind and fire or w/e. The more mobs you have dots on the less damage your dots do overall. Maybe it should be a glyph though otherwise in pvp it would suck.

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with Affliction single target damage, its better than most of the classes.

Affliction doesn't need it.

Deleted
    Seems both unneeded and a silly way of going about it when they could just improve our single target damage via a none-convoluted way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was unaware that are single target dps needed buffing.

Deleted
    well, it kinda does and it kinda doesnt. affliction single target seem really underpowered when you have around ilvl 500 gear compared to other classes but it will catch up when you get around ilvl 522+. the nerf affliction got seems more to be bcoz of how well affliction scale with gear than nerfing multidotting as according to simcraft it catches up fast on single target, the real question is how well it scales next tier, if it still scales too well, i can certainly see another nerf incoming bcoz affliction almost scales impossibly well as gear gets better.

Deleted
    It isn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    bcoz affliction almost scales impossibly well as gear gets better.
    Impossibly sounds like a contradicting choice of wordage for what I believe you were trying to imply. Affliction scales really well with gear is what I think you meant

it could be my locks pve ilvl. (505 currently) but pvp wise it only hits for 2k on a full resil player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    Impossibly sounds like a contradicting choice of wordage for what I believe you were trying to imply. Affliction scales really well with gear is what I think you meant
    well i wrote "bcoz affliction almost scales impossibly well as gear gets better." the bolded part should be selfexplanitory but yeah, that was what i meant.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-03-25 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    glyph of corrupted power, boosts corruptions damage on a single target by 25% but if its applied to more than one target the boost is gone.

so thoughts?
    What? So for single target fight you get this mandatory 25% corruption boost glyph, and then just swap it out on multitarget fights? There is nothing wrong with afflictions single target damage. Or Demo's.