New toon starting gear.

So I've noticed for a while and wondered, what is with the armor displayed in the create a character menu? Probably a dumb question and I've just overlooked a post in the past or something but I've been wondering about it. Is it just new starting armor they've yet to integrate?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was presumably supposed to be gear to see how your character would look like in "end game gear". They're more like rehashes from the the which heirlooms are based off though (with multiple exceptions for like shaman gear and junk).

Who knows whether Blizzard is going to implement that gear for transmog. I myself doubt it though xD

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    It was presumably supposed to be gear to see how your character would look like in "end game gear". They're more like rehashes from the the which heirlooms are based off though (with multiple exceptions for like shaman gear and junk).

Who knows whether Blizzard is going to implement that gear for transmog. I myself doubt it though xD
    Based off heirlooms? They look nothing like the heirloom gear O.o some of them look badass. Like the warrior gear. I would just like to see them implement the pieces as a set of armor you'll get doing all of the quests in your starting area.

Seems like rogue is remodeled T1 (chest slightly off)
    Can't really tell other ones, but doesn't seem to be T1. I think they picked some of the armor that seems most appropriate for classes (even if plain) just so new players get some understand of what gear will sort of look like.

Warlock looking fairly similar to dreadmist.
    Druids having something sim to feralheart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Blizzard should implement those models into starting armour for our new toons and make that same gear mogable.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually haven't created a new character in such a long time that I'd forgotten almost all about them.

Let's see if I can remember what they were based on...

Warrior: Warlord's Battlegear (Horde Level 60 Epic PVP)
    Paladin: Field Marshal's Aegis (Alliance Level 60 Epic PVP)
    Hunter: Dwarven Mountaineer (NPC)
    Rogue: Nightslayer Armor (Tier 1)
    Priest: Sanctified Crimson Acolyte Regalia (Heroic 25-man Tier 10)
    Shaman: The Ten Storms (Tier 2)
    Mage: Magister's Regalia (Dungeon 1)
    Warlock: Dreadmist Raiment (Dungeon 1)
    Druid: Wildheart Raiment (Dungeon 1)

Some have been recolored and minimally redesigned, and any specific Alliance or Horde imagery was removed, like the wolves and Horde emblem on The Ten Storms or the gryphon and Alliance emblems on the Field Marshal's Aegis.

10+ Year Old Account
    The paladin one looks exceptionally good, imo. Very thematic but not too over-the-top like so many other sets.

Found this summary album in an older thread: http://imgur.com/a/uA5Ge#115
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-03-26 at 10:33 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

IIRC, it was brought up about these armor outfits/looks, and at least a CM said it is something that may show up as transmog gear for each class in the future, but nothing for sure to confirm at this time.

Looking through that imgur album, some of them are just high-res reworks of old armor sets (like Mage is their old Dungeon Set 1 from old Classic).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

I actually think they'll be implemented this patch or the patch after 5.3.

The reason I say this is because WoWHead and MMO-Champion datamined certain items that have icons that include, for instance, the Dreadmist icons.

Blizzard said they'd implement them when there was context and fitting reason for it, and the rebellion is quite a good reason!

Items:

Warrior: http://ptr.wowhead.com/search?q=Latent+kor%27kron

imo, the warrior starting screen armour seems fitting for Korkron soldiers.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    ahh te dungeon sets.... i miss them :*)
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance