Poll: What do you think about the case?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    1. She should get less compensation, or rather, compensation should be provided in the form of, for example, therapy sessions and extra tuition for the school she missed. If these sessions would cause her to miss work, the school should cover her wages. I am against giving people a fixed amount.

2. Completely the school's fault. Any allegations of abuse must be taken extremely seriously. That is day one stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    If people say that it's the girl's fault because her clothes/looks provoked the rapist into doing it, I should be allowed to punch them because their stupidity provoked me.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

To right, the only thing not right about this, was it was so little to be paid,

What on earth process's a school not to take a allegation like that seriously in the first place

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the amount is kind of low for such abuse. I also would have been happier with the school officials being fired, but least she got something.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    What on earth process's a school not to take a allegation like that seriously in the first place
    50 gold says the guy was on a sports team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    50 gold says the guy was on a sports team.
    In Steubenville the whole fucking town was defending the sports team members. Police and everything.

While I completely support the girl and for it's own sake I think she deserves significant compensation, I'm not exactly thrilled at the prospect of taking great wads of cash from a public school which would potentially jeopardize the quality of education at the student body at large.

That said, I don't actually know how the payout works; if the money is coming from city discretionary funds and thus won't impact the student body much, then it's honkey dorey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I feel nearly obligated to lecture you on continuing to bring up these straw misogynists.
    Hmm.. Did you even check the poll results?

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    While I completely support the girl and for it's own sake I think she deserves significant compensation, I'm not exactly thrilled at the prospect of taking great wads of cash from a public school which would potentially jeopardize the quality of education at the student body at large.

That said, I don't actually know how the payout works; if the money is coming from city discretionary funds and thus won't impact the student body much, then it's honkey dorey.
    Probably a fair call that it'll come from a liability insurance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow $185K is a total joke for what she went through.

so basically, the school allowed her to get raped twice on it's property, punished her for being raped, and forced her to write an apology to her attacker for being raped by him.

this school should be paying her a lot more than $185k.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Damn. its easy to get infractions here. they hand em out left and right.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fucking nonsense, how many rape victims get a measly 100K after court?

Like someone said, the school must've had an amazing Lawyer.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    In Steubenville the whole fucking town was defending the sports team members. Police and everything.
    From personal experience the amount of power high school sports teams and the surrounding people wield in a small town is terrifying.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    From personal experience the amount of power high school sports teams and the surrounding people wield in a small town is terrifying.
    Privilege in athletics at schools is also prevalent in mid size towns in cities.

I personally was a football player/wrestler in HS and I had some privilege during my tenure along with others

10+ Year Old Account
    Her parents were morons for settling for that much.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Don't think you can even get money if you sued someone for that in Denmark... fucking US and their "Sue everyone for everything and get rich".
    ...That sounds more like Denmark's problem.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone at the school who dismissed her claims and failed to follow the LAW on reporting, should be fired and barred from working in education or with children forever.

I'm not big on huge monetary payouts, money doesn't make problems go away.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I think her court costs and tuition should be paid to go to another college of her choice, but thats about all i can justify her getting.

The penalty seems horribly low. That poor girl is the epitome of a victim. She was victimized by the boy AND she was victimized by the school that was supposed to help and protect her. What she endured is little less than mental and emotional torture.

Honestly, and I've said this before, "juvenile" rapist should be tried as adults. Every school teacher and official that was made aware of the rape, and abuse, and ignored it or punished the girl, should also be arrested and tried as "accessories." And that school district should have to fund that poor girls psychological needs for the rest of her life. That doesn't even include the financial award which should also have been much, much, higher.