Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    where you getting this number from? different sources state there as either being three (proven false), four, or five old gods.

And Wrathion is the only black dragon not corrupted by the old gods.
    im just speculating on the number 7. its a strong number,

and wrathion is a pure black dragon egg. yes i know he is not corrupted by the old gods. because he serves them/is one himself. you dont have to be corrupted to serve the old gods. look at the mantid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    the answer is simple.
    azeroth's version of r'lyeh.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%27lyeh
    sure nzoth might be a huge bad guy old god that lives under nazjatar and the maelstrom, but if the ulduar globes can be trusted, there is still a large mass of ocean on the opposite side of the globe.

lovecraft's site of r'yleh is quite near the oceanic point of inaccessibility, where there is no major land within a huge area. seems pretty similar to the ulduar globe.

lovecraft on cthulhu

from the puzzle box of yogg saron

n'zoth is the presumed speculation of who is in ny'alotha, the city referenced in the puzzle box of yogg saron, but what if that is not the case.
    if nzoth is in nazjatar, and nazjatar is not ny'alotha, then what is?
    before the sundering, azeroth was one enormous continent with the well of eternity in the center, and zin-azshari was on its shores. during the sundering, zin-azshari sunk as a whole damaged landmass into the seas. after azshara accepted the old gods help, transforming the highbourne into naga, they built nazjatar. it can be a safe assumption that nazjatar was built around and in old zin-azshari. both are close the the well of eternity/the rift

so there is an old god near the rift, and it is most likely nzoth, however, the well of eternity was not always underwater, so the old god underneath the well wasnt always underwater. moreso importantly, when the titans chose the well of eternity for its location and its power, why would they build it on top of an old god? did they know of the old gods at the time? was the well used as a prison?

ny'alotha is similar to nylarthotep, a figure in lovecraft mythos. since blizzard uses lots of lovecraft mythos charachter names as inspirations, ill elaborate on nylarthotep. nylarthotep is known as the crawling chaos, and the god of a thousand forms. his father is azathoth(azeroth), and one of his siblings are the nameless mist. nylarthotep is known as a great deceiver and walks the word of men in the guise of a tall, slim and joyous man. he has thousands of other forms and most of them are horrifying. he cultivates followers and uses propoganda to achieve his desires. he has a mocking contempt for his masters. this sounds very familiar to me.
    wrathion.
    one of my speculations that ive posted before is wrathion was always evil. he is using us (the players) as followers and is using propoganda to achieve his goals. he wishes the sha, and all of their followers to be destroyed. he wants a united army to be ready to stand against the legion.

now azathoth is the supreme grandfather of the lovecraftian gods. in a family tree that lovecraft explained, he was the direct progenitor of all of the gods. his children, nylarthotep, the nameless mists and the darkness. his 7 known best offspring are yog-sothoth, shub-niggurath, nug and yeb, wilbur whateley, cthulhu and tsathooggua.
    a common speculation has been that there are 5 old gods, and each location of the old god draws out a pentagram. this is a cool assumption, but has been proven false and also does not fall into lovecraftian similarities.

the known old gods are now cthun, yogg saron, nzoth and yshaarj. yshaarj's body was destroyed by the titans and formed the 7 sha.
    puzzle box

the 7th sha was recently revealed as the sha of pride, which 'created the mists'. shaohao conquered all of the sha, his negative emotions, except his pride. shaohao says "that pride is good, and it is bad. more dangerous than all the others combined." "only by working together, can we overcome the darkness, all that stands in our way is pride" this new information reveals that the pandaren, through shaohao are inherently vessels of the old god's power.

so ive gotten pretty far off course from my original statement of that azeroth's ry'leh is on the opposite side of the maelstrom. but taking into account the vast similarities and inspirations blizzard takes from lovecraft mythos, there are a lot of correlations. so ill simplify them.
    azeroth-azathoth. the supreme old god.
    wrathion-nylarthotep. the great deceiver, seeks to undermine his elders for his own agenda.
    7 sha-birthed of yshaarj when his body was destroyed. latched onto the pandaren people. purged by shaohao, except for the final sha, pride.
    the puzzle box of yogg saron-as cryptic as it is insightful. i see this as the works of lovecraft, adapted to fit WoW.
    there are 7 old gods. we know of 4. 3 remain unknown. one has been speculated to be underneath tirisfal glades.
    the massive oceanic expanse opposite the maelstrom on azeroth is home to unknown power. it holds no travel routes, and is not known to be traversed. thats a very big area of potential use.
    Gotta say: love the idea of an old god expansion!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    My other point why this isn't plausible:

If there's "another side" to Azeroth, why haven't the Horde nor Alliance travelled there yet?

I mean, it's not like they've decided "LET'S JUST GO EAST (FROM KALIMDOR), GUYS." and vice versa for the Eastern Kingdoms.

well, in lore it says people have sailed that way, but none ever return. its never really been comfirmed if theres anything there or just some water between EK and kalimdor.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Those maps also don't show Pandaria.

Right there the "globes confirm no continent" theory is shot dead.
    that wasn't his point
    the point is that we're not seeing 1 side of the globe when we open our map, we're seeing the globe in a flat/map position. there is no empty other side, just a few empty spots on our current in-game world map

Deleted
    Nobody mentioned Evan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtxXeLoV6Nc

It's a long way to Tipperary.

