Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deathwing, the aspect of death doesn't belong in WoW? Wat?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    1) How can something not "fit" into the WoW universe. It is a fantasy game...
    2) It's another planet...
    3) I thought Deathwing was a pretty cool villain.
    4) Didn't care much for him either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Pandas, they had 0 significant impact on the lore before Pandailia, and now we play as them...
    I'd say Chen Stormstout helping with the founding of Durotar is pretty important...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Ice cream.

10+ Year Old Account
    3. Deathwing as a villain - just does not fit here
    deathwing doesn't fit as a villain...i don't understand... he's a big evil dragon that wants to turn the world into a ball of lava....you couldn't get much more of a stereotypical villain :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I'm sorry, I keep seeing it and i need to mention...

Unless you guys are talking about Mulan, then you should be saying a DREAMWORKS movie. Kung Fu Panda was not a Disney movie.

Edit: I do not like Harrison Jones. He was fine before Uldum. Then Uldum happened, and I felt like they wasted an entire half of that zone on a pop culture reference. I was especially annoyed that they made me work for Hitler and were going to execute me by firing line, as a Jew.
    Hopefully you are trolling, as people as easily offended by a reference like this bathe the world in rage and blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    You just haven't read enough about him it seems, did you start playing this series in Warcraft 3 or WoW by any chance?
    Deathwing makes more sense as a main villain than Illidan or Garrosh.

Imo, Illidan and Garrosh are shades of grey. Deathwing, the Lich King and Kil'jaeden are truly evil.

What do you think - which things in wow dont belong there?

For me its:

1. MoP as a whole expansion - yes, i play MoP, but whole China-like architecture, quests, Npcs , its just feel alien seeing it in WoW, not to mention pandaren race and monks.

- Just to point out, The Night Elf architecture has always been very strongly Asian influenced, and Padaria has been separated for thousands of years, so saying it doesn't fit is kind of silly, thats like saying China doesn't "fit" on earth because its so different than western culture. Finally, there have been monk nps in game since Vanilla, so they also fit very well.

2. Netherstorm npcs and whole area in TBC - its like they came from the far future

-In a fantasy Universe having alien races with magic based tech thats farther ahead than Azeroths also seems fine.

- Again, DW has been firmly rooted in Warcraft lore for a looooong time. I can't think of a MORE appropriate villain.

4. Harrison Jones - yes, good tip for him
    with 4. I agree, I like Jones for maybe 1 or 2 quests in Uldum, then... wow it was overkill.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think - which things in wow dont belong there?

For me its:

1. MoP as a whole expansion - yes, i play MoP, but whole China-like architecture, quests, Npcs , its just feel alien seeing it in WoW, not to mention pandaren race and monks.

2. Netherstorm npcs and whole area in TBC - its like they came from the far future

4. Harrison Jones - yes, good tip for him
    DUDE, The Burning Crusade and Outland is a LARGE part of Warcraft lore.
    I can understand it with MoP (tho it's in the Lore), but Netherstorm... do you even know what Netherstorm is? It's like 20% of warcraft!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm gonna say....Arena.
    i agree....and fire the guy who came up with it (kalgan).

If I had to pick one thing: Guns. Vehicles would be a close second.

Not talking about a blunderbuss/simple gun, or the rare mechanical marvel (like the Alliance flying ship), but the common things like super-accurate futuristic guns and motorcycles. They're a forced fit in this fantasy world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lazy People, who don't want to put in any effort or learn to better themselves as a player.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyros View Post
    If I had to pick one thing: Guns. Vehicles would be a close second.

Not talking about a blunderbuss/simple gun, or the rare mechanical marvel (like the Alliance flying ship), but the common things like super-accurate futuristic guns and motorcycles. They're a forced fit in this fantasy world.
    There have been submarines since War2!!! Fer cryin' out loud!!

Deleted
    Deathwing as a villain was okay, but fighting Deathwing was horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    People who only log into various forums to whine about how this or that thing 'doesn't belong'. No one likes 'stop having fun' guy.
    Ironically, my one was 'people who post on forums complaining about wow endlessly at any decision they make, showing how little they enjoy the game, but either can't quit despite there qqrage, or have quit and are pointlessly complaining about a game they have no involvement with anymore and do so just to spread discontent'

15+ Year Old Account
    flying mounts. some ppl might hate me for saying this, but ill say it anyway. Flying mounts diminish the size of Azeroth/outlands/the game as a whole. They diminish the feel of adventure and challenge as you run by mobs that you don't want to attack. I enjoyed the lvling process on Pandaria where I was on the ground, and could not fly. I enjoy Isle of Thunder for the very same reason: no flying. It makes the game feel better.

edit: it belongs to WoW, sure, since there were air units in the original Warcraft series. I'm just saying it's something I think wow would do better without
    Last edited by Dreadnor; 2013-03-26 at 09:19 PM.

1. Most of the pandaren chinese-like architecture, resembles the Chinese way too much

2. The draenei's futuristic tech and buildings, fits Starcraft more than Warcraft

3. Mechano Hog, even trough I love this mount myself. But it doesn't fit Warcraft

4. Virmen and Hozen, hard to believe those ''out of a comicbook'' creatures suddenly show up in Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    3- What the hell are you smoking? Deathwing's as iconic a villain in WoW lore as Arthas or Illidan...
    Deathwing was horribly deconstructed and ruined as a character. They hamfisted him into the game and made him a stereotypical villain for the sake of having an expansion. Go read some lore on Deathwing, he was not always the pathetic, half-assed character you bore witness to in Cataclysm. Please don't try to give me that "Well the Old Gods..." Bullshit either, Deathwing went from being a glorious chess master to troglodyte with a comically over sized chin.

Even more incredible than that, is how he was supposed to be the main villain, yet was pushed aside for the Twilight Cult (another example of Old Gods being Blizzards favorite lore cop out, as if no other form of evil exists) so he could roast some cows for the entire expansion while everyone prepared to murder him.

If the Old Gods really make decent character writing that awful, then I really wish they'd stop implementing Old Gods as the cause of every damn problem in the game since Wrath of the Lich King.

Speaking of which, what they did to Arthas and Tyrion was just... Terrible.

Nothing that has been added to this game should be thought as "not belonging".
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Honestly I found BC to be a whole hell of a lot more distracting than anything in MoP. And even then I wouldn't say it doesn't belong, but it was more immersion breaking for me than MoP has been.
    Outland had next to ZERO overall cohesion between its zones. It was like a fucking box of crayons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.