Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because Blizz loves ambiguity, they'll just keep adding more continents or places in Azeroth that conveniently justifies a whole new expansion. They'll just milk the hell out of Azeroth 'till WoW is dead. Blizz's weapon of choice for storytelling? Dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Because Blizz loves ambiguity, they'll just keep adding more continents or places in Azeroth that conveniently justifies a whole new expansion. They'll just milk the hell out of Azeroth 'till WoW is dead. Blizz's weapon of choice for storytelling? Dailies.
    They're leaning more towards scenarios now, which is better than grinding out daily #748 for 3 seconds of youtube-able dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    What? I can't get my head around the level of stupidity in this thread. There is no other side, the map we see ingame is just a flattened globe, just like we have flat maps of Earth? Unless there's this whole undiscovered side of Earth we haven't seen yet!

Now before you all gather up, take me to the town square and burn me alive, some proof...

Unless you are all talking about some mass of undiscovered land somewhere on that "globe", wich seems doubtfull.
    Nice picture, now try doing the same thing all the way around the globe... Yeah... that's an open sea right there west of Kalimdor and east of the Eastern Kingdoms, an open sea that could house a landmass that could easily be retconned in as unexplored cuz it's extremely dangerous there or whatever. A landmass that's maybe untouched by either Shattering...

Plenty of retconning that can be done here and there, so even if you think there's not enough room, it can be done, just like old globes from Vanilla depicted the two major continents being on either side of the globe, with the oceans between them being the same size... With time it shrunk cuz Blizz figured out a more accurate size of the world since they never had to deal with a full globe until WoW. Their world, plenty of space, can add a landmass if they damn well want to, just like they can add new villains even if Sargeras were to be defeated. The mogu worked alright and they were new, so why not a new landmass with a new baddie? Exactly, likely gonna happen one day.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Nice picture, now try doing the same thing all the way around the globe... Yeah... that's an open sea right there west of Kalimdor and east of the Eastern Kingdoms, an open sea that could house a landmass that could easily be retconned in as unexplored cuz it's extremely dangerous there or whatever. A landmass that's maybe untouched by either Shattering...

Plenty of retconning that can be done here and there, so even if you think there's not enough room, it can be done, just like old globes from Vanilla depicted the two major continents being on either side of the globe, with the oceans between them being the same size... With time it shrunk cuz Blizz figured out a more accurate size of the world since they never had to deal with a full globe until WoW. Their world, plenty of space, can add a landmass if they damn well want to, just like they can add new villains even if Sargeras were to be defeated. The mogu worked alright and they were new, so why not a new landmass with a new baddie? Exactly, likely gonna happen one day.
    Those maps also don't show Pandaria.

Right there the "globes confirm no continent" theory is shot dead.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Those maps also don't show Pandaria.

Right there the "globes confirm no continent" theory is shot dead.
    Not to mention something from outer space could always just LAND there, or pull a Lex Luthor and make Kryptonite Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    What? I can't get my head around the level of stupidity in this thread. There is no other side, the map we see ingame is just a flattened globe, just like we have flat maps of Earth? Unless there's this whole undiscovered side of Earth we haven't seen yet!

Now before you all gather up, take me to the town square and burn me alive, some proof...

Unless you are all talking about some mass of undiscovered land somewhere on that "globe", wich seems doubtfull.
    I cant tell from that map because its cropped rly weird, but it just looks like the maelstrom is too big and its pushing everything away?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so much that they could still work with South Seas,Emerald Dream, Burning Legion..again but you know ten times more epic demons.Just as long as I get my Demon Hunter Ethereal or hell just a playable Ethereal.Cause Pandaren have set up that it is possible to have neutral races that can choose a side and i'm pretty sure there are Species/races/whatever that would rather defect to a certain faction be it monetary gains or beliefs
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-03-26 at 04:48 AM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, right. I forgot how the "PLANET OF AZEROTH" was actually 4 small continents the size of Rhode Island. I definitely think there is more land than what we see, if the planet Azeroth is really that big, make it into a globe and add an Earth-sized Ozone. Tall places like Mount Hyjal and Thorim's Throne would be clearly visible from space.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    There is so much that they could still work with South Seas,Emerald Dream, Burning Legion..again but you know ten times more epic demons.
    We've seen them all. The big demon races were the Eredar, Nathrezim and Pit Lords and in TBC we saw like a billion lesser demon races as well. There's really nothing left to see, unless they suddenly decide to retcon in a pile of totally new demonic races. How different can demons even get? There's already like 20 plus different demon models in the game. They would either look too similar to existing demons or look totally out of place.

South Seas is just a bunch of barely inhabited islands with a few pirates on them, maybe you could stretch that definition to include the Naga. The Emerald Dream is just a mirror of the existing world, we've actually been there in a quest or two. Take the existing Azeroth and make it green.

Making an expansion out of those areas would be like when you try to get all the little left over bits of soap and mash them into a new bar of soap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Wait a minute; *what* hidden side? Isn't like like taking a map and saying "I wonder what great secrets lie between California and Japan!" It's a map, we've seen the other side, and it's Kalimdor. Lemme spell it out:

Kalimdor - West hemisphere
    EK - East hemisphere (WOW!)
    Northrend - Northern hemisphere
    Pandaria - Southern hemisphere

In the middle there's the Maelstrom. I'm all in favor of a South Seas/Azshara xpac, but I still maintain Legion = next. And a South Seas xpac wouldn't involve anything "hidden" that isn't just sunk beneath the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Oh, right. I forgot how the "PLANET OF AZEROTH" was actually 4 small continents the size of Rhode Island. I definitely think there is more land than what we see, if the planet Azeroth is really that big, make it into a globe and add an Earth-sized Ozone. Tall places like Mount Hyjal and Thorim's Throne would be clearly visible from space.
    The continents are actually supposed to be pretty vast, it's just scaled down in game because it would be impractical to make it all to scale lore wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We've seen them all. The big demon races were the Eredar, Nathrezim and Pit Lords and in TBC we saw like a billion lesser demon races as well. There's really nothing left to see, unless they suddenly decide to retcon in a pile of totally new demonic races. How different can demons even get? There's already like 20 plus different demon models in the game. They would either look too similar to existing demons or look totally out of place.

South Seas is just a bunch of barely inhabited islands with a few pirates on them, maybe you could stretch that definition to include the Naga. The Emerald Dream is just a mirror of the existing world, we've actually been there in a quest or two. Take the existing Azeroth and make it green.

Making an expansion out of those areas would be like when you try to get all the little left over bits of soap and mash them into a new bar of soap.
    While that may be true for the Emerald Dream they could always spin the direction of the look in new ways with the nightmare(although come to think of it the sha remind me of the nightmare so much).In terms of the South Seas I want to see an island hopping expansion hell I bet they could make Zandalar an expansion in of itself(but honestly I hate most troll lore: opinion).The sad truth is that eventually were going to have to deal with the legion one way or another there's no way around it.

Also i'd like to add that Azshara is also one of those things that is going to have to be dealt with eventually.since she and the naga are the main reason the legion found Azeroth in the first place.

It's so much fun to ponder what the next expansion pack could be and hopefully Blizzard will surprise us.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-03-26 at 05:26 AM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Wait a minute; *what* hidden side? Isn't like like taking a map and saying "I wonder what great secrets lie between California and Japan!" It's a map, we've seen the other side, and it's Kalimdor. Lemme spell it out:

Kalimdor - West hemisphere
    EK - East hemisphere (WOW!)
    Northrend - Northern hemisphere
    Pandaria - Southern hemisphere

In the middle there's the Maelstrom. I'm all in favor of a South Seas/Azshara xpac, but I still maintain Legion = next. And a South Seas xpac wouldn't involve anything "hidden" that isn't just sunk beneath the ocean.
    We haven't seen what the other side is. On the globes in Ulduar, there's a big, blank space on that side. Those same globes don't show Pandaria either - which means they aren't accurate when it comes to showing all the landmass in the world.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

15+ Year Old Account
    South Seas is just a bunch of barely inhabited islands with a few pirates on them, maybe you could stretch that definition to include the Naga.
    Actually, the South Seas and the Maelstrom region (which already technically has its own 'continent' level map in-game) have plenty of zones.

Speaking hypothetically, here's a listing of confirmed, named zones that could appear in a South Seas / Maelstrom / Naga expansion. Several of these come from the same sourcebook that introduced all of the zones in Northrend for the first time.

Kul Tiras: Confirmed to have drifted further into sea as a result of the Cataclysm. The capital of Kul Tiras, Boralus, could serve as an Alliance hub. Also included could be the smaller islands of Crestfall and Zul'dare.

Kezan: Only Bilgewater Port, the northenmost city on the island, has been seen, and Blizzard indicated they'd like to someday revisit it. It houses the massive goblin city of Undermine, which could serve as a Horde hub. Also known to contain the port city of Edj and a troll settlement, Voodress Village.

The Broken Isles: A chain of islands that include the ruins of the night elven city Suramar and the Tomb of Sargeras, as well as Stormreaver Bay, where Gul'dan made his base during the search for the Eye of Sargeras, and Balor, an island stronghold established by Stormwind during the First War.

Zandalar: Home of the Zandalari, birthplace of all troll civilization. Ruled by the Rastakhan and the prophet Zul. It began to sink beneath the waves as a result of the Cataclysm, but Blizzard has confirmed that it's still around and that the Zandalari won't be stopped until their leaders have been dealt with.

Tel Abim and Plunder Isle: Small islands occupied by trolls and pirates, respectively.

The Rift: The remains of the original Well of Eternity, a massive rift in the ocean floor. It's connected to the Elemental Planes and is heavily implied to have connections to the Rift of Aln in the Emerald Dream. It's also home to Nazjatar, the massive naga capital which was built from the ruins of Zin-Azshari.

The Boiling Terrace: An underwater region housing thermal vents and underwater volcanos, with boiling and acidic waters, to the southeast of Nazjatar.

The Drowned Reaches: Located on the edge of the Boiling Terrace, a massive graveyard of ships torn apart by whirlpools, populated by the ghosts and reanimated corpses of sailors and pirates.

Gishan Caverns: Located to the north of Nazjatar, a massive network of caverns in the ocean floor, occupied by monstrous sea creatures.

Pillar Deep: A region to the northeast of Nazjatar, home to thermal vents and vocalnic fissures, as well as giant stone pillars and massive tubeworms.

Scintal Reef: A massive coral reef to the southwest of Nazjatar, populated by makrura and home to their primitive, tribal capital, Makrura.

So, there, 12 potential zones which can easily be paired down to the standard 7-8 of an expansion, with possible alterations to raise some landmasses to the surface, so as to not make it so heavily focused on underwater content.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    We destroy the Burning Legion and then we go kill some pirates and Naga in the South Seas?

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Actually, the South Seas and the Maelstrom region (which already technically has its own 'continent' level map in-game) have plenty of zones.

Speaking hypothetically, here's a listing of confirmed, named zones that could appear in a South Seas / Maelstrom / Naga expansion. Several of these come from the same sourcebook that introduced all of the zones in Northrend for the first time.

Kul Tiras: Confirmed to have drifted further into sea as a result of the Cataclysm. The capital of Kul Tiras, Boralus, could serve as an Alliance hub. Also included could be the smaller islands of Crestfall and Zul'dare.

Kezan: Only Bilgewater Port, the northenmost city on the island, has been seen, and Blizzard indicated they'd like to someday revisit it. It houses the massive goblin city of Undermine, which could serve as a Horde hub. Also known to contain the port city of Edj and a troll settlement, Voodress Village.

The Broken Isles: A chain of islands that include the ruins of the night elven city Suramar and the Tomb of Sargeras, as well as Stormreaver Bay, where Gul'dan made his base during the search for the Eye of Sargeras, and Balor, an island stronghold established by Stormwind during the First War.

Zandalar: Home of the Zandalari, birthplace of all troll civilization. Ruled by the Rastakhan and the prophet Zul. It began to sink beneath the waves as a result of the Cataclysm, but Blizzard has confirmed that it's still around and that the Zandalari won't be stopped until their leaders have been dealt with.

Tel Abim and Plunder Isle: Small islands occupied by trolls and pirates, respectively.

The Rift: The remains of the original Well of Eternity, a massive rift in the ocean floor. It's connected to the Elemental Planes and is heavily implied to have connections to the Rift of Aln in the Emerald Dream. It's also home to Nazjatar, the massive naga capital which was built from the ruins of Zin-Azshari.

The Boiling Terrace: An underwater region housing thermal vents and underwater volcanos, with boiling and acidic waters, to the southeast of Nazjatar.

The Drowned Reaches: Located on the edge of the Boiling Terrace, a massive graveyard of ships torn apart by whirlpools, populated by the ghosts and reanimated corpses of sailors and pirates.

Gishan Caverns: Located to the north of Nazjatar, a massive network of caverns in the ocean floor, occupied by monstrous sea creatures.

Pillar Deep: A region to the northeast of Nazjatar, home to thermal vents and vocalnic fissures, as well as giant stone pillars and massive tubeworms.

Scintal Reef: A massive coral reef to the southwest of Nazjatar, populated by makrura and home to their primitive, tribal capital, Makrura.

So, there, 12 potential zones which can easily be paired down to the standard 7-8 of an expansion, with possible alterations to raise some landmasses to the surface, so as to not make it so heavily focused on underwater content.
    Zones yeah sure, but there's not much IN them.

We could go to Tel'Abim and eat bananas all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Zones yeah sure, but there's not much IN them.
    Blizzard would naturally populate them with creatures, quest hubs, storylines, and so forth.

There originally wasn't much to the zones of Northrend either. Crystalsong Forest, described as "a forest with trees made of crystal", or Borean Tundra, pretty much described as "boring tundra," or Howling Fjord, "pretty much a fjord." And yet they made all of the zones rather interesting, wouldn't you think?

People don't seem to fucking know what "RETCON" means. A retcon is when they change a part of the story that was established into something different.
    Adding stuff they never mentioned before is NOT a retcon, so stop fucking calling it that and chaining it to all the baggage the word carries with it.
    Making Malfurion into Illidan's childhood friend would be a retcon, finding out Illidan and Malfurion have a sister or brother would not be a retcon. (Unless specifically stated otherwise)

Fleshing out and embellishing established or un-established details is not retconning. The Twilight Highlands was not a retcon.

Not only is there room for a new continent, plenty of alien worlds, we also have the moons of Azeroth as well.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-03-26 at 06:45 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    i would like to see the world of argus.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    to everyone using the ulduar globe as a reference.. please stop. that is silly, this is a game and the creators are free to reboot stuff without going back and changing graphics from out of date content.
    B]earth, 1600.[/B] http://www.sonofthesouth.net/revolut...d-map-1600.jpg

earth, 2013. http://www.frui.co.uk/images/maps/world_map_1960.jpg

hmm..
    Earth 2060