Deleted

Raid Healer Composition, Disc or Resto Shaman?

Hey guys,

Have a question in regards to healer composition in 10 mans, we currently raid with a Holy Pala, Resto Druid and me as MW Monk, thing is I despice the mechanics of MW, so I am gonna gear either my Priest or my Shaman.

I am just wondering what would compliment our setup best, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shaman would be a good 3rd wheel healer because of it's strong CDs, which would help a lot since you're healers only have one major one. but that's just imo
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Disc, resto shamans aren't great healers in 10 man.

Disc has the advantage that you can half-heal, half-DPS on fights where 2 healers struggle but 3 aren't necessary.

Absolutely Priest. Disc is still strong, brings a good extra dop and Spirit Shell is an awesome cooldown!

Deleted
    no contest here. Disc hands down.

Deleted
    Thanks guys, ive transfered my Priest to my current realm guess ill start going through MoP on it, good thing ive got holiday this week.

Resto shamans have good cooldowns but outside of that I feel like they're by far the weakest healer on 10man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Resto shamans have good cooldowns but outside of that I feel like they're by far the weakest healer on 10man.
    There is nothing more satisfying than taking an almost dead tank to full health with a 400k GHW crit. It wont show up on your Recount, but there are nuggets of raid saving heals that a Resto Shaman can produce with their Mastery.

Also, SLT+Ascendance, Healing Tide Totem and Mana Tide are very potent CDs

We run holy pally/disc priest as main heals and our elemental shaman sometimes off-heals in our 10m. Although, shadow damage is just as good/if not better so that shouldn't be an issue.

Do you often 3-heal? We've found that most fights are 2-healable with a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoja View Post
    There is nothing more satisfying than taking an almost dead tank to full health with a 400k GHW crit. It wont show up on your Recount, but there are nuggets of raid saving heals that a Resto Shaman can produce with their Mastery.

Also, SLT+Ascendance, Healing Tide Totem and Mana Tide are very potent CDs
    Where this is all true, its all situational and fight specific. I would say Disc has a great advantage over Resto Shaman in the majority of the fights in the game. I play a Resto Shaman main but leveled and geared my disc priest specifically for preventative damage fights last tier and it is proving to be very helpful again in t15. For example in tier 14 we 2 healed every encounter and when doing Wind Lord and Blade Lord heroic we were struggling (resto shammy/holy pally combo) and I leveled my priest and we 2 shot both of them with spirit shells and atonement, It's just too great of a toolkit to ignore. I do agree that REsto shaman has its time to shine on some bosses but in 10man there isnt many opportunities where resto shaman is just flat out better. If you are 3 healing every boss in your 10man though..... either would work fine. Resto because you have 2 other healers helping and disc because you will be down a dps and you can be a .5 dps.

I say Priest will give you more overall success. Makes me sad to say it too because I love my resto shammy