Thread: Resto problems

Resto problems

Hey guys so we recently transitioned from 10 to 25m raids and I've been having all sorts of crazy problems. I read the other thread and some of it helped and some of it didn't and probably need another whack in the face for something i'm doing wrong. Healing with 3 Hpall 1 disc priest 1 resto druid. I also haven't been shaman healing for more than a couple weeks on a real scale, was asked to main change from a monk and would like to get it so i can keep up with the other guys.

Here are some logs for tortos as they are the most recent
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/w53bp5qeiu0jsh1l/

Here i figured i was only in the fray because i was getting bubbled and able to snipe a lot of healing, but i have had a hard time keeping up

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aurumai/simple

anything and everything you guys have to help me out will be very much appreciated, i'm really not used to being on the bottom and would like to feel stronger in my position as a shaman
    Last edited by Logan67100; 2013-03-25 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    I only took a look at try n.7.

Fight length: 3:47
    You used Healing Stream Totem once. You should have used it 8 times.
    You used Riptide 6 times. You should have used it ~37 times.

I'm sure other posters will point out other flaws in your play, but improving on these two points will increase your healing done by leaps and bounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also looked at try 7 because that was the longest, and what occurred to me is that your Healing Tide and Restorative Mists healing values are really low, despite there not being any overhealing with your Healing Tide. That leaves me totally puzzled. Did you recall your Healing Tide early? Restorative Mists also has really low overhealing on top of its low healing done. Weird log.

In any case, you could ask one of your pallys for a BoP during a Stomp so that you can Ascend pre-Stomp already, place a healing rain and throw some nicely big heals there. It's what we do in 10-man when our pally and I are two-healing Tortos

Also, what Xor said. Healing Stream is amazing, and with Totemic Recall, it's a free heal.

Riptide is also very important. Keep it up on tanks so as to provide them with Ancestral Vigor. You have 1 Riptide left to throw on other people.

Make sure to Unleash Elements always prior to casting Healing Rain (you used UE a few times, so I'll just assume that you did that correctly already.) It just seems that your timing for healing rain is really off because it creates such a load of overheal.

Your glyph choices are on the debatable side. Cleansing doesn't make much sense ever (not even for Horridon).

Your reforging seems weird. You reforged into haste on your legs. Makes no sense, considering your haste rating. Reforge mastery -> spirit there. Your boots aren't reforged into spirit either. I take it you're going for maximum spirit as you've ignored socket bonuses for straight spirit gemming, so it makes no sense that you'd not reforge into spirit as well.

And get your new gear enchanted. You're still missing some enchants. ^^

My HTT will have little to no overhaling because i'm getting double BoP before stomps. The resto druid is getting one and then tranqing, then me with HTT and then me again with ascendance. Glyph was something i was trying on horridon in lfr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan67100 View Post
    My HTT will have little to no overhaling because i'm getting double BoP before stomps. The resto druid is getting one and then tranqing, then me with HTT and then me again with ascendance. Glyph was something i was trying on horridon in lfr
    You misunderstood me. Your HTT only healed for some 800k despite producing no overheals. My spider senses tell me that something isn't right there when I see my HTT heal 4.1 million divided by 2 (I used it twice in my last kill, and that's 10-man with way less people who could catch a heal off of it). So... around 2 millions of healing per HTT, with 12% overhealing. So... something is fishy here with your logs if you ask me. (I was not reforged into the 3764 haste breakpoint for an extra tick at the time my totems produced those numbers.)

And only some 290k from Restorative Mists seems kind of odd too. I used it twice in our last kill and got some 1.5 millions out of it. That's 750k per use.

And I'd really like to find out why there's so little effective healing coming from your CD-usage but at the same time, barely any overhealing. It just doesn't make sense.

Hmm I do see what you mean now and I honestly don't have a clue why it would be like that, HTT started right before stomp and went all the way through so it shouldn't have been that low if it had the chance to effectively heal 24 other people for 10 seconds

Both cds got clipped because he died.

I'm going to go ahead and say even if you play perfectly on Tortos and the 3 holy paladins play to your level and the disc priest plays the same.... You're going to lose to those 4 every time. Period. Although I do pretty decent on this fight vs. our holy paladin, he still beats me but it's hard to keep up. I never knew you could BoP rockfalls, i thought it was nature damage.

It is nature damage. The point of the BoP is to avoid the stun.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It may also be that you stood at max range and didn't heal the melee. ^^ Regarding your HTT.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work