Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Durumu 10 man Normal

Hello Folks

So I have a question regarding Durumu the Forgotten. My team had the first pulls on this encounter last night and we noticed that the active tank could be the target of Lingering Gaze (the purple voidzone stuff). Because you don't want those puddles in the middle when you're supposed to find a way through the maze it is advised to drop those on the outer ring of the platform.
    When I got those it was not a real big deal since as a Monk i could roll back in no time but the Dk I was tanking with sometimes had problems coming back to the boss in time before the next tanking debuff leading to unnecessary high stacks.
    So the question is if it is intended for tanks getting the Lingering Gaze debuff. I mean its not a big deal an not our greatest problem but its an annoyance.

Thanks in advance.

Killed it last night, never had that happen, also checked logs, for 26 try's, not once did it happen.

I got it once as an off-tank IIRC. The best thing to do is to drop it directly under the boss (so that the boss is standing in the purple voidzone). Saves you travel time.

Our tanks constantly got Lingering Gaze when we killed it. We simply had them go to max melee range and drop it there, since we experienced random gibs if they ran to the edge of the platform. It wasn't really a huge deal, if you come across one during maze phase (Rare, seeing as the maze is either closer to or further away from the boss than max melee range), you just wait an extra second and then jump over them. We found it wasn't really an issue, and not worth risking high tank stacks with taunts etc.

killed him twice, with a third kill tonight (tuesday) tanked every pull, maybe 25 total. never once got lingering gaze, neither did our OT. its definately not intended to go on tanks, i'd say you got a bug.

Deleted
    My guild also pulled this last night for the first, and did notice the same thing you did, we had quite a few attempts where I got Lingering Gaze ( Paladin Tank )

Best thing I could work out was to either drop it as far out as you can without leaving melee range ( just past the circle on the floor ) or run forward and get it right underneath the boss. I pretty much ended up doing the latter, and then hoping it would not target me again, if it did, out to the circle.

Our Warrior Tank also got it once or twice, think he just leaped away with it and charged back.

OT: First night on it, wiped with 8m health left on him on the 'final' attempt. FML.

10+ Year Old Account
    We only ever got Lingering Gaze on the Color Phase while the beams were active and as far as I remember, only on the OT.

At least I only got it when I wasn't tanking. Didn't have it even once while actively tanking in 20+ tries.

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapfour View Post
    killed him twice, with a third kill tonight (tuesday) tanked every pull, maybe 25 total. never once got lingering gaze, neither did our OT. its definately not intended to go on tanks, i'd say you got a bug.
    The 25 pulls that you had aren't exactly solid proof that it's not intended to go on tanks.

As others have said, we found it easiest to drop the pools directly under the boss, keeps the maze clear and means tanks aren't having to run back and forth to the edge.

Sounds dumb but are they role checking as a tank? Lingering gaze is not supposed to go on tanks (or at least i thought it wasn't). On our kill the tank or OT didn't get it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Sounds dumb but are they role checking as a tank? Lingering gaze is not supposed to go on tanks (or at least i thought it wasn't). On our kill the tank or OT didn't get it once.
    Role checking has 0 to do with mechanics or loot from tables via coins or LFR. Everything is driven by your current spec.
    Role check is used more for raid frame purposes and for putting groups together.

On topic: It can happen to the offtank definitely and possibly during a tank switch it could go on the person tanking the boss. I don't believe this is intended though, although this boss still has some weird things about it, just drop the puddle directly beneath the boss.
    Last edited by jearle; 2013-03-26 at 04:04 PM.

We 1 tanked this fight with a prot pala she only got that once. I need to upload the vid!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't want to multiply same topics, so I'll post in this one. Hopefully someone will reply to me as well as to OP.

My guild is "progressing" through 10m normal ToT and right now we're on Durumu. Main mechanic that has been wiping us so far is the life drain. During the phase after first disintegration beam, sometimes our tanks get the debuff and can't defend against the boss properly, or the stunned player gets targeted by force of will and is insta-killed.
    We don't have any dedicated people to tank the life drain beams, so far we've tried to use the free tank, hunter and the shadow priest, but obviously these people might not always be near the stunned player in time. So that's as far as we got.

