Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Does NOT belong to WoW

What do you think - which things in wow dont belong there?

For me its:

1. MoP as a whole expansion - yes, i play MoP, but whole China-like architecture, quests, Npcs , its just feel alien seeing it in WoW, not to mention pandaren race and monks.

2. Netherstorm npcs and whole area in TBC - its like they came from the far future

3. Deathwing as a villain - just does not fit here

4. Harrison Jones - yes, good tip for him
    Last edited by Maniac2; 2013-03-25 at 07:22 PM.

Deleted
    1. The Alliance. Ew.
    (Just kidding!)

Discontent - You pay for the product, you shouldn't get to have a vote about R&D.

Deleted
    Spacegoats and their space-tech. That belongs in the Starcraft universe.
    Last edited by mmoc25e5b9266c; 2013-03-25 at 04:17 PM.

Rather poor subjective interpretation. You selected 3 random things from different expansions and claim they have no place. To be quite honest, the only thing that wouldn't fit WoW would be soldiers with high tech guns and nuclear bombs. They integrated the Asian theme quite well into WoW. I'm not sure if this is borderline trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who only log into various forums to whine about how this or that thing 'doesn't belong'. No one likes 'stop having fun' guy.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

If you don't like MOP, fair enough, though many including myself are loving it and feel that it does belong.

Number 2 is another taste issue, but BC in and of itself was very alien, because we were in an alien world.

3 though? That's just silly. I can understand where you're coming from with the other 2, even if I feel they belong, but how does a giant evil dragon not fit into a fantasy setting? Deathwing was a hero unit in wc 2, and played a big part in the novels, and had build up throughout vanilla, BC and Wrath. Deathwing certainly did not come out of nowhere, and he's been a villain since his introduction in wc2 and his fleshing out in Day of the Dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    1- You must have hated Wrath then because the Nordic-like architecture, quests, Npcs, it just feel alien seeing it in WoW, not to mention giant viking men and a new class that is like a necromancer in plate armor. (Seriously, it's a continent that was separated from the rest of the world for a very very very long time, of course the culture is going to be very different. And night elves have always had JAPANESE architecture incorporated into their buildings, anyways.)

2- That whole god damn world was an alien world, of course there's going to be "futuristic" alien architecture. Do draenei not tweak you out? They're from space and arrived to two different worlds in two different spaceships and worship space-light monsters with a space-priest at the helm of their faction.

3- What the hell are you smoking? Deathwing's as iconic a villain in WoW lore as Arthas or Illidan...

Anyways. No, I don't see anything in WoW that looks like it doesn't belong there unless someone is running around with the Grunty mini-pet.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Short and simple: MOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find these threads to be rather entertaining...

MoP and Pandas don't belong? I guess you never played a Warcraft game before WoW, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandas, they had 0 significant impact on the lore before Pandailia, and now we play as them...

Yeah, those goblins in Netherstorm are really out of this world!

Anyway, if you're just going to say "Yeah, these things don't fit because of reasons I won't expand upon" then the whole thread comes off as trolly. Really, WoW has always had sci-fi elements. The Orcs are from space. The same space as Netherstorm, yo. I feel like the MoP themes are excellent, and make me interested in the landscape, the characters and the world. I don't see how something like the Thunder King doesn't fit into WoW. It seems to fit pretty well given his nature, his powers and his motif.

Brewmasters have been a part of Warcraft mythos for over 10 years now. Hey, that's even older than WoW! Monks are a natural expansion upon that concept that already fit the style of a race that was well-integrated into Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Pandas, they had 0 significant impact on the lore before Pandailia, and now we play as them...
    Are you going to say that about the new race introduced in the next expansion aswell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    What do you think - which things in wow dont belong there?

For me its:

1. MoP as a whole expansion - yes, i play MoP, but whole China-like architecture, quests, Npcs , its just feel alien seeing it in WoW, not to mention pandaren race and monks.

2. Netherstorm npcs and whole area in TBC - its like they came from the far future

3. Deathwing as a villain - just does not fit here

Completly aggree with your number 1. still after playing since release I find the mop world really difficult to immerse myself in compared to northrend, outland and azeroth of course.

Lots have said it before and will say it again, panda world just does not fit in the wow universe, it just seems to cartoony and quite frankly I know ill be flamed for it but it is a complete rip off of a certain disney movie...right down to the way the characters look .....I play mop because I enjoy the game as a whole however the storyline and the lore? I really couldnt give a fig for....and thats a first for me in this game.

Im just hoping the next expansion brings the game `back to Warcraft world and away from cheap Disney idea rip off world)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Are you going to say that about the new race introduced in the next expansion aswell?
    Only if they come out of nowhere.

Deleted
    Pop culture puns

I play a fantasy game to escape IRL. I don't want to be reminded of it by every quest / npc / item I come across.

Deleted
    Pandas didn't come out of nowhere for the love of god, read the god damn lore, before coming with such a statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nelle300 View Post
    Pandas didn't come out of nowhere for the love of god, read the god damn lore, before coming with such a statement.
    I did, what's your point?

Deleted
    I did, what's your point?
    How can you then say that pandas came out of no where? Chen Stormstout has been mentioned in Lore before, and was even incorporated into Warcraft 3.

Everything has to "come out of nowhere" at some point if you ever want to see anything new ever. Naga came out of nowhere in The Frozen Throne. The Qiraji came out of nowhere in Vanilla. The draenei came out of nowhere in BC. Vrykul came out of nowhere in Wrath of the Lich King. Gilnean worgen came out of nowhere in Cataclysm.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2013-03-25 at 04:31 PM.