Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    would be pretty lame if they just pulled something out of their ass to "justify" the new expansions theme and invent a continent on azeroth. algalons globe clearly shows that nothing is there.
    It's been known there's a continent on the back which we haven't explored yet, which has very vile and dangerous creatures.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    It's been known there's a continent on the back which we haven't explored yet, which has very vile and dangerous creatures.
    Yes, it has been known... wtf?

  3. #343
    Elemental Lord endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    8,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Enjoy this while you decide:

    That was the single most awesomest thing I haz ever witnessed in my lifes. All of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    My other point why this isn't plausible:

    If there's "another side" to Azeroth, why haven't the Horde nor Alliance travelled there yet?

    I mean, it's not like they've decided "LET'S JUST GO EAST (FROM KALIMDOR), GUYS." and vice versa for the Eastern Kingdoms.
    Because Azeroth is hella dangerous, and nobody who set out to explore those waters ever returned. Anduin found Pandaria by accident. Jaina and Thrall only knew about Kalimdor because Medivh told them. People probably only knew about Northrend because they could physically see it from Quel'danas and parts of Kul Tiras, and it still went largely unexplored.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  5. #345
    Bloodsail Admiral Rhywolver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Because Azeroth is hella dangerous, and nobody who set out to explore those waters ever returned. Anduin found Pandaria by accident. Jaina and Thrall only knew about Kalimdor because Medivh told them. People probably only knew about Northrend because they could physically see it from Quel'danas and parts of Kul Tiras, and it still went largely unexplored.
    Heh, I have to think of WoW's beta / first months, when I was still unsure if those sinking/ disappearing ships were a bug or a feature. Because of the dangerous maelstrom and stuff.


    I really hope they are done with the continents and don't rise another one suddenly from the sea or discover more that was covered in mysterious mists. Maybe some isles sooner or later, but I'd rather explore one of the moons or different planets, at least if it's not too space-technologically.



    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Enjoy this while you decide:

    O_o Epic video!
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

  6. #346
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    I really hope they are done with the continents and don't rise another one suddenly from the sea or discover more that was covered in mysterious mists. Maybe some isles sooner or later, but I'd rather explore one of the moons or different planets, at least if it's not too space-technologically.
    Probably not.

    As it stands, the other side of Azeroth is an obvious place to put another continent or four when Blizzard decides to add more land to Azeroth. For now, however, I see tow likely possibilities for the enxt story.

    1: The Burning Legion.
    That would require a new landmass somewhere. But the Burning Legion wouldn't just isolate themselves to one continent with a good reason to do so. They also want the WoE so that's Hyjal and Kalimdor.

    The alternative would be a world event that prompts the Horde/Alliance to go offworld again.

    2: Azshara
    This too would require a new landmass? Why? Because I doubt Blizzard is likely to place an entire XPac underwater given the response to VJ. Unfortunately, the landmass most associated with her is underwater. Fortunately, we've already had hints about land rising form the depths, and the return of Kul Tiras and Kezan.

    I doubt we'll be gettings Isles without a continent. That didn't work in Cata.

    EJL

  7. #347
    Bloodsail Admiral Rhywolver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Probably not.

    As it stands, the other side of Azeroth is an obvious place to put another continent or four when Blizzard decides to add more land to Azeroth. For now, however, I see tow likely possibilities for the enxt story.

    1: The Burning Legion.
    That would require a new landmass somewhere. But the Burning Legion wouldn't just isolate themselves to one continent with a good reason to do so. They also want the WoE so that's Hyjal and Kalimdor.

    The alternative would be a world event that prompts the Horde/Alliance to go offworld again.
    If the Burning Legion really comes back to Azeroth this time, it's a great chance to revive all older zones with dynamic events, maybe really random spawn portals or whatever. The technology they had for 1.11 (Shadow of the Necropolis) or the pre-Wrath worldevents wasn't bad, today it could be made much better.

    Such portals could even bring you to new zones, where you have to close that portals from the other side.


    2: Azshara
    This too would require a new landmass? Why? Because I doubt Blizzard is likely to place an entire XPac underwater given the response to VJ. Unfortunately, the landmass most associated with her is underwater. Fortunately, we've already had hints about land rising form the depths, and the return of Kul Tiras and Kezan.

    I doubt we'll be gettings Isles without a continent. That didn't work in Cata.

    EJL
    I hope that won't happen. It's an horrible idea that Azshara will raise a continent - she would rather drown existing continents, but I get the idea. From a gameplay experience underwater combat isn't really something most players are looking forward to, but raising a continent because of that? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a giant underwater city / continent that is under a magical dome?
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    If the Burning Legion really comes back to Azeroth this time, it's a great chance to revive all older zones with dynamic events, maybe really random spawn portals or whatever. The technology they had for 1.11 (Shadow of the Necropolis) or the pre-Wrath worldevents wasn't bad, today it could be made much better.

    Such portals could even bring you to new zones, where you have to close that portals from the other side.

    This is what I picture happening as well.

    It would be another cataclysm event where the EK and Kali would be invaded. We would research and develop a way to reverse the portals the BL is getting here from, we would need to close these portals and then finally in the end, take the last portal to Argus.

    Or!!! Perhaps this doesn't happen on Azeroth at all?!

    If you recall, in Outlands, there are quite a few portals which were being opened and some which were dormant. Perhaps the BL would import their army to Outlands and then come into Azeroth from the Dark Portal. I know it would be repetitive, but it could happen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    I hope that won't happen. It's an horrible idea that Azshara will raise a continent - she would rather drown existing continents, but I get the idea. From a gameplay experience underwater combat isn't really something most players are looking forward to, but raising a continent because of that? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a giant underwater city / continent that is under a magical dome?
    Again, your onto something awesome here.

    What if the Naga took down land masses. Sink all the major cities! Any of which are near bodies of water.

    Thunderbluff and Iron Forge would be safe, but SW and Org would be screwed. The naga could be planting devices which would cause earth quakes that can pretty much seperate SW and Ogrimarr from their continents.

    It would be the perfect revenge. It really all adds up.

  9. #349
    necro posting again

    go azshara

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I always imagined that the other side of Azeroth would be saved for something big.

    If you open the game map and tilt your head side-ways, you have Pandaria as a representation of Asia, EK as a representation of Europe, and Kalimdor as a representation of Africa. This is reinforced by their geography (plains and desert in Africa, heavy lush forest and mountains in Europe, bamboo jungles and steppes environment in Asia).

    I left our Northrend because... well, I have no reason for that.

    BUT - if you consider the concept of the map, the "other side of Azeroth" would naturally be the "new world". South America could be the troll expansion where we finish off the Zandalari (Zul and Rahstakhan).

    But the question remains... what do we do about a North America-esque continent? We could go the route of Native Americans, but that would overlap with Tauren quite a bit. America lacks any real fantasy culture outside of its indigenous routes, so we might see that are be either an El Dorado "land of gold" that is the final confrontation between Horde and Alliance, or perhaps the final area where we finish off the Burning Legion.
    Interesting point. I'd quite like everything to be kept quite 'fantasy like' if you catch my drift. To your point though, if you tilt your head, what is the Southern coast of Northrend looks eerily like the real Eastern part of North America.
    -- To troll or not to troll? --

  11. #351

    Other Side

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    I believe the reason nobody has mapped out the other side of Azeroth is because whoever travels there ends up never coming back. Just imagine Chris Columbus travelling through a world filled with Bermuda Triangles and water demons.
    Or, maybe they do get there, just whatever lives there is much more powerful and kills them. This would explain why nobody has ever come back. There would likely be a land mass there, inhabited by some species that is gaining power and waiting for the right moment to strike the rest of Azeroth.

  12. #352
    Since we have more than enough areas on Azeroth and Draenor (known), it'll never happen.

  13. #353
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    35,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Since we have more than enough areas on Azeroth and Draenor (known), it'll never happen.
    What else do we have that could be added if that's the case then >.>
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    "The world of Azeroth also has lands located at the other side, beyond the Veiled Sea to the west of Kalimdor, and beyond the Forbidding Sea to the east of the Eastern Kingdoms. No one is sure or has knowledge of what kind of creatures, lands, cultures, life, and sentient being lives in the other side of Azeroth. It is clear though that it is very dangerous."

    "A handful of ships have ventured from Kalimdor away from the Maelstrom — to the north, west, and south. None have yet returned."

    After the Burning Crusade was released and Blizzard were asked to reflect on the reaction it got, they claimed that players actually preferred spending their time on Azeroth, that high or "space fantasy" conflicted with the games gothic tone. With Northrend and Pandaria now complete, the amount of places to visit is now limited to a) the islands of the South Seas (Zandalar, Tomb of Sargaras, possibly underwater zones though the reaction to Vash'jir wasn't exactly positive) or b) some type of sky city in the vein of Vortex Pinnacle or c) the elusive "other side of Azeroth".



    Like with Northrend or Pandaria, there's really nothing to see map-wise. Theories have been MORE PANDA MIST, or maybe the Titans didn't want anyone knowing what's there when they built their glittery globes.



    Naturally, the next expansion must be Burning Legion themed (I mean, there's only 7 million clues), but perhaps this could be a future one? It'd be a shame to see it Anubarak'd into something small like a SUPER SECRET LANDMASS PATCH with 10 bosses and 200 dailies, but I can't even speculate on what actually MIGHT be there.

    Thoughts?
    There is no other side of Azeroth. West to Kailmdor is Eastern Kingdoms. North of Northrend is Pandaria. It's a globe.

    Also, nice necro.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What else do we have that could be added if that's the case then >.>
    Azeroth
    Kezan
    Kul Tiras
    Zandalar

    Draenor
    Goria
    Farahlon

    With the Broken Isles treatment, all of those areas could be an expansion onto themselves.

  16. #356
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    3,181
    Yes I know this is an old bumped topic. But I don't believe in an "other side" azeroth.

    With how they shape the world map in Chronicle 1, and put Pandaria/Suramar etc in their place, and also connected things like Uldum/Ulduar, or how Yaungol migrated to what's now Mulgore it would be weird to just magically add another continent.

    I rather see them add more areas we know exist like Nazjatar (underseas), Zandalar , Tel Abim, Undermine, Kul Tiras etc.

    Going forward, it's easier to add new planets imo, but I have no idea how the story will be anyway after the World-Soul ever wakes up or gets saved...

    The void is just another foe/dark energy they can really stretch their writing out as no major named enemies are known yet, yes we have seen glimpses of it, mainly in TBC/Legion and Alternate Draenor.

    However Dimensional ships like Exodar/Tempest keep are already established in lore, so the means of travel are there, even tho often simplified like khadgar suddenly opening his own dark portal to summon workers to build your garrison

    We still have a slumbering Lich King, an Old God and Naga Queen to deal with at home but I don't see a whole new continent, and rather reworked zones again in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms/Ocean/Islands...
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-14 at 04:24 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •