Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I think mine melted mostly due to the thermal paste drying up, never having cleaned the fan, plus noticing I've three empty fan spots in the case because I forgot to buy fans. I am... Not really much of a genius by an common definition.

But yeah, cooling is waht I be ze most worried about. It was quite annoying to see my CPU at 92'C when just playing WoW and nothing else running
    Wow that is crazy, that poor CPU. You dont need that many fans really as long as cables aren't obstructing air-flow within the case, also more fans will make it sound like deltrus' PC :P
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I think mine melted mostly due to the thermal paste drying up, never having cleaned the fan, plus noticing I've three empty fan spots in the case because I forgot to buy fans. I am... Not really much of a genius by an common definition.

But yeah, cooling is waht I be ze most worried about. It was quite annoying to see my CPU at 92'C when just playing WoW and nothing else running
    Then you may remove the GPU from the build I linked and just go with the rest?
    Or if you don't need the storage, go remove that as well.

This is a build optimised for silence, however, it does not really struggle for cooling much. Best of all. It has dust filters, to reduce the need and frequency of cleaning! :P

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Then you may remove the GPU from the build I linked and just go with the rest?
    Or if you don't need the storage, go remove that as well.

This is a build optimised for silence, however, it does not really struggle for cooling much. Best of all. It has dust filters, to reduce the need and frequency of cleaning! :P
    Right-o, but since it apparently wasn't up to par with waht I've got atm, is it going to become inadequate soon? I.e won't be able to play new upcoming games and such

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    which of those parts can be salvaged?
    would be a damm shame to waste either that cpu or gpu
    The CPU is probably a lost case. The GPU... I'm not sure. I think it's running very hot. It idled around 76'C and I've no clue how to clean the fan either. But I don't think it isn't reusable. I'd probably just buy a new graphic card. You can have this one if you like.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yes you can and Alienware, seriously? The halfwit seducers?

No, it doesn't stand;

Mycom - physical store - 100€ incl. 5 year warranty
    Computerland - physical store - 45€
    Alternate - physical store - free
    Azerty - Physical pick-up-point - free
    etc...

It might 'stand' in your country, but it's not like that in general.
    If the prices don't vary from the best deals online then fine. I can't argue about specific retailers I've never bought from. I just assume they're all the same around the world, apologize
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

The hardware you already have is still pretty good, do you have the option to go to a good store and have them help you out with recovering the working parts and use them to make a new build for you?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

@OP: I'd keep the graphics card if I were you. There's no real benefit in spending hundreds of dollars replacing that. (At least, no benefit that's really worth it.) - You can clean it by using a can of pressured air.

@Shroudster: CPU is melted. Going to put my money on it being ruined.

@Nocturnus: Any normal physical retailer (ie mycom, computerland, salland) will overprice both parts and assembly. If you still feel that's not the case, go assemble a system on Azerty (which is actually the one good shop that you mentioned) and do the same at Mycom. Stop trying to tell us they price their stuff the same. -_- You clearly haven't been in any of these shops in the last few years.

IE: 3570k Boxed @ Azerty: 202 euros. 3570k boxed @ mycom: 214 euros. They do that to ALL of their parts, and accordingly they charge 100 euros (!!!) to assemble it. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    The hardware you already have is still pretty good, do you have the option to go to a good store and have them help you out with recovering the working parts and use them to make a new build for you?
    I live pretty desolate, nothing of the sort within many miles. I'd have to take the train somewhere for that
    Would if I could...

Scarab Lord
    The CPU is probably a lost case. The GPU... I'm not sure. I think it's running very hot. It idled around 76'C and I've no clue how to clean the fan either. But I don't think it isn't reusable. I'd probably just buy a new graphic card. You can have this one if you like.
    If it idles at 75 C then something is ridiculously wrong. Not sure about the 590 but I'd say you want idle temperatures at around 33-40 degrees tops for it to be considered normal.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Right-o, but since it apparently wasn't up to par with waht I've got atm, is it going to become inadequate soon? I.e won't be able to play new upcoming games and such
    The CPU is probably a lost case. The GPU... I'm not sure. I think it's running very hot. It idled around 76'C. No clue how to clean the fan either. I'd probably just buy a new graphic card. You can have this one if you like.
    1) Are you gaming across the three monitors or just gaming on one and doing tasks on the others?
    2) There are graphics cards out there that are better, but those cost 3500 SEK for a slight improvement in performance, but a huge in temperatures, 9000 SEK and 9900 SEK for those that really improve performance
    3) Idling that high is sadly normal when you plug multiple monitors into GPUs, especially hot ones as that one.
    3.1) Options? Integrated graphics if you don't play on all monitors at once! Meaning, plug them into the motherboard

What you have really should not give you issues on gaming on 1 screen, unless they run so hot they throttle their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    If the prices don't vary from the best deals online then fine. I can't argue about specific retailers I've never bought from. I just assume they're all the same around the world, apologize
    It's all good <3.

Op go for either my build, or Tertrisgoat's build. Both are fine, though mine is OBVIOUSLY superior

ps oh and I'm assuming you're playing on 1 screen, if you're actually using 3, I think you'll need more (graphical) punch.

What you have really should not give you issues on gaming on 1 screen, unless they run so hot they throttle their performance.
    Yeah, this bit is what I'm scared of. Hence cooling being priority.

And I only have two screens plugged in since I couldn't plug in the third, it's mostly decoration. I usually have a thousand firefox tabs up one screen and run games on the other

Think I can get a nvidia equivalent on the graphic card though? I like Nvidia

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Yeah, then that could be solved by Z-branded motherboard, since you could just plug that monitor into the motherboard instead.
    I'm very unwilling to spend other people's money, but I could create you a few builds that could help?

And if you do upgrade graphics cards and what not, I would suggest selling off the GTX 590, since it's quite high in demand for people doing computational works which needs its superior CUDA for instance.

Yeah, then that could be solved by Z-branded motherboard, since you could just plug that monitor into the motherboard instead.
    I'm very unwilling to spend other people's money, but I could create you a few builds that could help?

And if you do upgrade graphics cards and what not, I would suggest selling off the GTX 590, since it's quite high in demand for people doing computational works which needs its superior CUDA for instance.
    CUDA? And I don't know, I may just give the scraps of this one to brother and have him put together something nice with for one of our sisters. They're playing on calculators essentially.

Anyway, I want as good + silent/cool high performance as I can get within that budget :x

Oh, and if you like, check laptops too. For no particular reason other than that I like spending money, I'll get a laptop as well! Budget around 7k

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    how about RMA for the cpu?
    it takes allot to kill a 2600k even with overclocking.
    got pictures perhaps how the chip looks like when removed from the mobo?

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    CUDA? And I don't know, I may just give the scraps of this one to brother and have him put together something nice with for one of our sisters. They're playing on calculators essentially.
    Anyway, I want as good + silent/cool high performance as I can get within that budget :x
    CUDA is something that is in nVidia graphics cards, used for math-heavy applications (that support it) to accelerate them by moving calculations from CPU-only to GPU as well.
    http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/3149125/trixie2 or http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/3149289/trixie2-2
    Oh, and if you like, check laptops too. For no particular reason other than that I like spending money, I'll get a laptop as well! Budget around 7k
    What do you want to do with it? Games? School? Battery life? Movies on train? Portable?
    http://www.inet.se/produkt/1970615/a...nbook-ux32a-i5 is an example
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2013-03-25 at 03:02 PM.

CUDA is something that is in nVidia graphics cards, used for math-heavy applications (that support it) to accelerate them by moving calculations from CPU-only to GPU as well.
    http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/3149125/trixie2 or http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/3149289/trixie2-2What do you want to do with it? Games? School? Battery life? Movies on train? Portable?
    http://www.inet.se/produkt/1970615/a...nbook-ux32a-i5 is an example
    Games and movies on train probably. That, and for when I inevitably break my next computer by doing something ridiculous and silly, always nice to have a back up!