Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    What makes you think governments are fit to govern?

The U.K. has a Business Secretary that has never run a business, our Health Secretary used to be our Culture Secretary. Where are these educted individuals you speak of?

Plan of last resort, a plan that we need to be prepared to use.

Degrees in politics or applicable sceinces.

Experience governing over the course of many years.

They don't hire people that don't best fit the job, it is in the interest of the political party to hire the best qualified people. They won't just hire randoms for the sake of it . Do you even apply logic to your arguments.

A lost resort plan is an irrelevance, the government would also consider the same but we are far, far far from that. Defaulting would totally ruin the country. (look at greece, cyprus, etc)

Because Grammar is a key part in having fantastic ideas. Tell you what, I'll let a few of my friends know that they should quit their executive jobs because their grammar is appalling!
    If you try to be all pro-national, at least write correctly in your native language. It's not a key part, but it does seem silly when people cry out for nationalism, and at the same time they are unable to even do that grammatically correct.
    Even though I do support your enthusiasm in this question, your ideas are still outdated in the 21 century, and are not welcome in todays society. Nationalism to such extent is not something many support these days, so I would suggest trying to adapt to the currently popular political regimes instead, than trying to convert everything to the "old days".

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    Degrees in politics or applicable sceinces.
    Brilliant. Look at what all those degrees got us into? £1.6 Trillion debt due to insane borrowing and spending over the last 16 years. My faith in political degrees is below zero.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    If you try to be all pro-national, at least write correctly in your native language. It's not a key part, but it does seem silly when people cry out for nationalism, and at the same time they are unable to even do that grammatically correct.
    Even though I do support your enthusiasm in this question, your ideas are still outdated in the 21 century, and are not welcome in todays society. Nationalism to such extent is not something many support these days, so I would suggest trying to adapt to the currently popular political regimes instead, than trying to convert everything to the "old days".
    Because my faults with typing to fast, making a spelling mistake or a grammar mistake is totally going to ruin my desire to return the U.K. to its former glory! You're right, I'll go hang myself now because i've let down past generations!

Typically, I run everything I type past a few people who are paid to re-write and publish what I put down with all the grammar nazi awards applied! I'm not going to do that for MMO-Champion now, am I?
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-03-25 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    How am I going after the poor people? Tax Breaks, Lower Taxes, More money in their pocket ... I don't see one policy that will attack people on low incomes! Even those on Job Seekers have a chance to gain Work Experience, Keep themselves fit and mentally in a work ethos and earn more money ...

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:25 PM ----------

We could go as extreme as to simply threaten to default on our debts with them, and be prepared to do so. The U.K. would lose massively by doing so, but we'd have a clean slate to work with. I'd not want to do that, but the simple fact is that many of the loan providers would be prepared to lower rates for better yield in the long term!
    Way to fuck up any chance of anyone trusting the UK ever again, we already have a bad reputation in the world because of our former Empire, now you will make sure that people genuinely hate us for a good reason. Please, never go into politics, you clearly cannot think outside of your special plan.

A good leader needs to be able to adapt and formulate new plans quickly without treading on too many toes. You not only stood on toes, you broke every bone in them.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brilliant. Look at what all those degrees got us into? £1.6 Trillion debt due to insane borrowing and spending over the last 16 years. My faith in political degrees is below zero.
    It doesn't mean they are under-qualified. It means that it's not an easy "job". Which you plan to fix in 4 years. Now you are clearly under-qualified.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Just to clarify a few points you make, with regards to some of your "policies":

Economy:
    • snip
    • snip
    • snip
    • I'm not a Plan A kind of guy. I'll have Plan A through to Z. I'll change my stance, opinions and even beliefs based on the facts presented to me. If a policy of mine doesn't work, I wouldn't continue to enforce it through spite and staunch stupidity.

One of the first things I would do as Prime Minister is to visit all of our Creditors, Loan Providers, the International Monetary Fund & the World Bank and broker a deal that would see our interest rates lowered, and even frozen for the first four years of my term. This gap in repayments would give us time to enact several of our policies, and provide a series of reliefs for people in the U.K! It is important to note, that a lot of my policies and views are based on this action.
    Contradicting yourself within the first paragraph of the first issue is not a good way to start. If all of these "creditors" say no to your request, everything else you wrote is essentially useless and you have no other plans. Game over.

The second thing I would do is begin the process of totally restructuring the Taxation System. All Tax would now move to a V.A.T. system. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is an additional tax applied to certain products at the purchase. All Tax would be paid here, and no longer would the Government take their Tax cut directly from your Wage.

If you're earning £45,000 a year, under the new system you would take home every penny (Minus a few contributions perhaps, such as National Insurance), meaning you have more money to spend in your local community. The new tax system would also be a flat figure (Around 20%) meaning that overall the amount of tax people pay is drastically lower then what they do today.
    You state you would abolish the income tax system, and replace it with a VAT system? We already have a 20% VAT system in place, and as you go no further with this point I imagine you haven't done any math as to how much money the government would lose if you take away income tax? You make no mention of Corporation tax, and make the briefest of mentions for National insurance which are both the biggest hindrance for businesses to grow (and hire more people) which the current government has actually started to address in the recent budget. So far, it seems to me like this was pub talk and you thought it was a little better than it actually is...

