In game voice chat

If blizzard worked on making the in game voice chat easy to use, could that improve the coordination in LFR? I feel like the downfall or random pug groups is that they usually don't all hop in vent together and it's much more of a pain to coordinate through typing in the chat pane.

would it be worth it for blizz to dedicate resources to doing this?

Its not that hard i find the problem stems from people not listening to advice,standing in bad,not killing adds,alot of problems would be solved by people researching fights before they run in there with purple lust.

It wouldn't be worth it.

It is a minority of people who know it exists, not to mention it would be a hassle to set up. Lets not also forget the mess it would cause. Having anyone able to talk, with all the background noise, it would quickly turn into the Call of Duty; "I fucked your mum!" kind of hellhole.

I'd rather hang myself than be in a voice chat with LFR groups.

i've been in organized pugs before with voice chat and it was hell with all sorts of morons, like a COD match. Text is bad enough without voice chat with these people.

The problem isn't lack of communication, in every lfr if no one is giving advice I will give a tldr to everyone so they know what's happening, however I can't make you read what I just typed out and making you listen on comms is going to work just about as well as that. Everyone has the mentality of just Zerg the boss and all is fine, which is applicable in most cases so when it comes to any minor tactic people just tell you to fuck off and l2p, when you tell them to avoid x,y,z. Plus you have the fact that lfr is kind of like the old 40 man raids where you only really have 15-20 people actively doing anything while the others afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Genjuro View Post
    The problem isn't lack of communication, in every lfr if no one is giving advice I will give a tldr to everyone so they know what's happening, however I can't make you read what I just typed out and making you listen on comms is going to work just about as well as that. Everyone has the mentality of just Zerg the boss and all is fine, which is applicable in most cases so when it comes to any minor tactic people just tell you to fuck off and l2p, when you tell them to avoid x,y,z. Plus you have the fact that lfr is kind of like the old 40 man raids where you only really have 15-20 people actively doing anything while the others afk.
    In my experience, the biggest part isn't resistance like that, it's just flat out people not reading what is being said at all, seemingly. I have found that if people use raid alerts to talk to people about what they have to do, and do it more than once, 9 times out of 10, it's far more effective to getting people to listen. (I.e. it shows up as a big giant flash of text on their screen. Yes. That has to be done sometimes.)

Deleted
    its not hard to setup at all i used it yesterday in my rated bg.

system> voice turn on voice (check bothe dropdown menu's for your headset)

close all menu's press O to bring raid tab up click on chat tab then enable it at the top.

tbh its harder to setup mumble,ts,vent

fart noises and vulgarity

15+ Year Old Account
    If each person know what to do you won't need even that.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Hell no I would never use voicechat in WoW. Random people cussing at me or one-another? Why would I waste my time with a 14 year old rage kid? The day voicechat is required to do LFR is the day I would quit.

That said, I love vent/TS/mumble with my guild and people I have known ingame for a long time.

Deleted
    To be honest all it would probably increase is the amount of abuse that people can dish out without being punished for it, and the vast majority of decent people would end up avoiding it anyway. The sort of people who want to improve, and care about improving... will do so from text, research, or just learning by doing it one week and then knowing for the next. The people that are the problem, are not the sort of people who will improve with voice communication, in my humble opinion.

If people really wanted to try, with raidcall these days it would be easy enough to set up a voice chat and see how many people were interested in joining it at the beginning of an LFR, it's not like joining a voice server takes more than a few minutes, even if you have to DL a program for it.

Deleted
    while the idea sounds so good.

my mind only shows me people that are trolling and griefing on it.

How would Blizzard check if people were abusing one another? Would they have GM's etc listening to the recorded Voicechat? Would take ages vs just reading chat.

The percentage of players who actually want voice chat with strangers is pretty small.

In my case, I'll listen to them, but my microphone is always "broken."

I don't think that voice chat is ever going to be a compelling feature for the masses, until the game can RP your voice into another different voice.

Deleted
    Oh god no. This would be so annoying most of the time.
    In nearly every lfg-group there are people who just can't shut up and stop talking about random pointless stuff or making stupid jokes...but at least you can ignore the chat pretty easily.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-03-25 at 11:45 AM.

Who else forgot that there was in-game voice chat until they saw this post? I didn't need reminded of that abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    No no and no,go play a game of Call of Duty with some 5year olds from america,u will soon learn to appreciate silence after that mind fuckery.

The problem with ingame voice chat is that if you are disconnected from the game, you are disconnected from the voice chat. Which doesn't work for raiders. Since with mumble/ventrilo, you can say that you were dc'd and other raiders can still save you and continue with the fight when the person gets back online.

Anyone else play Counter-Strike back in the day?

sv_voice 0