Call me crazy, but wasn't Azeroth originally intended to be flat? Obviously the globes in Wrath verified it to be round, but considering we're supposed to believe you can't sail from Western Kalimdor to Eastern EK, just seems to me flatness was implied. This is a fantasy world after all, there's little need for the world to be round. Draenor couldn't have been round before it was destroyed, could it? Because if that were the case, then what's left of it is only a small percentage of the planet (which happens to contain all of the landmasses referenced to before the destruction). I don't know, I wish they'd just ignore the existence of those globes and just have Azeroth be flat. A whole half of the planet being completely unexplored and/or covered with water just seems silly.

as one of the first landmass-around-swimmers of azeroth i can tell you, the Map of Vanilla WoW was also only a good guess and not reality. You could take a swim from the north of undercity to the east and around to booty bay and swim through the whole landmass of the ghostlands which were already indicated at least on the world map. It*s just bad cartographers. So of course there could be other missing landmasses there, because the cartographers are fallible or forgetful, what was i saying?

Oh right, it's just bad cartographing of azerothians and titans etc. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    They could introduce a third faction, allow players to leave Horde/Alliance and join that faction. Infact, allow the whole race/faction thing to become more transient.
    No. They would need to re-work all of the bg's and there would be super long que's also they would need to redesign every zone for quest hubs for this faction. And lorewise this doesn't make sense either, a new faction comes out of nowhere and some how can compete with the two most dominate factions in the world? Stop with this idea already it won't happen.

OT: I personally believe it is a new burning legion invasion.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    No. They would need to re-work all of the bg's and there would be super long que's also they would need to redesign every zone for quest hubs for this faction. And lorewise this doesn't make sense either, a new faction comes out of nowhere and some how can compete with the two most dominate factions in the world? Stop with this idea already it won't happen.

OT: I personally believe it is a new burning legion invasion.
    This guy in the other thread mentioned making all races able to choose a faction for the next expansion, maybe thatd work better than a third burning legion faction or whatever

My other point why this isn't plausible:

If there's "another side" to Azeroth, why haven't the Horde nor Alliance travelled there yet?

I mean, it's not like they've decided "LET'S JUST GO EAST (FROM KALIMDOR), GUYS." and vice versa for the Eastern Kingdoms.
    The lore states that hen the Highborne were expelled from Kalimdor they traveled west, and it took years for them to land in what is now Quel'Thalas. So if anything is there it is plenty of ocean. (or the elves were bad sailors, as they never needed to use vessels before)

There is no other side of Azeroth... when you open world map of Azeroth in game you see BOTH sides.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeWyndham View Post
    This guy in the other thread mentioned making all races able to choose a faction for the next expansion, maybe thatd work better than a third burning legion faction or whatever
    Doing this could ease tension between the Horde and Alliance but it could also risk losing that special something that made each faction unique.Also this could finally Shut people up who want High Elves on the Alliance.Seriously guys I love the high/blood elves as much as the next guy but more than two elf races seems a bit excessive.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-03-27 at 01:44 AM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The lore states that hen the Highborne were expelled from Kalimdor they traveled west, and it took years for them to land in what is now Quel'Thalas. So if anything is there it is plenty of ocean. (or the elves were bad sailors, as they never needed to use vessels before)
    Maybe when they traveled through the other side of the world, all of them were wearing blindfolds and thus didn't manage to get a glimpse of the raging-big undiscovered land mass.

Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    that wasn't his point
    the point is that we're not seeing 1 side of the globe when we open our map, we're seeing the globe in a flat/map position. there is no empty other side, just a few empty spots on our current in-game world map
    I think we should go by the globes more than the map tbh, and besides what if theres another maelstrom and it pushes land masses out to make room for a new one?

Sorry, I just refuse to believe that an entire planet is only 4 small continents that take 5 minutes to fly from one side to the other. If you want to use the "What we see is just a small scale version, in lore they are much bigger" can't the same thing be applied to those stupid little holographs in Ulduar? They don't have Pandaria on them, Tol'Barad. Hell, they have Teldrassil on the Titan's map which is a big-ass tree, grown between the events of WC3 and WoW. WAAYYY after the Titan's built Ulduar. Those stupid globes AREN'T ACCURATE. Look at the planet Azeroth when you zoom out to the Outland map, even Northrend isn't properly shown on that map, and it's showing one side of the planet as well.

Deleted
    Azshara and the Old Gods.

If you don't get what I mean by now, the Naga are most likely going to raise their kingdoms and the Ocean Floor to the surface and create an entire continent in the center of Azeroth, located around the Maelstrom.
    The puzzle box of Yogg-Saron mentioned a 'sleeping city of Ny'alotha' also mentioning 'Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes...', one idea is that Nazjatar the capital city of the Naga is Ny'alotha. I can see the 'true Endtime' Muruzond spoke of, also since we've woke up 3 of the many Old Gods they may as well stop keeping me in suspense... I WANT MY H.P. LOVECRAFT RAID! :'(

Anyway if any of this isn't just speculation on my end, I hope that the Naga/Old Gods make there move next expansion or the one after :P

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I could be wrong, but didn't they land in Western Tirisfal Glades before realizing the place was tainted by the Old Gods (a few of them went insane), then migrating/stealing Quel'Thalas?
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2013-03-27 at 04:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    What? I can't get my head around the level of stupidity in this thread. There is no other side, the map we see ingame is just a flattened globe, just like we have flat maps of Earth? Unless there's this whole undiscovered side of Earth we haven't seen yet!

Now before you all gather up, take me to the town square and burn me alive, some proof...

Unless you are all talking about some mass of undiscovered land somewhere on that "globe", wich seems doubtfull.
    You are not every good with globs are you? And you insulted us Lol. There is a whole 3D globe in there. Right now it appears as a huge blank ocean. But something most be back there Or a huge empty ocean. Still its not a flat map like you make it out to be.

Can someone who is a genius and 100% certain that the globes are accurate please explain this?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    West? The highborne sailed east to Tirisfal, but it was creepy and posessed so they moved north to Quelthalas.