With regards to your "Welfare" and "Immigration" policies, you clearly have less than no idea about what you are trying to discuss. The figures you quoted for Job Seekers wouldn't feed one person for a week, let alone pay rent, mortgage, utility bills or food for any other memeber of their family (think: children). Most of your immigration policies break numerous EU / UN laws so would never make it to the house let alone be passed in to law. Illegal immigrants cannot claim benefits as it stands currently (the clue being in the name "illegal immigrant", and if you are "legal immigrants" then they are entitled to the same rights as British citizens.

My advice - stop reading the Daily Mail and actually research a little basic politics / law before running for office.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It doesn't mean they are under-qualified. It means that it's not an easy "job". Which you plan to fix in 4 years. Now you are clearly under-qualified.
    It does mean they're unqualified! It means exactly that!

Because my faults with typing to fast, making a spelling mistake or a grammar mistake is totally going to ruin my desire to return the U.K. to its former glory! You're right, I'll go hang myself now because i've let down past generations!
    You also seem to be quite impulsive, which is not a good trait for a politician. You're not helping yourself.

Hyve, page 2 you missed my huge post, i think others replied really fast...

ECONOMY!
    Income tax is the UK govt's single largest source of revenue. Your VAT is at already 20% and at this rate it only brings in half of what income tax does. Sure, when people have more cash in hand they spend more, but your revenue will almost definitely decrease overall in addition to accelerating the "rich get richer" effect. They *won't* consume more(resulting in more VAT revenue) and will also be less inclined to move money to other areas (tax breaks for philanthropy and whatnot). VAT and income tax also work on the economy in different ways, it is useful to have both knobs to turn. This bit is sounding very idealistic, it does actually cost more than unicorn farts to run a government.

As an ex brit I am pretty appalled by the immigration state of the country though, I read a few months ago that native British is actually a minority in london now. I do feel they need to tighten up, and I do think there should be a time frame during which new immigrants should have to secure jobs or be deported. If they can't afford the risk, don't take it, they certainly don't need to be importing a burden. 4 million in the last decade - that is nearly 10% of the population, too much. I wonder what the reason for opening the flood gates was, baby boomer retirement offset?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Oh give me a break. His ideas may not be good, but his grammar/spelling is reasonable, and better than the grammar of many on these forums. Stop nit picking that, and get on with his points.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:38 PM ----------

Typically, I run everything I type past a few people who are paid to re-write and publish what I put down with all the grammar nazi awards applied! I'm not going to do that for MMO-Champion now, am I?

Are you suggesting we employ people WITHOUT degrees and education to run the country? fuck it why not have chimpanzees at the helm. Jesus christ.

The educations have helped the politications with damage limitation, but they are not miracle workers, note how we are in a global recession, and all of the biggest western countries and european countries got hit by it, germany to a lesser extent because they rely on different industries (and have double our population).

No level of education for our politications could have saved us from economic meltdown. I'm very close to leaving this thread given your views are totally in cloud cuckoo land.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    My advice - stop reading the Daily Mail and actually research a little basic politics / law before running for office.
    I despise the Daily Mail, and talk with multi-millionares from around the world to come to the views I have. I'm afraid I'm going to place more faith in people with experience in operating businesses that operate at more profitable levels then some Government Departments.

Deleted
    Are you suggesting we employ people WITHOUT degrees and education to run the country? fuck it why not have chimpanzees at the helm. Jesus christ.

The educations have helped the politications with damage limitation, but they are not miracle workers, note how we are in a global recession, and all of the biggest western countries and european countries got hit by it, germany to a lesser extent because they rely on different industries (and have double our population).

No level of education for our politications could have saved us from economic meltdown. I'm very close to leaving this thread given your views are totally in cloud cuckoo land.
    George W Bush?

Or we pay top money, and bring in international business leaders to operate the country?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't vote for you

You want to cut money we give to very needy people by like 116% 0o there are people that actually are not cheating the system you know and are just unlucky and have hit a down part...but hey let's make it worse by increasing poverty 0o

A lot of those jobs you suggested are actual jobs that people get paid to do, forcing people on benefits to do them would most likely put those people out of work.

Then you have the problems with ethics, it's not practical to ask someone with a disability( a large reason why people take benefits) to do tasks such as that. Especially when you have the disability discrimination act.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-03-25 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or we pay top money, and bring in international business leaders to operate the country?
    Running a country isn't the same as running a business at all.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I despise the Daily Mail, and talk with multi-millionares from around the world to come to the views I have. I'm afraid I'm going to place more faith in people with experience in operating businesses that operate at more profitable levels then some Government Departments.
    Government is not a pro-profit organization, it's not a business. It can not be operated as one, your multi-millioners know little to nothing on how to run a country. Do not listen to them. They are those lobbyists who ruin everything. They care only for their profits.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Running a country isn't the same as running a business at all.
    Yes it is. Yes it absolutely is ...

Deleted
    Business =/= politics. We already have these people employed in advisory roles in the economic departments. Do notice how they haven't made the miracle changes you have suggested, and are often quite self interested in helping their previous sector or contacts. That level of compromise can often lead to corruption, but top business leaders are employed by the government in advisory and consulatitive roles yes.

Running a country and running a business share SOME common ground but they are not the same at all, you are just proving your own naivity.