Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] Young Justice cancelled

I really enjoyed this show. It had a lot of great storylines, and the way they left off at the end of the second season really opens the door to more stories. If you feel like me, there is a change.org petition you can sign to hopefully bring this show back!

http://www.change.org/petitions/cart...nimated-series

Oh cool I was really worried they weren't going to be able to wrap up all the Reach/Light stuff in time. Nothing is worse than having a show get canceled on a cliffhanger >< I'll check that link out though

This honestly doesn't surprise me, A lot of great shows get the axe for various reasons. They always try to slate it under "Not enough viewers" but I have seen some petitions reach over 100k and have it make no difference :/

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    This honestly doesn't surprise me, A lot of great shows get the axe for various reasons. They always try to slate it under "Not enough viewers" but I have seen some petitions reach over 100k and have it make no difference :/
    Hate to say it, but ratings people look at viewership numbers in the MILLIONS. 100k is basically nothing in terms of viewership.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    If stuff like this worked I think most of us would have had petitions for Firefly.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    If stuff like this worked I think most of us would have had petitions for Firefly.
    there were petitions. it got firefly a movie right? then nobody went to see that movie.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I read it was because the toys were not selling. Can't find the source now <shrug>

Does Adventure Time and Regular Show even have toys? I can't stand those shows but they are here to stay it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I read it was because the toys were not selling. Can't find the source now <shrug>

Does Adventure Time and Regular Show even have toys? I can't stand those shows but they are here to stay it seems.
    yes it also has a comic book line, clothing, cds, outfits, has won multiple emmys (both of them actually) and have some of the most intelligent and well crafted writing of any childrens show that has ever been seen before.

guess some people just dont enjoy post apocalyptic nuclear Armageddon stories about a boy and his dog trying to survive

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes it also has a comic book line, clothing, cds, outfits, has won multiple emmys (both of them actually) and have some of the most intelligent and well crafted writing of any childrens show that has ever been seen before.

guess some people just dont enjoy post apocalyptic nuclear Armageddon stories about a boy and his dog trying to survive

I had not seen the toys till just recently.

I admit I can't stand the show. To me it falls into the Spongebob Square pants realm. Poor animation and will have to disagree with the most intelligent and well crafted writing.

Do you guys not remember, I don't know maybe Justice League, Gargoyles, Samurai Jack, Dexters laboratory, Batman the Animated series.

Hell I would go as far to say at this moment the only thing worth watching on Cartoon Network, is Ben 10.

I like spending time and watching these shows with my son, but I can not and won't watch things like Annoying Orange, Regular Show or Adventure time (thankfully that is the only one he likes and I just leave the room.). I feel these shows are a insult to my intellect and even more so a insult to the intellect of our children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Time#Controversy

according to this it didn't win any emmys it was just nominated, the only thing it won was a Golden Reel award.

vs

Young Justice actually won a emmy btw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_J...s%29#Reception
    Last edited by Maneo; 2013-03-22 at 07:29 AM.

Young Justice is so fucking good. Season 1 Doctor Fate was maximum badass. Very sad to see it cancelled.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad. YJ is one of the best cartoons on television, though I have to admit I feel it's dropped a bit in quality with the new generation of super heroes. Impulse is somewhat amusing, but none of the other characters really stand out to me. The story itself is not as interesting either, though I still enjoy it. I love superhero stuff, so I'd want it to continue even if it's not as good as it used to be.

What did Cartoon Network expect moving it to Saturday mornings? That "kids" would watch more of it?

Honestly everyone I knew (including myself) that watched Young Justice were well into their twenties. And we loved it on Friday nights. I'm sick and tired of stations moving a show to an obscure time slot and then complaining that the viewership fell.

Very disappointed. I dropped off half way through Season 2 because I missed a few episodes, and I just finished it up tonight and was excited for season 3. Especially with how Wally ended up.

Well shit. I keep losing shows that I watch. I would be interested in the new Teen Titans that's taking its spot, but if its anything like the short series (Which my brief research says it is), then it's just stupid ass kiddie jokes and stylized cartooning.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I had not seen the toys till just recently.

I admit I can't stand the show. To me it falls into the Spongebob Square pants realm. Poor animation and will have to disagree with the most intelligent and well crafted writing.

Do you guys not remember, I don't know maybe Justice League, Gargoyles, Samurai Jack, Dexters laboratory, Batman the Animated series.

Hell I would go as far to say at this moment the only thing worth watching on Cartoon Network, is Ben 10.

I like spending time and watching these shows with my son, but I can not and won't watch things like Annoying Orange, Regular Show or Adventure time (thankfully that is the only one he likes and I just leave the room.). I feel these shows are a insult to my intellect and even more so a insult to the intellect of our children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Time#Controversy

according to this it didn't win any emmys it was just nominated, the only thing it won was a Golden Reel award.

vs

Young Justice actually won a emmy btw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_J...s%29#Reception
    The shows aren't poorly animated, they follow a certain style, and they do that style very well. Mentioning shit like Annoying Orange alongside Adventure Time and Regular Show is quite the disgrace. Anyways, seems like you mostly just enjoy action cartoons, which is certainly fine, but personally I enjoy the more casual and fun cartoons the most, it's all about preferences. Saying that it cuts down people's intellect is going too far though, that's the same as saying that Samurai Jack and Justice League taught kids to be violent and they're the reason for a generation filled with violent people, which of course isn't true.

Personally I'm not a big fan of what I've seen of Young Justice, it just makes me wish I was watching the old Justice League cartoon with the real guys instead, and I really hate watching teenager drama of any kind. I wouldn't mind it returning though, it's obviously very popular and many people enjoy it, so I can't see a reason for it not to return.

Btw, awards don't mean jack, everything is subjective when shows of high quality go up against each other, nothing will ever be or should be set in stone about which one is better, especially not when we compare two shows which differ so much in style as Young Justice and Regular Show.

The thing that gets me the most with YJ being cancelled, is that they left it off at a pretty big cliffhanger with Darkside. And if the rumor is true that the reason for the cancellation is poor toy sales, well the thing I'd say to that is that it is their own damn fault for poor sales. I mean, I never saw any YJ toys in the store when I would buy toys for my son, there was no marketing for toys either.
    Last edited by Hishiro; 2013-03-23 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well as far as adventure time goes there are so many feels in those episodes like the new one on monday that explains simon and marcy, also i saw a young justice episode this morning gotta say CN is shooting themselves in the foot when they put shows at that hour
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? They could've easily just cancelled a crap show that nobody watches (Annoying Orange).

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a shame the good cartoons never live past two season yet the really bad shows last forever. Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spiderman, Avengers: EMH, and now Young Justice all got ccancelled but all had pretty good animation and art styles to them as well as brilliant tag along stories.

We currently have alot of really bad shows now, mostly in story and art style, while the animation has improved as time wen on the art style has gotten worse. Everyone looks so abstract now
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Can't believe they are getting rid of it.

Such a great show, it was nice to see a show that was more mature (same with The Clone Wars) and showed romance, death and action in a non stupid way.

I was really hoping for season 3 to bring Kid Flash back in some form. I think i've ran out of western cartoons to watch now (apart from Adventure time)

Have faith!

http://smgotv.tumblr.com/post/463517...26-11-37am-pdt

Before the edit, it said:

Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed posting here on Tumblr and Facebook – as you might have heard via our tweet last night, there is a meeting on the books with WB to discuss bringing back GLTAS and YJ. The meeting is set for April 11.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Have faith!

http://smgotv.tumblr.com/post/463517...26-11-37am-pdt

Before the edit, it said:
    This makes me happy.