1. #1

    Ji- Kun Problems (logs included)

    Hi there mmo, last week our guild managed to get up to Ji-Kun and have a few attempts before reset and end of raid. Then last night we had our first full night of wipes, now normally on a new boss we may have trouble for the first 2/3 attempts and then we're able to pin point what is going wrong change things about and go again, but last night on Ji-Kun we were getting alot of wipes at first we were missing a nest which the first group was supposed to take, we ended up fixing this but then awe were not making any real progress sub 60% on boss then people start dropping, sometimes this was people on the nests between flying and others were on the platform dps healers or our OT who is a dps currently standing in as a tank if needed.

    We did have one or two attempts where we got down to 20-30% but it felt like it was far from smooth.

    How we originally started once we fixed the nest order problems was we had three groups consisting of 3 mixed dps and one healer. this seemed to work fine for taking each nest to the point where we felt like we could have more dps on the boss, we then changed this so that one dps from each group would go to the first nest and come back up so they could use 3/4 feathers on grabbing the feed buff this went fine until the third nest run where we seemed to have fledglings already we had this happen when the boss was 30% below I believe. But even at this point we had lost people so even stack a nuke wouldn't work especially not from 27%.


    So I'm not very good at reading logs and I don't know many people that have cleared this fight, we've looked up guides and know the fight more know but being able to check everything that's going on this fight is quite hard especially in 25s. If anyone can see where we could improve or change for this fight it would be great, I can give more info if needed just ask.


    Thanks!

    www worldoflogs com/reports/rt-tfgihy1qh84mlop4/dashboard/?s=8600&e=9014
    /reports/rt-tfgihy1qh84mlop4/dashboard/?s=11240&e=11715
    /reports/rt-tfgihy1qh84mlop4/dashboard/?s=11970&e=12468
    /reports/rt-tfgihy1qh84mlop4/dashboard/?s=12740&e=13178

    these were some of the longer fights from last night, If you need others posted I can post them also.

  2. #2
    Just looking through the Guardian druid (try number 7) since that is what I play. Comparing this to my log with a similar time for the fight there are some big differences: raidbots com/comparebot/515043ec74254ecd4c00002e#damage-taken

    He is taking a lot of damage. This is mostly due to his low uptime on Savage Defense. He had a 10% uptime of it while I had 27%. The reason for this is likely that he is lacking rage. So why is he lacking rage? Because he is bad at using Mangle which is our main rage maker. I manage to do twice as many Mangles as him in the same time frame. He generated 1250 rage from Mangle and Primal Fury while I generated 2470. That is a lot of rage that could be used for Savage Defense or FR.

    He is also glyphing Frenzied Regeneration. I would not recommend that. I healed myself for 2 million with FR which is probably more than he got from his glyphed FR.

    I noticed he has very little damage taken from Feed Pools. Tanks are good to eat them since they take reduced damage with their tank spec.

    It looks like he never used Incarnation.

    It looks like he never used Heart of the Wild + Tranq. It is a very strong healing cd. Might want to use it on a Quills or something.

    He also used his 1 min trinket once in a 7 min fight, as well as using Natures Swiftness only once. He would probably be better of swapping Natures Swiftness for Renewal btw.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by inferior2 View Post
    Just looking through the Guardian druid (try number 7) since that is what I play. Comparing this to my log with a similar time for the fight there are some big differences: raidbots com/comparebot/515043ec74254ecd4c00002e#damage-taken

    He is taking a lot of damage. This is mostly due to his low uptime on Savage Defense. He had a 10% uptime of it while I had 27%. The reason for this is likely that he is lacking rage. So why is he lacking rage? Because he is bad at using Mangle which is our main rage maker. I manage to do twice as many Mangles as him in the same time frame. He generated 1250 rage from Mangle and Primal Fury while I generated 2470. That is a lot of rage that could be used for Savage Defense or FR.

    He is also glyphing Frenzied Regeneration. I would not recommend that. I healed myself for 2 million with FR which is probably more than he got from his glyphed FR.

    I noticed he has very little damage taken from Feed Pools. Tanks are good to eat them since they take reduced damage with their tank spec.

