Weapon Choice in ToT

I've been doing a lot of research into what dks have been using in terms of weapons throughout ToT.

I just want to ask one thing though, would it be safe to say that even though 2h Frost does more dps than DW, that DW will be the spec to go with throughout the whole of ToT due to having so many fights that having the cleave is always better? Or would you just keep switching, reforging and regemming depending on the fight that you're current on?

Pretty much every fight but Maegera and Lei Shin in ToT Unholy is better for AoE than DW. Horridon, Council, Tortos (depending if you kite bats or kill them).

Unholy is also superior single target if you play Festerblight properly and have a Feather.

I see. The feather trinket seems to be the thing to go for if you want unholy to max the damage output from that spec. Staying frost until I can my hands on that trinket would be a good idea for now right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphie View Post
    I see. The feather trinket seems to be the thing to go for if you want unholy to max the damage output from that spec. Staying frost until I can my hands on that trinket would be a good idea for now right?
    Yeah probably. Unholy is still very good on fights like Horridon with sustained AoE

Ah right ok, thanks for the information. Time to get my hands on that trinket then I guess!