Any advice on this issue (life drain), or in general on the fight would be appreciated.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Don't want to multiply same topics, so I'll post in this one. Hopefully someone will reply to me as well as to OP.

My guild is "progressing" through 10m normal ToT and right now we're on Durumu. Main mechanic that has been wiping us so far is the life drain. During the phase after first disintegration beam, sometimes our tanks get the debuff and can't defend against the boss properly, or the stunned player gets targeted by force of will and is insta-killed.
    We don't have any dedicated people to tank the life drain beams, so far we've tried to use the free tank, hunter and the shadow priest, but obviously these people might not always be near the stunned player in time. So that's as far as we got.

Any advice on this issue (life drain), or in general on the fight would be appreciated.
    We solved this by shouting in teamspeak. We got all 10 ppl there fighting for it at one try =D
    Probably not the best way, but it worked. (Everyone going for it, no fixed roles.)
    Link & personal coldowns for the fog(idk what its called, beam phase) also helped alot.

Did spend a full night on it. (37 attempts Damn you Disintegration beam). Had that happened on OT once. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiinji View Post
    We 1 tanked this fight with a prot pala she only got that once. I need to upload the vid!
    Same thing happened to me.
    Just take advantage of its huge hitbox, that whole thing is basically a non-issue.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2013-03-26 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

We got this kill last week as well. That is what I found to be the "tipping point" in that fight.
    To overcome the "I'm targeted by the knockback and I'm stunned" problem, we kept everyone SPREAD as much as possible unless they were being drained, this lowers the chance of the drain target being targeted by knockback significantly.... Just don't stand next to them while waiting to take your turn for drain.

Dropping void zones correctly ... Check
    Avoiding Knockback... Check
    Not Dying in maze phase... Check
    Flashlights pointed right? ... Check
    Last thing to do correctly is the flashlights as well as the light drain. This proved to be annoyingly difficult in a 10 man while trying to stay spread on the platform. Try stacking yellow and blue lights for the beginning of that phase to the side of the room that doesn't have the blue guy on it. Then you can have essentially half of your raid, if not more) all together. You have a good chance of one of them getting the drain and a lot of people in the beams already to eat some stuns.

In our raid we put our group like this :

Tank that is tanking + 2 healers: Blue
    Offtank + 3 melee : Yellow
    3 ranged: Red

We float based on who is targeted for the beams and when I call the person targeted by drain, I yell to them to move to the outer part of platform. This ensures a lot of room between the eyeball and the drain target to fit people in to soak a tick or two. The biggest thing we learned was to call out EXACTLY where you are when you get stunned like "Back of RED" or "Middle of BLUE" so that the next person to hop in knows right where to go.

Good luck, this boss was horribly annoying and after finishing we 4 shot Primordius.

EDIT: OP: Our off tanks were the only ones ever targeted by lingering gaze, we sent them outward on the platform since they should have been at max melee to start with.
    Last edited by royals; 2013-03-26 at 10:30 PM.

We have a rotation of 4 - 5 players and everyone else stays the fuck away from that person. If a person in the rotation is picked first we just bump it forward. Progress from 2 ranged to 2 melee because the knockback comes right after the drain usually.

Example: Our intended order Hunter -> Mage -> DK -> Monk (can roll)

But if the DK gets it first we go DK -> Hunter -> Mage -> Monk

Also, I'm pretty sure using 25% healing reduction and personal cds reduces the amount healed. I usually try and pop deterrence before taking the beam.

Deleted
    It seems to be bugged, it's never gone on either of our tanks in 10 man but on 25 it's always picking both out tanks, sometimes at the same time, definitely not intended imo

Deleted
    Both myself and my-tank have been targeted while tanking; though it hasn't happened a lot. It's easiest to just take a few steps forward and drop the void zone under the boss.

Deleted
    Yes, pools on the tank are common, what we did is, when it targets a tank, to just drop it UNDER the boss since nobody should be there anyway.