    It looks like he never used Incarnation.

    It looks like he never used Heart of the Wild + Tranq. It is a very strong healing cd. Might want to use it on a Quills or something.

    He also used his 1 min trinket once in a 7 min fight, as well as using Natures Swiftness only once. He would probably be better of swapping Natures Swiftness for Renewal btw.

    Thank you for the feed back, I didn't make it clear in my first post but our guardian is our feral who had only had to step in a few times, however if he does have to tank this fight and or any other fight again I will pass these tips on to him as they are very helpful

  4. #4
    Im in Tan's guild, just for the record.
    Who is best for soaking then pools? Tanks i guess, and we were thinking of rogues and locks since they got some neat CD's for it. Do you have some raiders assigned for it , or just go on the fly?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrin View Post
    Im in Tan's guild, just for the record.
    Who is best for soaking then pools? Tanks i guess, and we were thinking of rogues and locks since they got some neat CD's for it. Do you have some raiders assigned for it , or just go on the fly?
    You don't need to soak pools at all on both normal or heroic.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    You don't need to soak pools at all on both normal or heroic.
    We were able to soak them up, it always gave us room to stack for quills and move out again and our rogues have no problem taking them out.

  7. #7
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrin View Post
    Im in Tan's guild, just for the record.
    Who is best for soaking then pools? Tanks i guess, and we were thinking of rogues and locks since they got some neat CD's for it. Do you have some raiders assigned for it , or just go on the fly?
    Tanks and Paladins with purity and a bubble. My holy pally in guild soaks pools like hes got a drug problem lol

    Rogues can soak too I believe with cloak of shadows. I'm not sure if that just removes the dot or the debuff itself though.

    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    You don't need to soak pools at all on both normal or heroic.

    It's fairly easy to soak some pools during the fight. Once you hit around 20% though I would ignore them.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-03-25 at 03:12 PM.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrin View Post
    Im in Tan's guild, just for the record.
    Who is best for soaking then pools? Tanks i guess, and we were thinking of rogues and locks since they got some neat CD's for it. Do you have some raiders assigned for it , or just go on the fly?
    anyone that can remove the stacking debuff, pala bubble, ice block and cloak of shadows (i think) soak puddle until they start to hurt too much, then clear debuff and repeat. also, ask everyone in the raid to soak one puddle since that shouldnt be too hard

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    anyone that can remove the stacking debuff, pala bubble, ice block and cloak of shadows (i think) soak puddle until they start to hurt too much, then clear debuff and repeat. also, ask everyone in the raid to soak one puddle since that shouldnt be too hard
    Yeah that's what we had, Pools were fine the main thing was having people drop going to from nests and having fledglings on the third nest run I mean should we be around 20% then for the burn phase.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tan View Post
    Hi there mmo, last week our guild managed to get up to Ji-Kun and have a few attempts before reset and end of raid. Then last night we had our first full night of wipes, now normally on a new boss we may have trouble for the first 2/3 attempts and then we're able to pin point what is going wrong change things about and go again, but last night on Ji-Kun we were getting alot of wipes at first we were missing a nest which the first group was supposed to take, we ended up fixing this but then awe were not making any real progress sub 60% on boss then people start dropping, sometimes this was people on the nests between flying and others were on the platform dps healers or our OT who is a dps currently standing in as a tank if needed.

    We did have one or two attempts where we got down to 20-30% but it felt like it was far from smooth.

    How we originally started once we fixed the nest order problems was we had three groups consisting of 3 mixed dps and one healer. this seemed to work fine for taking each nest to the point where we felt like we could have more dps on the boss, we then changed this so that one dps from each group would go to the first nest and come back up so they could use 3/4 feathers on grabbing the feed buff this went fine until the third nest run where we seemed to have fledglings already we had this happen when the boss was 30% below I believe. But even at this point we had lost people so even stack a nuke wouldn't work especially not from 27%.


    So I'm not very good at reading logs and I don't know many people that have cleared this fight, we've looked up guides and know the fight more know but being able to check everything that's going on this fight is quite hard especially in 25s. If anyone can see where we could improve or change for this fight it would be great, I can give more info if needed just ask.


    Thanks!

    www worldoflogs com/reports/rt-tfgihy1qh84mlop4/dashboard/?s=8600&e=9014
    /reports/rt-tfgihy1qh84mlop4/dashboard/?s=11240&e=11715
    /reports/rt-tfgihy1qh84mlop4/dashboard/?s=11970&e=12468
    /reports/rt-tfgihy1qh84mlop4/dashboard/?s=12740&e=13178

    these were some of the longer fights from last night, If you need others posted I can post them also.
    Depending on dps you can ignore and burn from about 40%. If your dps isn't that great you can do it from 30% for sure.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    518
    We had lock, mage, resto druid flying around. Think they got all eggs because we got this boss on 3rd try.
    We soaked almost every pool, I would always pick one during quills with deterrence. With all the aoe healing going on and deterrence blocking quills none would even notice the extra damage.

    That 300k dmg aoe is also good to avoid, pretty sure our platform guys dont even know it exist =D

  12. #12
    Just looking at the last 3 fight, 7min 8min 7min

    Most of the death were contributed by Fledgling and Juvenile. Death by Fledgling, could be caused by didn't get the nest order properly, the up nest's activation order does not repeat itself.

    Also looking at spell detail for Primal Nutriment, there's hardly anyone catching the food. You are also running 7 healers, probably gonna drag abit long for the burn phase. Try having them spread out to avoid Juvenile's attack and rotate raid cooldowns pray for the best.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by flyflame View Post
    Just looking at the last 3 fight, 7min 8min 7min

    Most of the death were contributed by Fledgling and Juvenile. Death by Fledgling, could be caused by didn't get the nest order properly, the up nest's activation order does not repeat itself.

    Also looking at spell detail for Primal Nutriment, there's hardly anyone catching the food. You are also running 7 healers, probably gonna drag abit long for the burn phase. Try having them spread out to avoid Juvenile's attack and rotate raid cooldowns pray for the best.

    With the upper nest with my group which was group 2, we always took the first two lower and then upper one above the first and upper above the second which seamed to repeat, but If that is the case then we just have to be more vigilant with the upper nests as our dps said that they had fledglings towards the end at one nest

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by flyflame View Post
    Just looking at the last 3 fight, 7min 8min 7min

    Most of the death were contributed by Fledgling and Juvenile. Death by Fledgling, could be caused by didn't get the nest order properly, the up nest's activation order does not repeat itself.

    Also looking at spell detail for Primal Nutriment, there's hardly anyone catching the food. You are also running 7 healers, probably gonna drag abit long for the burn phase. Try having them spread out to avoid Juvenile's attack and rotate raid cooldowns pray for the best.
    I guess we need to be more vigilant when it comes to the upper nests, we did have some ranged jump up and grab the buff but I think they missed it a few times

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire Riemu2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    EU, Germany
    Posts
    356
    Couple of things you need to make sure are executed properly:

    - Get every single nest and don't let adds spawn/survive. You can't skip some because you will most certainly whipe because of all the damage coming in from the adds

    - Try to leave the lanes from the boss to the "plattform extensions" clear of puddles so that when you get the wind you dont take damage from running over puddles and stuff. Always position yourself so that you get pushed towards the "plattform extension" where you have more room. Stack up in the Boss before the wind so that you dont get pushed off the edge. Dont ever get pushed off the plattform!! Melees beware of getting instagibbed by the boss if you are in melee range sooner than the tanks.

    - Don't soak puddles if you don't need to. You should have enough room anyways. If you really need to, because your way is blocked or sth, have your OT soak 2-3 maybe with a cooldown if needed. You can also have people with immunities soak the puddles (not the puddle but the resulting debuff/dot), but thats not recommended if you really dont need it, because you will take more damage and stuff from the puddles than an OT.

    - Have your nest group do their thing and ignore the boss. They need to only focus on their nest duty and execute it properly. If everything goes well, they can start doing boss dps in between nests. Nest duty included catching the food midair that would fly to the nest otherwise. Thats not 100% needed to down the boss but it helps alot, especially on killing the nests faster.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •