Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Shit I just bought it.

    I feel so giddy, but guilty at the same time.
    Why would you feel guilty about spending 160 dollars?

    Are you destitute?

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Bathory's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,852
    If you got the free money? Do it. You could be dead tomorrow. Enjoy.
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

  3. #23
    Given I bought the big Falcon for like $800 I laugh at your puny $160 Lego model! Muhuhahaha!

    P.S. Always sounds so weird to me when Americans refer to "Legos".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Given I bought the big Falcon for like $800 I laugh at your puny $160 Lego model! Muhuhahaha!

    P.S. Always sounds so weird to me when Americans refer to "Legos".
    what does the set do that makes it worth 800$?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what does the set do that makes it worth 800$?
    Most things expensive aren't 'worth' it really.

    If you have the money and you want something, just buy it.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Given I bought the big Falcon for like $800 I laugh at your puny $160 Lego model! Muhuhahaha!

    P.S. Always sounds so weird to me when Americans refer to "Legos".
    That's what they're called. What do you call them?
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I used to collect Star Wars figurines when I was a little kid. And back then, I was a very destructive person, and I'd always smash up my toys when playing with them. 12 years later, I still like them, but now I simply plan to build the models and display them on my desk.
    Collections and/or displays of something you cherish can't be given value by anyone other than yourself. If that kind of money won't drastically affect your quality of living than go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    That's what they're called. What do you call them?
    As far as I know, in Sweden we just call it "lego", regardless of whether you're talking about one piece or a box full of it. Maybe that's what he's talking about?

    My little brother got the Millennium Falcon for his birthday a few years back, it cost about €300, I believe.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  9. #29
    honestly if its just that minifigurine u want spend some time looking on ebay etc u will find one cheap

  10. #30
    Am I the only one that thought this thread was about a sex toy O.o?

  11. #31
    Pandaren Monk Silhouette of Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Y'ha-nthlei
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    or op could borrow it to me
    Allow me to be the first to say... what?
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

  12. #32
    I am Murloc! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jagged Pass
    Posts
    5,592
    You made a very bad deal.
    You could get it for £79.99.

    http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Sith-Fury...terceptor-9500

    But oh well merchant who sold it too you had too be very smart.

  13. #33
    Pandaren Monk Silhouette of Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Y'ha-nthlei
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    You made a very bad deal.
    You could get it for £79.99.

    http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Sith-Fury...terceptor-9500

    But oh well merchant who sold it too you had too be very smart.
    Depends. That still comes out to around $121. That's not including shipping costs, and waiting time while it finds it's way overseas. Also, that site looks like it may only ship to the UK.

    Although that one does come with a free promotional Republic Frigate.

    http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/LEGO-Star...0242?s=6023988
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

  14. #34
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U Aware?
    Posts
    28
    Do it OP!

    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Maybe you should make less threads and do more thinking about your own questions.
    Says the guy with 11k posts in two years.

  15. #35
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Ask yourself.

    Do you want to cry out in pure agony, once you step on a lego block from that set?

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    It is if you have hundreds of thousands of dollars to stimulate the economy. Spend it! Otherwise it is a colossal waste of money like 95% of all consumer goods.

  17. #37
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    16,225
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Ask yourself.

    Do you want to cry out in pure agony, once you step on a lego block from that set?
    He will probably blame Obama when doing it , but indeed it god damn hurts.
    It is the price to pay for the best toy ever
    Russia isn't afraid of US dude. That's why they are sending their bombers like 60km out of your shores. Infact they give 0 fucks. They know you wont dare to touch them.

  18. #38
    Scarab Lord StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,964
    I would say do it, OP. Two PS3 games are about the same prize and you play them for about 6 hours each or so -.-

    Granted, I still think Lego is something for children... but that shouldn't stop you from anything.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I would say do it, OP. Two PS3 games are about the same prize and you play them for about 6 hours each or so -.-

    Granted, I still think Lego is something for children... but that shouldn't stop you from anything.
    You might want to stop thinking that after you've seen some more of what you can do with LEGO. http://www.brothers-brick.com/ is a good place to start to get some idea . Loved LEGO as a child and I still do. Creative toys are the best and they last the longest. Not to mention a lot of old sets I bought were still the price if what they used to be (provided they are in decent condition). They retain there value very well.

  20. #40
    Scarab Lord StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    You might want to stop thinking that after you've seen some more of what you can do with LEGO. http://www.brothers-brick.com/ is a good place to start to get some idea . Loved LEGO as a child and I still do. Creative toys are the best and they last the longest. Not to mention a lot of old sets I bought were still the price if what they used to be (provided they are in decent condition). They retain there value very well.
    The thing about Lego is that it's not a toy in my eyes. Yes, you can create awesome things with them and I tip my hat to whoever builds crazy things like big ass death stars or live car replicas...

    but at the end of the day, this thing is useless. It just looks awesome, and the fun is all about building it. But actually PLAYING with it is not really possible if you do not go down on your knees, hold Darth Maul in your hands and make "Pew pew" sounds. And that's the childish part that I was talking about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •