Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I hope not, not for the next one anyway. Enough of being on Azeroth with continents appearing out of nowhere imo.
    What's "enough" to me are these armchair critics holding it against Blizzard for not establishing every single aspect of the lore in this game from the beginning in stone, as if it's cheating to make something up as you go along with it. Oh no, Blizz didn't have every expansion planned out 18 years in advance!? /sarcasm

This is not a global society as we know it. The world has not been fully explored and mapped. Only in the last decade was open contact established between the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

It's not as if gnomes on gyrocopter's have made a Google Earth map of Azeroth. We travel mostly based on necessity, or as freebooting mercenaries, pirates, and explorers, and there is still plenty to be explored on Azeroth.

People just love to point out perceived faults, but in this context you just come as a missing the point. A game like WOW is something you "play along with" in this context. There are certain rules you don't break if you don't want to insult the intelligence of the fans, like blatantly changing what was well known and established, but detailing new places on the planet we haven't been to isn't breaking that silent contract. We nerds do love our details, but in this case people are just wrong and making assumptions about the level of globalization this society has achieved in WOW.

Not showing these places on a globe of the planet years before they came up with the idea is not the crime you guys make it out to be. It's just pedantry. Lighten up and play along.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-03-27 at 07:58 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Can someone who is a genius and 100% certain that the globes are accurate please explain this?

Hmmm....Veiled Sea..that's interesting. If the two seas have opposing currents their meeting point must be made up of whirlpools, unstab waves and waves slamming into each other constantly, which may explain why is dangerous to travel at this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    What? I can't get my head around the level of stupidity in this thread. There is no other side, the map we see ingame is just a flattened globe, just like we have flat maps of Earth? Unless there's this whole undiscovered side of Earth we haven't seen yet!

Now before you all gather up, take me to the town square and burn me alive, some proof...

Unless you are all talking about some mass of undiscovered land somewhere on that "globe", wich seems doubtfull.
    Neither is there Pandaria if you haven't noticed already. Which by the way, wasn't hidden when that globe would have been created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    How can Azeroth have lands on the other side when it only had one landmass. That one landmass spilt up into the four continents today (Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend and Pandaria) as well as all the small islands and isle in between.
    Even if there is another side of Azeroth, which really is no surprise considering it's a planet, there is nothing there but ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    There must be something on the other side of Azeroth... There's too much potentian to waste :/
    And more underwater zones would be great.
    Vashj'ir was great!
    No, no more water zones. Fuck that idea, the whole zone of Vashj'ir was terrible. I leveled all 12 toons of mine in hyjal because of my hatred of being "underwater."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    What's "enough" to me are these armchair critics holding it against Blizzard for not establishing every single aspect of the lore in this game from the beginning in stone, as if it's cheating to make something up as you go along with it. Oh no, Blizz didn't have every expansion planned out 18 years in advance!? /sarcasm

This is not a global society as we know it. The world has not been fully explored and mapped. Only in the last decade was open contact established between the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

It's not as if gnomes on gyrocopter's have made a Google Earth map of Azeroth. We travel mostly based on necessity, or as freebooting mercenaries, pirates, and explorers, and there is still plenty to be explored on Azeroth.

People just love to point out perceived faults, but in this context you just come as a missing the point. A game like WOW is something you "play along with" in this context. There are certain rules you don't break if you don't want to insult the intelligence of the fans, like blatantly changing what was well known and established, but detailing new places on the planet we haven't been to isn't breaking that silent contract. We nerds do love our details, but in this case people are just wrong and making assumptions about the level of globalization this society has achieved in WOW.

Not showing these places on a globe of the planet years before they came up with the idea is not the crime you guys make it out to be. It's just pedantry. Lighten up and play along.
    I like how you criticise my opinion and tell everyone to accept yours. Sorry, Overlord Yig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Neither is there Pandaria if you haven't noticed already. Which by the way, wasn't hidden when that globe would have been created.
    Pandaria is not represented on this globe simply cause it would spoil the players ...

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Can someone who is a genius and 100% certain that the globes are accurate please explain this?

I have an explanation.
    It's a video game.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-27 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    No, no more water zones. Fuck that idea, the whole zone of Vashj'ir was terrible. I leveled all 12 toons of mine in hyjal because of my hatred of being "underwater."
    Not being able to jump while questing goes against everything World of Warcraft is about.

DO we even know that azeroth is a sphere-like planet?
    It might be flat, or just have one side. Yeah i know hard to envision, but well magic and stuff made it fly.

I am not much into lore, so my question might come off stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer to see whats under Azeroth, including a return to the Spider Kingdom and Undermine (which I picture as a giant underground, goblin version of New York City).

Another side to Azeroth is plausible because no one has ever returned and also why can't the world be so big that it needs two maps?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the wow WIKI the lore states that no one knows what's over there, but it's dangerous. I really think it's a blank slate with plenty of potential to create new lore/races/continents. I think they should start out leaving clues in archeology fragments and have an exploration go out from both horde and alliance to race to discover the new land.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    In the wow WIKI the lore states that no one knows what's over there, but it's dangerous. I really think it's a blank slate with plenty of potential to create new lore/races/continents. I think they should start out leaving clues in archeology fragments and have an exploration go out from both horde and alliance to race to discover the new land.
    Guarantee that's to come. Usually with each expansion we get a bunch of hints on the next expansion, but since we're balls deep in legion alarms, it may not be for a while.
    Also: a reason to do Archaeology!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the kvaldir are back there and they sailed north to land on the other side of northrend at Hrothgar's Landing

Waiting for the Emerald Dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0MlBEmM-io

and that video was released in '08, imagine the progress they have made in 5 years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    I think the kvaldir are back there and they sailed north to land on the other side of northrend at Hrothgar's Landing
    oh wow, that sounds pretty awesome. there's just so much potential for what could be derping around back there. i have always been a staunch believer that we'll see whats there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    oh wow, that sounds pretty awesome. there's just so much potential for what could be derping around back there. i have always been a staunch believer that we'll see whats there.
    Just aslong as it's not another lore dud like cataclysm i'll be fine with anything.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-03-27 at 08:55 PM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    Waiting for the Emerald Dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0MlBEmM-io

and that video was released in '08, imagine the progress they have made in 5 years!
    Maybe they've got one guy working on it in the Blizzard HQ basement and he's spent those 5 years making more swirly green grass and floating trees.
    Then it's released and all 9 million subscribers stumble around in a green fog for two years.
    I'd buy that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    Maybe they've got one guy working on it in the Blizzard HQ basement and he's spent those 5 years making more swirly green grass and floating trees.
    Then it's released and all 9 million subscribers stumble around in a green fog for two years.
    I'd buy that.
    i always picture the emerald nightmare to look similar to Halloween town from the nightmare before Christmas.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Sorry to bust your bubble here, but there is no other side of Azeroth.

1. A Blizz Rep has already stated it a while back. I don't have the link but I do recall reading it.
    2. There are holograms in Ulduar, Uldum, Mage quest from 4.2, etc, that depict Azeroth as a spherical planet. There is no other side in these holograms.
    3. Blizz most likely won't pull the, "it was invisible" thing again, as they have used that for multiple occasions. Plus, we are talking about half of an entire planet here.
    4. There is no lore even hinting at this.

As for the Emerald Dream thing:

Blizz did at one point have plans for the expansion, and data for it is in the game files. BUT... every problem regarding the Emerald Dream has wrapped up in books. Besides, all it would be is regular Azeroth all green and stuff.