Making a better Chi Burst

I'll get right to my idea. What if Chi Burst was not a targeted spell but an AoE Strait forward blast much like Charging Ox Wave.

Benefits:
    1) WindWalkers with facing the tank from the rear of the boss could throw out a heal in the tanks direction while dpsing the boss.
    2) Brewmasters can do the same for dps.
    3) A targeted path guarantees the intended AoE healing effect. Having a ranged Aoe Cone end at Melee range is abysmal for WW and Brewmasters.
    4) Also I assume this skill in in reference to Ryu's Hadoken from the casting animation so seeing the Ball of Energy travel through the opponent just looks better in my opinion.

What do you think?

So, putting it simply, the difference is that it would just go straight forward rather than the direction of your target?

The Windwalkers can still do what you are proposing, as can the Brewmasters. The only benefit I can see with this is you don't have to target someone/thing for it to work (which is why we have mouseover/focus/targettarget macros). Personally I'd prefer not having to turn my character and cast it in their direction anyway, but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    So, putting it simply, the difference is that it would just go straight forward rather than the direction of your target?

The Windwalkers can still do what you are proposing, as can the Brewmasters. The only benefit I can see with this is you don't have to target someone/thing for it to work (which is why we have mouseover/focus/targettarget macros). Personally I'd prefer not having to turn my character and cast it in their direction anyway, but that's me.
    Actually this would go through and straight forward. Like Charging Ox wave.

Right now the spell stops once it hits its target, and if you are a Windwaler or Brewmaster the Aoe is completely lost.

The coolest thing they could do is let it go in direction of you mate, but if you have no target or an enemy it would go straight forward in your view direction.
    Cause if you want to shoot it at an enemy you will allready be facing it mostly anyway

I think the most important improvement would be the ability for it to always travel to its max distance, like Charging Ox Wave and RJW. After that, I'd like the auto-targeting feature from unglyphed Spinning Fire Blossom, so we could cast it without a target, but that's merely nice-to-have. Currently WW at least will hit the melee pile with it, but it's a huge waste as a tank to just hit yourself and the boss, especially with big vengeance stacks.

The thing is, it's just a quality of life issue. You can already macro a friendly target to cast it at to get the full benefit (unless they run out of range or stand in fire and die). You can macro it to your statue as BrM like some MWs do, but then you might have to do two clicks, one to move your statue into the group and one to Chi Blast.

The numbers wouldn't change, it'd just be less horrible to use effectively.

Deleted
    remove / reduce the CD. think that would make a better chi burst.

Simple change from my WW perspective.

If I'm below 100%, then it always heals me.
    If I'm full health, have it target someone else.

That's it.

My heals were so hot before the cd was put in.... the raid would actually include forming lines for me as part of their strats to maximize it.