Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, this concept has never really appealed to me. We have so many significant events taking place in the lands we do know, with Titan facilities and Old Gods and what not - if anything's on the other side, can it really be that important or compelling? All the action's happening where we've already been.

I think it's just open ocean, anyway.

Hopefully they won't come up with another pandarian continent for us to "explore".

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Hopefully they won't come up with another pandarian continent for us to "explore".
    Wouldn't mind seeing more of the Uldum floating tower thing. Maybe a whole city...

Guys, they just added in the last patch. You can now again see Azeroth's second moon. Even during the day you can see it. Blizzard have always hinted the next expansion before its been announced (the globe in Ulduar).

Could the moon have anything to do with the next expansion pack?. Like it will take place there?.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there's, like, this giant Ulduar-esque facility on the moon. Algalon would hang out there as one big Marvel comics reference. That would be great.

Also, there's a crashed goblin rocket-ship on it from ages ago, and there's moon goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPeter View Post
    Guys, they just added in the last patch. You can now again see Azeroth's second moon. Even during the day you can see it. Blizzard have always hinted the next expansion before its been announced (the globe in Ulduar).

Could the moon have anything to do with the next expansion pack?. Like it will take place there?.
    As Golden Yak says, unless there's an Ulduar-style titan construction there, there really won't be enough there to base an expansion around.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread and it seems to have been overlooked; The Sundering destroyed 85% of the Landmass of the meta-continent Kalimdor, the resulting masses of EK, Kalimdor and Northrend were all that were known to survived. That lore's already been retconned a little with the introduction of Pandaria (Shao Hao shrouds the Continent in mist which leads others to believe the land was destroyed) but I can't see them retconning the Sundering even more by adding yet another land mass. The only way they could do it and it wouldn't be completely screwed is if there was another Pandaria that was somehow protected and shielded from the explosion but then you pose the question; How many times can do it before you get tired of "But wait... Yet another Continent has been found!".

I'd guess the only logical expansions for Azeroth are; For Queen Azshara to raise the ruins from the floor or for there to be a Titanic island that was shielded from the Cataclysm because it was Titanic and/or a post-Sundering monitoring station that was setup, perhaps post-Ulduar if Algalon gets involved.

Beyond another continent or nagatown, there's also the moon, the underground, the elemental planes (we've only really been to Deepholm, and that was a cool zone), and other prime planes (Outland/Draenor was one of those).

That "leaked" expansion list from several years back implied that our next expansion would be to prime planes that the Burning Legion attacked; K'aresh, Argus, Mac'Aree, Xorroth, etc. That would be pretty cool. I'd love to see an expansion with players teaming up with the Ethereals to protect, arm, and train rebel "freedom fighter" forces on all those worlds overrun by the Burning Legion. Finally to go on the offensive against the burning legion, rather than being in defensive mode all the time.

The Wrathion storyline does strongly imply that the next expansion will be burning legion-centric. We haven't seen anything out of them for two entire expansions, after all, and they are a prime antagonist in Warcraft.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-05-28 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Beyond another continent or nagatown, there's also the moon, the underground, the elemental planes (we've only really been to Deepholm, and that was a cool zone), and other prime planes (Outland/Draenor was one of those).

That "leaked" expansion list from several years back implied that our next expansion would be to prime planes that the Burning Legion attacked; K'aresh, Argus, Mac'Aree, Xorroth, etc. That would be pretty cool. I'd love to see an expansion with players teaming up with the Ethereals to protect, arm, and train rebel "freedom fighter" forces on all those worlds overrun by the Burning Legion. Finally to go on the offensive against the burning legion, rather than being in defensive mode all the time.

The Wrathion storyline does strongly imply that the next expansion will be burning legion-centric. We haven't seen anything out of them for two entire expansions, after all, and they are a prime antagonist in Warcraft.
    Elemental planes are good as dungeons/raids, dunno about a whole expansion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    Elemental planes are good as dungeons/raids, dunno about a whole expansion though.
    I'd love to see more of Skywall and Firelands. More actual geography - forests in the firelands with trees of stone and leaves and flame, hills in Skylands with cliffsmade of fog and caves of stormclouds. Could see some of the border lands too, where the planes intersect - the frozen region where Abyssal Maw meets the Skylands, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dariusz2k View Post
    Pirate Hero class, I can see it, dual wielding pistols. It'd be a new ranged class, and no pets like hunter because well...they're pirates.
    parrot is allowed
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Enjoy this while you decide:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    parrot is allowed
    Must you necro a thread over a month old?

Quote Originally Posted by LordPeter View Post

I thought the moon was added back in Cata...I don't think it's all that recent.

Deleted
    Would be a massive disappointment if there isnt new planet or somethin like that in next expansion.

My bet's on Azshara summoning the Legion (as heavily hinted by Wrathion), weather forecast: infernals. More watery (bleh) environments.
    All hidden by the power of ... badum dum tsss... foreshadowing!
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2013-07-08 at 12:26 AM.

Except in this the ocean on both ends are the same (the Pacific) whereas the oceans on either side of Azeroth have two completely different names.

would be pretty lame if they just pulled something out of their ass to "justify" the new expansions theme and invent a continent on azeroth. algalons globe clearly shows that nothing is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    would be pretty lame if they just pulled something out of their ass to "justify" the new expansions theme and invent a continent on azeroth. algalons globe clearly shows that nothing is there.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't his globe also not include Pandaria? Which was already known to be south of the maelstrom.
    It only shows a polar ice cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    It's been known there's a continent on the back which we haven't explored yet, which has very vile and dangerous creatures.