Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    There is no way Blizzard will give up AP as a reward

    No matter what they've said, and they haven't even clearly said anywhere that artifact weapons aren't gonna carry over into the next expansion, but even if they had, AP has become too much of a universal reward for them to give it up. It's something they've wanted to do for years. Whatever content you wanna do at max level - dungeons, raids, PvP, quests - you can do it, and get a reward that helps you progress your character over the course of the whole expansion. There is no way they are just gonna let go of that.

    I'm gonna copy my other post in here for anyone trying to lecture me on Blizzard having outruled artifact weapons for the next expansion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Dave Kosak, the guy responsible for lore, who's not even working on World of Warcraft anymore, has said 2 weeks prior to the launch of Legion, something vague about every expansion having a new feature. "Down the line, maybe, I think, probably, we're gonna have something new in the next expansion, I guess."

    1) There is no way for Blizzard to have known 2 weeks prior to the launch of Legion whether they would want artifact weapons to stick around, because the expansion hadn't launched yet. They need to wait and see the feedback for artifact weapons. While people generally hate the AP grind, artifact weapons in itself were very popular. Getting them, and unlocking the talents was a lot of fun to a lot of players. They will stick around in some form, I am sure.

    2) Do you really think we are just gonna throw weapons like the Ashbringer and the Doomhammer into the trash bin and replace them with generic green weapons? Maybe we'll get new weapons, but we're getting artifact weapons.
    Last edited by Anduin Menethil; 2017-05-10 at 05:16 PM.

  2. #2
    I guess we'll have to wait and see what weapon system they give us in the next expansion, then. Real riveting topic, btw.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

  3. #3
    Yes. They've said that even if they decide to not carry over the specific artifact system they will want to do something similar to AP where you get max level progression. I really hope they remove the paragon traits though and just let you finish it relatively early if you put effort in. It's exciting getting the new traits but it isn't exciting putting extra points in traits that were once cool. 5% increased damage felt good. .5% every additional level... uh... meh.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    They have said that we won't be carrying artifacts over into the next expansion though.
    They don't have to, they'll just adapt the AP system into something similar. Maybe Path of the Titans finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I wonder if they'll get diabetes before the dicks run out...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    No matter what they've said, and they haven't even clearly said anywhere that artifact weapons aren't gonna carry over into the next expansion,
    According to World of Warcraft lead narrative designer Dave Kosak, artifact weapons won’t be sticking around for the seventh expansion, whenever that arrives.

    "It’s kind of like what’s going to be the marquee cool new thing in this expansion," Kosak told Polygon. "It was garrisons in Warlords of Draenor, and that was pretty cool. We take some of those elements forward, but otherwise that was a Draenor-specific thing. Now you have an artifact weapon, and it’s going to be very Legion-specific. Down the line, I imagine we’ll have something else really cool."


    source

    Get your facts straight before making baseless assumptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock
    You know how much popcorn i've eaten while reading the forums over the years?
    Your threads are a guilty pleasure it's amazing how fucking gullible people are.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    They have said that we won't be carrying artifacts over into the next expansion though.
    They haven't.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yes. They've said that even if they decide to not carry over the specific artifact system they will want to do something similar to AP where you get max level progression. I really hope they remove the paragon traits though and just let you finish it relatively early if you put effort in. It's exciting getting the new traits but it isn't exciting putting extra points in traits that were once cool. 5% increased damage felt good. .5% every additional level... uh... meh.
    Look the paragon trait either matters or it doesn't and anything inbetween we're just talking about "to what degree" it matters.

    The fact that it provides a less significant buff this time around doesn't make the system any better, it just lessens the amount that it sucks ass.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    No matter what they've said, and they haven't even clearly said anywhere that artifact weapons aren't gonna carry over into the next expansion, but even if they had, AP has become too much of a universal reward for them to give it up. It's something they've wanted to do for years. Whatever content you wanna do at max level - dungeons, raids, PvP, quests - you can do it, and get a reward that helps you progress your character over the course of the whole expansion. There is no way they are just gonna let go of that.
    AP is a currency that can only be spent on improving the artifact weapon, a proxy for player power.
    I agree that they want to retain a universal reward system, but if artifact weapons go away, then the currency that you get from doing various activities will be used for something else. It could just as easily be valor points, justice points, reputation overflow, or alternate experience points. The question is what will it be spent on? Maybe they will incorporate current artifact traits into a second talent tree.

  9. #9
    I actually really like the artifact weapons. I think they could improve the system by allowing AP to apply to all weps for the character. Also the scaling issue with AK and artifact level could be improved. Other than that it feels good to have everything you do contribute to the overall power of the character

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    According to World of Warcraft lead narrative designer Dave Kosak, artifact weapons won’t be sticking around for the seventh expansion, whenever that arrives.

    "It’s kind of like what’s going to be the marquee cool new thing in this expansion," Kosak told Polygon. "It was garrisons in Warlords of Draenor, and that was pretty cool. We take some of those elements forward, but otherwise that was a Draenor-specific thing. Now you have an artifact weapon, and it’s going to be very Legion-specific. Down the line, I imagine we’ll have something else really cool."


    source

    Get your facts straight before making baseless assumptions.
    Dave Kosak, the guy responsible for lore, who's not even working on World of Warcraft anymore, has said 2 weeks prior to the launch of Legion, something vague about every expansion having a new feature. "Down the line, maybe, I think, probably, we're gonna have something new in the next expansion, I guess."

    1) There is no way for Blizzard to have known 2 weeks prior to the launch of Legion whether they would want artifact weapons to stick around, because the expansion hadn't launched yet. They need to wait and see the feedback for artifact weapons. While people generally hate the AP grind, artifact weapons in itself were very popular. Getting them, and unlocking the talents was a lot of fun to a lot of players. They will stick around in some form, I am sure.

    2) Do you really think we are just gonna throw weapons like the Ashbringer and the Doomhammer into the trash bin and replace them with generic green weapons? Maybe we'll get new weapons, but we're getting artifact weapons.
    Last edited by Anduin Menethil; 2017-05-10 at 05:12 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    They haven't.
    You're legit trolling at this point if you can't even read your own stupid thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock
    You know how much popcorn i've eaten while reading the forums over the years?
    Your threads are a guilty pleasure it's amazing how fucking gullible people are.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    They haven't.
    Yes they have. Some interview asked a specific question about what is going to happen to them. The answer was not to take them to next expac, but they had not yet decided yet how they'll get rid of them in a way it makes sense in the game (most likely didnt want to spoil story). Cannot find a link to it right now, it was during blizzcon on an interview of some youtube channel.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Look the paragon trait either matters or it doesn't and anything inbetween we're just talking about "to what degree" it matters.

    The fact that it provides a less significant buff this time around doesn't make the system any better, it just lessens the amount that it sucks ass.
    I know. I said they should remove it altogether if they make another system like it. Concordance should just be Concordance. Not Concordance plus it goes up to 50. I dislike that system entirely. You still feel like you're "done" but not really and the additional traits will never feel good.

  14. #14
    Artifacts are basically Path of the Titans mixed with the old talent system.

    Considering we're wrapping up the Burning Legion's story, I don't think it's far fetched we just get a straight up Path of the Titans in an xpac or two.
    <Insurgency> is recruiting !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.
    ·My Youtube channel·

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    You're legit trolling at this point if you can't even read your own stupid thread.
    Read the post above you and respond properly, if you can. Otherwise don't respond at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Yes, they have.

    source
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    Yes they have. Some interview asked a specific question about what is going to happen to them. The answer was not to take them to next expac, but they had not yet decided yet how they'll get rid of them in a way it makes sense in the game (most likely didnt want to spoil story). Cannot find a link to it right now, it was during blizzcon on an interview of some youtube channel.
    Same goes for you two.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Dave Kosak, the guy responsible for lore, who's not even working on World of Warcraft anymore, has said 2 weeks prior to the launch of Legion, something vague about every expansion having a new feature. "Down the line, maybe, I think, probably, we're gonna have something new in the next expansion, I guess."

    1) There is no way for Blizzard to have known 2 weeks prior to the launch of Legion whether they would want artifact weapons to stick around, because the expansion hadn't launched yet. They need to wait and see the feedback for artifact weapons. While people generally hate the AP grind, artifact weapons in itself were very popular. Getting them, and unlocking the talents was a lot of fun to a lot of players. They will stick around in some form, I am sure.

    2) Do you really think we are just gonna throw weapons like the Ashbringer and the Doomhammer into the trash bin and replace them with generic green weapons? Maybe we'll get new weapons, but we're getting artifact weapons.
    So it basically boils down to "bla bla bla I refuse to listen to them cuz reasons" despite a pretty clear cut statement is made?

    Legit troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock
    You know how much popcorn i've eaten while reading the forums over the years?
    Your threads are a guilty pleasure it's amazing how fucking gullible people are.

  17. #17
    If it's not AP it will be something else, one way or another we will grind and MMOC will be lively with people dead inside.

  18. #18
    High Overlord Ironcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    161
    I personally wouldn't be massively fussed if they carried the weapons over, I mean I had http://www.wowhead.com/spell=171694/...orged-greataxe for almost the entirety of the expansion as I just kept upgrading it. Plus as I didn't raid, there wasn't really an alternative!

    In regards to AP, I also don't mind it staying, maybe a means to empower yourself? I know someone mentioned Path of the Titans earlier, but I cannot honestly remember what kind of outline they covered on that? Was it an extension of the talents already in place?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Maybe we'll get new weapons, but we're getting artifact weapons.
    You say that with such confidence, as if you are a developer leaking new information.
    "Somebody punch that guy in the face really fucking hard."

  20. #20
    who cares if artifacts stay around or not. the big thing with AP is that it's old style talent trees that you can unlock with some currency at max level. that part of it can easily be seperated from artifacts themselves and be made to carry over.

    artifact is a major feature and parts of those always get refurbished/redesigned in the next expansion. (personally i hope relics also stay in some form or another, too counteract the effects titanforging would have on regular weapon drops)
    Last edited by Him of Many Faces; 2017-05-10 at 05:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •