View Poll Results: Is the Constitution out of date?

Voters
367. This poll is closed
  • American - Yes

66 17.98%
  • American - No

177 48.23%
  • Non-American - Yes

71 19.35%
  • Non-American - No

32 8.72%
  • Not sure / Don't care

21 5.72%
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitterfly View Post
    Or to just not be labeled at all. Maybe I am sick of them, sick of having to find acceptance in the eyes of others just as flawed as me. I don't believe a religion, government or any institution for that matter has the right to judge and label you and most certainly not your love. It is the sole reason why gays in this country still have issues with the topic of marriage and it just shouldn't be there to begin with. Simple as that, at least for me.
    That's cool. Are you okay with people marrying their sisters? People marrying 5 year olds? Their pet otter? The dead? Who decides who can and cannot get married? If you think nobody should be in charge of it then literally anyone can get married.

I mean, if that's what you believe then that's fine. Most of society feels differently, is all I'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Harry Potter is quite frankly a pretty crappy fantasy series. But then again I'm sort of a fiction snob, so whatever. :P
    I like it just fine, one of my favorites actually. Are you sure you didn't just accidentally put some hipster shades on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I feel as if I've stumbled upon the script for a mediocre JRPG
    Wells, you slay me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Their pet otter?
    That'd be double dipping on crime.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-03-26 at 05:01 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    I like it just fine, one of my favorites actually. Are you sure you didn't just accidentally put some hipster shades on?
    Pretty sure I didn't. I doubt they would fit over my actual glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Death does not "end" meaning. Meaning is meaning.

The weak are the ones who think their own death defines meaning. I don't actually care that I'll die; the universe will continue, as will humanity. You're the one who's already given up and decided your own philosophy is somehow useful, provable, effective or meaningful. It's just vapid posturing.

So is the opposite, that it's useful or helpful.
    My philosophy is my own as you have yours and clearly they diverge, heavily. Humanity will die off at some point, as it should. To even consider the idea it'll be indefinite after you, is pretty set against your own view of science I'd imagine--which is simplistic and tends to portray a picture of destruction of our specie through many means. It's the one thing I'll agree with, it must all come to an end and there isn't a shiny fat man in heaven waiting to send us off to our next life. That I am confident in.

And no, my death will have no meaning. Neither will yours or the next persons. That's what is so great about it. There is no arrogance in it, no comfort. It is oblivion, as said before. All of your knowledge, your earthly status, it'll be gone. It's why I don't get why you're so obsessed with proving others wrong. Why you feel your beliefs are so stone solid despite the fact you're pretty much doomed from the get go. You were born, miraculously really, only to livee a short meaningless life and die. Yet you think you and others are somehow special, apart from the rest. That simply isn't true.

So where do you get all of this from? I honestly don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You either become an very intelligent and civil poster and go inactive or live long enough to see yourself get infracted and or banned.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    They can't change it, they aren't even remotely close to having enough states to even agree to a hearing regarding amending it. So when that position presents itself, they go into poo flinging exaggeration mode to try and create some sort of support for their angry positions.

But let's say they did.... I'm guessing target number 1 is the first amendment. They already engage in bashing and attacking along those lines, why not make it official?
    Thats what I was thinking. 'Deaths happen because of the first amendment, we should start banning certain forms of speech, along with specific words and sayings, to protect our precious youths!"

Deleted
    The discussion about the Constitution, the problems it has, how it affects the US right now, what it should be done to prevent it from making the US to downfall, what could possibly be changed or make a better Constitution hasn't been discussed at all in the last few pages or so.

I'm going to end this thread now because it has gone way away from the topic, people have been pretty much flinging some insults and going off topic for a while now.

There's no real discussion to be had in here anymore.