Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yes. Thats why the numbers go up so much from lvl 1 to current raid content. It's the most universal way for computer games to show progress/improvement/doing the right thing at the right time - by making the numbers bigger. I think they will put up with quite a lot of hassle balancing to keep that part of the game.

I do a lot of smite spam on bosses, but usually 50%+ of my healing is SS and PW:S. then again, i dont have t14 4p either.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes. Thats why the numbers go up so much from lvl 1 to current raid content. It's the most universal way for computer games to show progress/improvement/doing the right thing at the right time - by making the numbers bigger. I think they will put up with quite a lot of hassle balancing to keep that part of the game.
    That'd be an interesting twist on boss mechanics: an aura, or certain phase, where you have to...let's say...not damage him for more than 100K with one single ability (instead of "amg NO DAMAGE" auras like Spirit Kings).

Sure, bigger numbers "show progress," but that's only because it's the easiest way to understand it. Doesn't mean there aren't other ways.

easy way is to just make fights that have dmg modifiers on boss also have high movement mechanics making it hard for atonement to effectively doubledip by standing still and turreting. Tortos is a good example.

Not being able to stand still hits our non-atonement healing even worse.